Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864022 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2715 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »

What person in their right mind would wear a dress in a zombie apocalypse, though?

Frank West, Photojournalist!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He's covered wars ya know.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2716 on: May 14, 2013, 08:04:27 pm »

I have a video up for 0.5 now. I also noticed I had 62 videos in my playlist for Cataclysm DDA so I just changed the name to say it was for 0.1 to 0.4 and finished and made a new one for 0.5 and up in case you where using it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »

0.5 is defo an improvement a few small lock up bugs

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: May 14, 2013, 09:11:58 pm »

I downloaded the version off the link, but the main menu for the game says 'Version: 0.4 -git' is this an oversight or did I do something wrong?

I noticed wrecked cars everywhere so I take that as sign I'm doing something right, noticed welders don't consume batteries from anything I'm aware of. Probably take this as an opportunity to make a 700 ton street spanning armored death machine of some sort.

Also, in the vehicle inspection menu, right? What does 'K dynamics' mean and what does the percentage value mean?

miasmatastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: May 14, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

I downloaded the version off the link, but the main menu for the game says 'Version: 0.4 -git' is this an oversight or did I do something wrong?

Its an oversight and Darkling's aware of it. Itll be updated to pull the version from git soon.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: May 15, 2013, 02:11:24 am »

I never really saw the fits thing as something being in your size, I saw it as something that fits you specifically, particularly well. And when you find something out in the world that fits it's just lucky coincidence. If all you needed was for something to be your size for the fits bonus, every item in the game would be able to be found or made fitted, and some stuff simply will never fit you. So in my mind we're not talking sizes, although it may just be my own personal bias for how I reasoned things out.

I have rarely tried on clothing of the opposite sex and generally found several minor issues. Particularly in the upper body area. Not that you can't wear the vast majority of it and mostly be reasonably comfortable, but a perfect fit? *shrugs* of course nowadays in the majority of everyday clothes, at least where I live, the only real difference between genders is really the color and design. Shirts and pants for both girls and guys. So yeah, a lot of it is gonna be interchangeable if you want to wear it. And I wasn't really thinking of applying the tags to most things. Mostly just special cases where my head goes "No frakking way this fits completely right"

And when I said skintight suits, I was thinking more on the lines of custom fit near-future tech like wet/drysuits or military spec ops suits. Or certain exercise wear. Not sexy as hell fetish catsuits XD (And while it wasn't comfortable for her think how much worse it would be if one of the set hands hat attempted to try it on) Obviously athletic, water, or mil gear would need to be able to fit you well, and since sizes aren't really present in the game... It just bugs me that you can just put on random clothes from other people and everything in the game will fit you reasonably well, and often exceptionally well.

Although now that they've been mentioned modding in some fetish suits for the lolz and have them be a super rare find in houses might be funny. Or maybe some spandex superhero costumes. Ha. Run around the zombie apocalypse cosplaying as Superman. Some people would probably do it.

On the topic of dresses in the apocalypse. Why would you want all that loose fabric waving around getting caught on stuff constantly or grabbed? Seriously, probably a bad idea. Get yourself a short skirt or some pants or shorts. Preferably pants to protect your legs from scratches or insect bites. And some good solid knee high hiking boots. (Should add some of those to the game too. God I keep thinking of more stuff I want to add.)

EDIT: As for Bra's, yeah pretty much all a guy needs to do to wear one is measure his bandsize. But at the same time he really isn't going to be getting the main benefits of it, given his probable lack of breasts. Hence why I woud gender tag it so he would be getting 0 encumbrance, no harm and little gain, but a she wearing one that fit would be getting a bonus from -1 encumbrance from the support.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:17:56 am by Kaitol »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2721 on: May 15, 2013, 02:31:25 am »

I think we should just leave anything gendery like that out as it doesn't really add enough to the game play to make the potential problems and the time spent worth it. What actual thing would you be adding to the game that is in any way worth it with your bra suggestion for instance? Let me tell you all that would make me do is always play a female character because they are suddenly better at anything penalized by torso encumbrance.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2722 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:43 am »

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure Dapper McJester(LP link) has reached the very top in this game. A hot, cooked meal, classical music on his MP3 player, and a bottle of hot tea. I don't think this character can do anything more at this point, he has basically won.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:51 am »

Ahhh, I'm pretty sure Dapper McJester(LP link) has reached the very top in this game. A hot, cooked meal, classical music on his MP3 player, and a bottle of hot tea. I don't think this character can do anything more at this point, he has basically won.

If there's no more challenge left for him, a true gentleman would just start over to experience challenge again!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: May 15, 2013, 10:49:34 am »

If yoj can "win" at a roguelike without objectives, its not a roguelike.
Generally 0.5 made the game way too fucking easy adding cars everywhere.
Wrecks are supposed to be wrecks for christs sake. The wreck generator is not random or cruel enough..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:41 am »

Wrecks are supposed to be wrecks for christs sake. The wreck generator is not random or cruel enough..
Well, there's a difference between "win" and "I've done everything there is to do."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: May 15, 2013, 10:58:01 am »

I have rarely tried on clothing of the opposite sex and generally found several minor issues. Particularly in the upper body area. Not that you can't wear the vast majority of it and mostly be reasonably comfortable, but a perfect fit? *shrugs* of course nowadays in the majority of everyday clothes, at least where I live, the only real difference between genders is really the color and design. Shirts and pants for both girls and guys. So yeah, a lot of it is gonna be interchangeable if you want to wear it.

Women's pants/shorts tend to have tiny pockets or no pockets.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: May 15, 2013, 11:31:28 am »

Are you playing with classic zombies still?  I've litterally jumped in my half-beaten to shit truck I found, and had to go at 16 km/h or less to navigate the streets only to have a hulk catch up to me and slam my back end into the pavement.
Nom nom nom

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2728 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20:26 pm »

If there's no more challenge left for him, a true gentleman would just start over to experience challenge again!

As much as I want to see some of the new stuff in the 0.5 release... I don't want to end McJester before his time.

I'll give him a chance to meet some gruesomely awesome end at least. And on the plus side, by the time he does die, the code will have advanced even further :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: May 15, 2013, 12:46:11 pm »

Well, has McJester cleared all the land of enemies for five miles around his home base? I'd consider that a won game.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 1086