Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863902 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2670 on: May 12, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »

I also think that there should be on the roads can find complete vehicles, maybe two or three who have made an accident, fire, or perhaps with some remote possibilitaà to find one healthy can work

Broken down vehicles were added today.  Some are out of gas, some are missing their wheels, some have broken engines.  You can't really drive in town anymore since the streets are littered with those wrecks.  They are a bit rarer outside of town.

That's cool, I've been wishing for that since Whales first adopted the car mod.

Is there any way to get gas out of filled cars, though? I've been thinking about that too. It would definitely be useful.
Love, scriver~

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: May 12, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »

I dunno. You could try applying a rubber hose to a car, but it probably won't do anything. But you never know till you try.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: May 12, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »

Is there any way to get gas out of filled cars, though? I've been thinking about that too. It would definitely be useful.
Not at the moment, but it's on the list of suggested things to do (most likely through the use of a rubber hose).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2673 on: May 12, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

Mounted turrets are useless. They shoot into your car often, ripping up all the windshields and (if you're lucky) plating you installed just to kill a squirrell or something.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: May 12, 2013, 09:42:47 pm »

All turrets in cata are pretty damn stupid having no other concern then shooting at the closest hostile target regardless of what is in between, you need to make sure mounted turrets are placed so they can't shoot at you/your car parts which can be achieved by using boards to block turret vision.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: May 12, 2013, 11:01:27 pm »

Yea well placed they can speed up the clearing of a town via vehicular mansuaghter significantly.  Badly placed they can wreck your shit.

Also don't just leave the things on and forget about them.  My most recent car had 2 plasma guns where the 2 back boards on a flatbed truck used to be.  I would turn them on right before I drive into a horde, and turn them off right after.  That way they are spending almost all their time shooting stuff at near minimum range, taking out the stuff I managed to miss, not really getting the chance to waste a lot of ammo (or in that case hydrogen) on long shots, they can't see me in the drivers seat most of the time to accidentally blast me, and on the edge of the truck they don't have any parts of the truck to accidentally hit in the direction they should be firing.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: May 13, 2013, 04:48:32 am »

turrets generally are a pain the back end, what we need are perhaps multispread turrets, or single direction targets ie variable fields of fire.  45 degrees, 90 degrees and so forth.  Few suggestions along with a HP buff for all the enemies as an option to create a "extra hard mode"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2677 on: May 13, 2013, 04:53:33 am »

turrets generally are a pain the back end, what we need are perhaps multispread turrets, or single direction targets ie variable fields of fire.  45 degrees, 90 degrees and so forth.  Few suggestions along with a HP buff for all the enemies as an option to create a "extra hard mode"

I heartily agree.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: May 13, 2013, 10:40:19 am »

i have found one hostile NPC... but the npc have infinite ammo??

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: May 13, 2013, 10:56:35 am »

I don't think they do.  But they sometimes seem to spawn with an extra pack of ammo for their weapon, so it might take awhile to run out.

I did once see an NPC with infinite combat knives, but that was clearly a bug, and hilarious as they Brock @&%!$*@ Samson'd their way through a horde I lured to them.  Knives everywhere.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: May 13, 2013, 11:00:17 am »

A bit late to the party but... Peek?! What is this wizardry? Does it work by casting your vision from the tile around the corner, so you can see what you would have seen, but without having had to move to the tile? (Thus saving the 2 moves, as mentioned above)

Zombies CAN actually spot you, but you have to be closer to them. This is literally barely peeking out, which makes you a lot less conspicuous to a passive observer. Try it sometime IRL :P

Does the item you use for consturction affect the time it takes to do it?

Also, what was it that happened to me in this-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In case you missed it earlier, there is a certain creature out in the world which can inflict this along with other nasty things. Watch out for... abnormalities

How do you stop reading?

As this wasn't answerred, you press 5 on numpad, or your preferred key for "wait/target ground"

I just think it might be useful to know how much noise I'm doing ...

That is already represented in the game, from what I can see. Anything that creates more sound than regular walking generates a message, such as BLAM! Plink. and SMASH!

The next thing I think I'll work on after my in-progress Hat Package, is a Mycology Package: more different kinds of mushrooms, a book where you can learn the difference and possibly new mushrooms identifiable at different survival and cooking skill levels.

I actually know quite a bit about mushrooms and essentially mushrooms fall into the following categories, roughly from most prevalent to least prevalent: disgusting harmless mushrooms, flavourless harmless mushroom, mushrooms that will give you indigestion, tasty mushrooms that will give you indigestion, harmless tasty mushrooms, mushrooms that are spicy and will make you throw up, mushrooms that are psychoactive that will make you throw up, seriously poisonous mushrooms, mushrooms that are psychoactive but otherwise harmless, mushrooms that will kill you within a week.

DO WANT! That would be awesome, and really add to the feel of survival in the wild

Broken down vehicles were added today.  Some are out of gas, some are missing their wheels, some have broken engines.  You can't really drive in town anymore since the streets are littered with those wrecks.  They are a bit rarer outside of town.

Really? That's amazing! I was wishing for this, and haven't seen the latest compile. OOohh can't wait for 0.5

Lastly on turrets... it makes sense that they are deadly when installed wrong. In the modern world, we don't really have a good FOF identifier, so a modern turret would in fact shoot at anything. So it's up to the player to install them in a safe location, which goes along with many other "safety" features of the game - like purifying water and controlling fires (using braziers/concrete/proper stoves). I'm on the other side of the fence - in OTHER games, it bothers me when a turret DOESN'T hit me when I place it in a stupid place.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:02:30 am by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:50 am »

exist a key for drop all the items??

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: May 13, 2013, 12:43:10 pm »

exist a key for drop all the items??
If you are in the latest version you can just use the advanced inventory management (/) and then mash the (m) key to drop everything that you aren't wearing or wielding into the tile you are standing on.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2683 on: May 14, 2013, 05:59:42 am »

0.5 be released.

Windows download
Source is available at www.github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA as always.

Features - Check the changelog for a full list
  • Many new details added to mapgen! New buildings, ruined vehicles on roads, and so on.
  • Much more modding-friendly: MANY bits of data have been moved into data files, rather than being hardcoded in the source.
  • A handful of recipes can be learned from sources other than just leveling your skills.
  • Artifacts should save/load properly now!
  • Assorted UI tweaks and improvements.
  • Weather radio and directional antenna.
  • Rain funnels - first step towards proper rain barrels.
  • Robust Genetics and dodging have both been significantly rebalanced, and should actually be useful.
  • Zombies wear damaged clothing.
  • Tailoring is more important, and string is easier to acquire.
  • New content all around!
  • Numerous bugfixes.
OS X build should be up sometime today.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: May 14, 2013, 06:01:32 am »

Ahh must play this after work now ! Thanks darkling wolf what your doing is so amazing ! Love the game so much.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1086