Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863834 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2640 on: May 12, 2013, 01:35:07 am »

How do you stop reading?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2641 on: May 12, 2013, 01:45:25 am »

I have looked at tweaking my font display a bit, using 'Topaz-8' and 'Cootue Curses Square 16x16' but I find they cut out a lot of the display at larger px sizes, but at lower sizes they distort so heavily it makes it difficult to read (Well, Topaz-8 is meant for 8x8 but that's a bit too small really, I'd like something that looks nice around 10x10).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a font that remains clear even at low sizes, to allow a 1280x720 playing area to still show a lot of visible space on the map?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:52:34 am by Cernunnos »

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: May 12, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

In the last build i can see in the night.....i don't have mutation or similar help.....  ??? .......

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 12, 2013, 06:00:56 am »

idea for the game: add a visual indicator of the noise....

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 12, 2013, 06:04:30 am »

idea for the game: add a visual indicator of the noise....
We already have that for zombies right outside your viewing range, for example when you're waiting on the other side of a  broken window.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 12, 2013, 06:05:30 am »

my noise... noise when walk, when run, when throw sometingh...

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 12, 2013, 06:09:08 am »

Don't even start that discussion. We had a flamewar sometime back in the thread about bars and such. We don't need another one.

Then again, a little bit of indication would help, at least a tiny representation like the ear-meter in DayZ.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 12, 2013, 06:10:12 am »

Don't even start that discussion. We had a flamewar sometime back in the thread about bars and such. We don't need another one.

Then again, a little bit of indication would help, at least a tiny representation like the ear-meter in DayZ.

ok, sorry

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 12, 2013, 06:13:27 am »

... maybe I overreacted a little bit. It was about bars, not indicators. If you have a solid concept, don't hestitate.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 12, 2013, 06:46:15 am »

I just think it might be useful to know how much noise I'm doing ...

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:39 am »

I have looked at tweaking my font display a bit, using 'Topaz-8' and 'Cootue Curses Square 16x16' but I find they cut out a lot of the display at larger px sizes, but at lower sizes they distort so heavily it makes it difficult to read (Well, Topaz-8 is meant for 8x8 but that's a bit too small really, I'd like something that looks nice around 10x10).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a font that remains clear even at low sizes, to allow a 1280x720 playing area to still show a lot of visible space on the map?

I'm using Proggy Clean (slashed zero) from here. It's not quite square, but it's better than Terminus, and is very readable. I'm using it at 9x13 pixels with 74x37 tiles on a 1920x1080 monitor. 74 wide is a bit more than needed, though, since the maximum view range + status window less wide than that.

If anyone finds a good 10x10 font, I'd love to have that, though.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2651 on: May 12, 2013, 08:04:53 am »

I'm using Proggy Clean (slashed zero) from here. It's not quite square, but it's better than Terminus, and is very readable. I'm using it at 9x13 pixels with 74x37 tiles on a 1920x1080 monitor. 74 wide is a bit more than needed, though, since the maximum view range + status window less wide than that.

If anyone finds a good 10x10 font, I'd love to have that, though.

I'm still hunting for a good 10x10, but if I should find one I'll be sure to post it here :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 12, 2013, 08:47:19 am »

The next thing I think I'll work on after my in-progress Hat Package, is a Mycology Package: more different kinds of mushrooms, a book where you can learn the difference and possibly new mushrooms identifiable at different survival and cooking skill levels.

I actually know quite a bit about mushrooms and essentially mushrooms fall into the following categories, roughly from most prevalent to least prevalent: disgusting harmless mushrooms, flavourless harmless mushroom, mushrooms that will give you indigestion, tasty mushrooms that will give you indigestion, harmless tasty mushrooms, mushrooms that are spicy and will make you throw up, mushrooms that are psychoactive that will make you throw up, seriously poisonous mushrooms, mushrooms that are psychoactive but otherwise harmless, mushrooms that will kill you within a week.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2653 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:51 am »

This is a fantasy post epoc thing so don't forget to add the mutative and such. If you don't want a specific ID system you could do a system based on both the survival skill and the cooking skill. The really deadly ones could be IDed first so people would be willing to try then.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:30 am »

It could be nice if the game gave you risks rather than saying it is unidentifiable.

So you get: Found shroom closely/ less closely, barely resembles  X poisonous muchroom. It might also be Z muchroom or Y muchroom.

Also, it would make sense for some shops to have lists of common deadly/edible muchrooms hanging around. So that 'd allow you to learn about the poisonous/edible Pre- cataclysm muchrooms. The more esoteric variants would need other things to discover them.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 1086