Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863661 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2550 on: May 06, 2013, 06:11:50 pm »

Quick question regarding submission of new content. Do I have to set up a whole fork on github and make a pull request, or (as it's only a few new items) is there an simpler way?

Dirk-Kun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 07, 2013, 04:40:54 am »

Quick question regarding submission of new content. Do I have to set up a whole fork on github and make a pull request,

Yes, you need to fork the repo, then make a branch with your changes and send a pull request to be reviewed.

or (as it's only a few new items) is there an simpler way?

I guess you could ask someone to send the pull request for you from their own fork or just post the new content in The Lab section of the official forums.

In either case you can ask for help on the irc channel or the forums.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 07, 2013, 12:39:23 pm »

Quick question regarding submission of new content. Do I have to set up a whole fork on github and make a pull request, or (as it's only a few new items) is there an simpler way?

What kind of new content? If it's just new items added to the item json files, posting on the forum is likely to lead to someone sticking it in a pull request for you.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 07, 2013, 12:47:27 pm »

A few new hats, that kind of thing. I've been trying to make a building but I've yet to wrap my head around how they're created (is there a document somewhere?). As I intend to make more substantial contributions, I probably should set up a proper github fork.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 07, 2013, 01:18:46 pm »

As a project for my Game Development studies, we're going to study the Cataclysm code for design patterns and, if possible (hint: it is), improve it. This should get interesting and perhaps we'll even display the rewrite if anyone is interested.
The deadline for the fast track is in 3 weeks, which we're aiming for, so hopefully we'll be able to share something interesting :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 07, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

Make sure you go off the most recent git branch. It's got the item factory. That is TOTES a pattern.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 07, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

Ya we've pulled the project from git 8 hours ago and the item factory was the first pattern we found ^^ Thanks and hopefully we can be of use as well :)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 07, 2013, 06:46:23 pm »

A few new hats, that kind of thing. I've been trying to make a building but I've yet to wrap my head around how they're created (is there a document somewhere?). As I intend to make more substantial contributions, I probably should set up a proper github fork.
The developer FAQ combined with looking at the already implemented buildings in mapgen.cpp is a fairly nice place to start.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:01 pm »

Buildings Eh?

I know one of the guys was willing to put maps in game if you can submit a 24x24 text clip map.

I think there was a thread for that somewhere in here... Potential Structures, maybe?
http://www.cataclysmdda.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0
 ;)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17:21 pm »

potential structures and more complex structrual complexes ie large buildings connected could be a good idea, liking the item expansion and tiles idea

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 08, 2013, 06:00:30 am »

the child zombie spawn at the start of the game.....   :'( :'(

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 08, 2013, 07:17:46 am »

the child zombie spawn at the start of the game.....   :'( :'(
thats what makes this game fun. Dont forget to butcher their corpses (even if you arent a cannibal) so they dont get back up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 08, 2013, 07:52:11 am »

Might I suggest cremation as a less stomach turning alternative. Also, unlike butchery, you don't have to wait until they've stopped moving to start the fire.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:04 am »

Might I suggest cremation as a less stomach turning alternative. Also, unlike butchery, you don't have to wait until they've stopped moving to start the fire.
Yeah, but fire is harder to do in the beginning of the game, and it doesn't give you survival experience. So butchering child zombies is the best choice.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 08, 2013, 11:17:07 am »

I know killing children zombies gives you the sads. Surely, butchering them should be worse? In fact, I'd say butchering all humans even if you don't intend to eat them should impose a morale penalty if it doesn't already.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 1086