Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863579 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2505 on: May 03, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »

Be wary that using it with a low computer skill has great chance to destroy the card reader, preventing you from accessin whatever is behind.

Psh, that's what explosives are for.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:19 pm »

Unless you have a fuckton of explosives or a heavy duty truck. That gets you through ANY door.

EDIT: Dem ninjas man, dem ninjas.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 03, 2013, 02:43:57 pm »

Unless you have a fuckton of explosives or a heavy duty truck. That gets you through ANY door.

EDIT: Dem ninjas man, dem ninjas.

> Take truck
> Load with explosives
> Step aside
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 03, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »

IDEA!

Char creation starts you with 8 (or more if you change the options, you scrub) points and 100$ (or whatever, make this an option too.) Money and points are spent separately on gear and attributes, but you can spend a certain amount of points to get a percent boost to the amount of money you have. You could also gain points buy taking a disadvantage that gives a percent penalty. Sort of representing varying levels of wealth.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 03, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »

Everyone would choose the same gear, though, based on what kind of character build they want. The whole starting gear deal is why professions are going to be introduced; what you have depends on where you were and what you were doing when the apocalypse hit. No normal person could have predicted it and loaded up on guns, ammo, supplies... or an epic melee weapon like a katana.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 03, 2013, 06:20:22 pm »

Speak for yourself. I carry an emergency morningstar with me at all times, just in case.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 03, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »

I like the idea of profession or *money point thingy* to buy your basic starting gear.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 03, 2013, 06:46:24 pm »

Everyone would choose the same gear, though, based on what kind of character build they want. The whole starting gear deal is why professions are going to be introduced; what you have depends on where you were and what you were doing when the apocalypse hit. No normal person could have predicted it and loaded up on guns, ammo, supplies... or an epic melee weapon like a katana.
What do you mean?  I carry two different three feet strings, a backpack, a combat knife, and a hotplate EVERYWHERE I go just in case some cataclysmic event happens. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 03, 2013, 06:53:06 pm »

What do you mean?  I carry two different three feet strings, a backpack, a combat knife, and a hotplate EVERYWHERE I go just in case some cataclysmic event happens.
Maybe you were on your way to survival camp? :P

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »

No, just plain old doomsday preparation club. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 03, 2013, 07:11:48 pm »

You a prepper? (PYRAMID!!!)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 03, 2013, 07:24:20 pm »

Psh, this is just a little burial mound.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 04, 2013, 01:46:25 am »

Psh, this is just a little burial mound.
Good pyramids showcase at least two different derails.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 04, 2013, 03:42:51 am »

how work the dynamic spawn ??

and the LMOE shelter don't have drinking water?!?!?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 03:57:45 am by teoleo »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 04, 2013, 04:07:37 am »

how work the dynamic spawn ??

and the LMOE shelter don't have drinking water?!?!?

Dynamic spawn works by generating zombies in waves every so often, the more noise you make the more frequently waves get generated however there is a total population of zombies in an area so eventually you can kill them all.

And the owner of the LMOE shelter died of thirst.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 1086