Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863514 times)

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2490 on: May 03, 2013, 10:00:18 am »

When .5 finally gets released you are going to see a bunch of new stuff.  I'd expect it to be in pre-release for a bit though since I have no idea how well all the parts will come together...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2491 on: May 03, 2013, 10:19:31 am »

We tried to integrate your stuff but it corrupted every existing copy of the repo and also punched me in the balls three times. Cataclysm is canceled forever.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 03, 2013, 10:22:27 am »

Oh go no!  Please!  You can have my balls, we'll preform a testicle transplant!  Just give me a moment to find my hedge clippers!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2493 on: May 03, 2013, 10:34:59 am »

Don't worry if you can't find them. I have a dull rusty spork we can use.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 03, 2013, 11:04:17 am »

What if you got a few more points in character creation, got rid of professions and was given a list of equipment you could start out with and each item cost 1 - 2 points. (or whatever's fair) Otherwise don't add points to char creation and say you can choose 3 items to start with. I don't know if this would be too OP (we're talking like a pistol with 5 shots, a thing of food, bottle of water, matches, pocket knife, pouch, etc.) anyways just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:19:55 am by Gruntdonttoot »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 03, 2013, 11:17:08 am »

You can increase the amount of points you get in character creation in options.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2496 on: May 03, 2013, 11:18:25 am »

I think he means more like a DF embark-style character creation screen. The more points would be by default and go to items or something.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 03, 2013, 11:25:52 am »

I think he means more like a DF embark-style character creation screen. The more points would be by default and go to items or something.
Yes exactly! At first I thought add to professions with more item sets, but then I figured why not just pick your own starting items, maybe have a bicycle or moped as one of the more expensive options, but nothing outrageous like <insert really good item here> (because I'm a noob and don't exactly know what the good items are :P)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2498 on: May 03, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

I think points in skills, attributes, or traits have much more value than points in items. A separate screen that uses, say, one point to create a dozen item points would be nice. ;D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 03, 2013, 11:28:06 am »

We tried to integrate your stuff but it corrupted every existing copy of the repo and also punched me in the balls three times. Cataclysm is canceled forever.
Wat.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: May 03, 2013, 11:29:53 am »

Or maybe have char points and then "money" to buy items and you could buy multiple of the same item depending on price (you can't buy 2 $75 backpacks when you get $100 to spend)

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 03, 2013, 11:58:52 am »

Or maybe you were in the shower when you heard the evacuation message and you barely had time to pick anything but your clothes ?

spoiler : personnal anecdote
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:01:41 pm by casserol »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 03, 2013, 12:04:05 pm »

Yeah, using the same points system for pre-game item buy would be pointless, because just about everybody would take higher attributes/skills over a few bits of loot that you can grab just about anywhere. "Money" would be a decent way to do it, especially once proper NPCs are in so any excess cash could stay with your character.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 03, 2013, 01:14:16 pm »

how i can use the electrohack ?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: May 03, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »

Can you "a"ctivate it? If not, I think you need to wield it as a weapon, then "e"xamine the card reader. It'll give you the option to swipe a card, then to use the electrohack if you refuse. Be wary that using it with a low computer skill has great chance to destroy the card reader, preventing you from accessin whatever is behind.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 1086