Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863476 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2445 on: April 30, 2013, 01:54:06 pm »

The force depend on the geometry of the shock, but you impart 190J of energy for every mph the collision slow you down. That's the energy of a brick falling 10 meters on the squirrel's head.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: April 30, 2013, 02:05:54 pm »

Muahahaha. Muahahahaha!!!!

Wait...I don't think hitting a squirrel actually slows me down at all, they just vaporize.

I think I need a hulk.   Or a building.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: April 30, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

Actually, scratch that. That's only if you hit a squirrel going at 1 mph and stop. If it slow you down from 120 and 119, you give it 45.000 J, the energy of a brick falling from 2 km high, or 10 g of TNT.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: April 30, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

Everything always sounds far more powerful when thought about in terms of explosives :D
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: April 30, 2013, 05:03:53 pm »

Actually, scratch that. That's only if you hit a squirrel going at 1 mph and stop. If it slow you down from 120 and 119, you give it 45.000 J, the energy of a brick falling from 2 km high, or 10 g of TNT.
Please tell me that is ignoring terminal velocity.  :D

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:15 pm »

Of course. Terminal velocity is only 50 m/s for a brick, whereas the energy of his truck going from 119 to 120 mph is the energy of a brick going at 212 m/s.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:06 pm »

So basically what you're saying is he shot a brick out of a cannon at a squirrel's head and disintegrated it.

(Note to self, mod in a craftable cannon that uses anything as ammo, then add bricks, then make it mountable as a turret, if they ever make modding not need to compile)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:25 pm »

So basically what you're saying is he shot a brick out of a cannon at a squirrel's head and disintegrated it.

(Note to self, mod in a craftable cannon that uses anything as ammo, then add bricks, then make it mountable as a turret, if they ever make modding not need to compile)
This, men, is an M-12 Adaptable Ammunition Cannon! I like to call it a rock-it launcher!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:03 am »

Such a cannon would be REALLY nice, even if you could only plant it on the ground. Fill it up with all your junk and pelt triffids attacking your home with aluminium cans and empty meat wrappers. Or spears and two by fours.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:03 am »

This reminds me of that guy making a vehicle that went over 1000 mph. In the end, it took multiple buildings and who knows how many zombies to stop it while it had the breaks slammed.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: May 01, 2013, 09:28:06 am »

We went from measuring impact energy of a bulldozer in a computer game to modding in an automatic brick cannon in the said game.

Gotta love b12

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: May 01, 2013, 12:08:50 pm »

Is there some sort of leaderboard for your own characters kinda like rogue survivor so you can check out your best runs and such? I had my first good run where I made it to day 2 or 3 (haven't been playing too long) with static spawn and classic zombies. Had myself a crossbow and 5 steel bolts when I decided to see what a FEMA camp was. Well I got too close was overwhelmed and taken down. Worst part is I had found my first vehicle a bicycle and never got to drive it because I still wanted to loot some more of the town I was by. Time to try again! >:D

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: May 01, 2013, 12:26:54 pm »

I found a FEMA camp pretty recently. I just stood outside it next to a bush and bashed up zombies as they came.

Until the soldier zombies came, that is.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: May 01, 2013, 12:51:42 pm »

Yeah, zombie soldiers take a lot of hits. Unless you hit them with a molotov, that is. They burn just as well as other zombies. ;D

I throw molotovs at anything I'm not certain I can kill before it reaches me, tbh. I've taken to always carrying three and it has saved me a few times.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: May 01, 2013, 12:54:56 pm »

My best character so far got brutally murdered by me misclicking and closing the game window. Autosave is now on.

Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1086