Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863421 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2415 on: April 28, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »

Just broke a arm and a leg while jumping from a still car. this is onna be interesting, as there is no hospital on my map.

Also, I'm now severely radioactive, and accumulating mutations like crazy. Any other effect from radiation, apart from these mutations?
Crossbroking this thread and general discussion is not a good thing.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 28, 2013, 03:35:19 pm »

probably nausea and eventually damage, either from the radiation or the disintegration mutation. Of course, you could always mutate radiogenic and then all those rads will just flat out heal you.

Also, you can find roadmaps in gas stations, and they will reveal any hospitals in a fairly large area.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 28, 2013, 05:35:10 pm »

Just broke a arm and a leg while jumping from a still car. this is onna be interesting, as there is no hospital on my map.

Also, I'm now severely radioactive, and accumulating mutations like crazy. Any other effect from radiation, apart from these mutations?
That reminds me. Sometimes cars are still moving when showing 0 speed (I assume the car is going 0.9 mph or something) but a lot of times you don't notice the diffrent message and push 'Y' anyway.  Would it be possible to have a different confirm button for jumping out of a moving car?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:46 pm »

I always pause for one step after getting speed to 0 before getting out. Always. One step is not going to kill you if you're in a car.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 28, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »

Also, you can find roadmaps in gas stations, and they will reveal any hospitals in a fairly large area.

You would think, I don't think my starting map has a single hospital, will have to venture out to a new zone and hope a hospital gens there, I don't even need a hospital but I just want to clear it out from boomer swarm if ever my bones get broken which I might to with the way I drive.

Also I'm so happy Flatbed truck is so strong, I keep accidentally crashing into a few walls at speed (is it my fault it happens to be a bank as well?) and I get no injuries, just have to keep repairing it every so often.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 29, 2013, 12:13:29 pm »

I've been following this thread, and I'm going to try this game again.
Any tips? (last time I tried was... I think right after or right before vehicles became an official part of the game)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 29, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »

Same old applies here, look like you should stay clear of cutting weapons, tend to get stuck in pretty much everything....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 29, 2013, 01:08:50 pm »

No recommendations for a beginner build or something?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 29, 2013, 01:11:29 pm »

Cutting weapons are great if you throw them at your enemies  :P

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 29, 2013, 01:11:53 pm »

I generally take a point in mechanics to begin with. That way you can beat up the lockers in the evac shelter, get a pipe, get a rock and craft a crowbar for supply runs.

Also I've been using the Savage to blow away local fauna and I've noticed occasionally their bodies just straight up disappear. Is this the power of the shot obliterating their remains, or a bug?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 29, 2013, 01:15:00 pm »

Fleet foot, decent physical stats, and good melee and weapon skills. Make or loot a simple weapon when you start (crowbar, spear, frying pan etc.). I always look around for a parking lot and try to get  a vehicle, but you don't really need to start with driving skill.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 29, 2013, 01:24:18 pm »

I generally take a point in mechanics to begin with. That way you can beat up the lockers in the evac shelter, get a pipe, get a rock and craft a crowbar for supply runs.

Also I've been using the Savage to blow away local fauna and I've noticed occasionally their bodies just straight up disappear. Is this the power of the shot obliterating their remains, or a bug?

Overkill destroys the body. Can happen with strong melee hits too (I sometimes vaporize squirrels for instance)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 29, 2013, 02:12:04 pm »

Yeah, I only hunt with .22 for that very reason. Too easy to inflict 300 damages otherwise.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 29, 2013, 03:41:14 pm »

I woke up this morning with some kind of tip for playing, but I don't remember what it was. 

Oh!  It was "slow the fuck down when zombies are chasing you and you're in a car."  When you're driving a car the zombies can't really hurt you, but they sure as shit can if you lose control and plow through a building at a hundred miles an hour.
Shoes...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 29, 2013, 03:43:32 pm »

Wise words, wise words.  Even the fastest zombie only goes like 15mph right?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1086