Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863334 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2385 on: April 27, 2013, 12:12:46 pm »

Enter the "d"rop menu, input the amount you want to drop, and then the item you want to drop.

The # symbol shows that you're dropping a specific amount.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: April 27, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »

Great! No more hauling two years' worth of drugs!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: April 27, 2013, 12:29:36 pm »

Great! No more hauling two years' worth of drugs!
You act like that's a bad thing.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: April 27, 2013, 12:31:29 pm »

Do new turrets suddenly pop up around military bases? I was just killed (instantly via headshot) by a turret in the middle of a road I crossed less than twelve hours ago.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: April 27, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »

It's possible that you first crossed at night and the second time at day. Turrets have vision limits just like you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: April 27, 2013, 12:41:20 pm »

I've notices turrets sometimes being misplaced after leaving an area and coming back.  That might have been it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2391 on: April 27, 2013, 12:46:07 pm »

I don't know about misplaced but I have had many a turret popping in out of nowhere. One of my recentish videos had one appearing in front of a science lab. Quite annoying honestly.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: April 27, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »

I don't know about misplaced but I have had many a turret popping in out of nowhere. One of my recentish videos had one appearing in front of a science lab. Quite annoying honestly.

If it's one you've placed I have had everything from them disappearing and reappearing on a different map tile to making babies and multiplying. Popping up out of nowhere 6 tiles from you on ones the map places and you don't is not uncommon.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2393 on: April 27, 2013, 01:01:15 pm »

I have yet to legit place a turret. The last time I saw one I could have taken and placed it was behind a locked door that I did not have enough mil passes to open and still get the room with water. These are just random turrets appearing out of nowhere.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: April 27, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »

I used to be driving by bunkers I hadn't opened yet and finding perfect formations of turrets sitting just west of the bunker, as if they were still in the bunker....only not.

I just used the power of ammo explosions to replace a jackhammer in a home door installation project.  After 1 round of .45 ACP 2 splintered wood for a fuse, and liberal panicked use of a fire extinguisher my farm kitchen now has a side door out to the garage.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: April 27, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »

Does the No Special Zombies option also disable other supernatural enemies?  Am I only going to see animals and "realistic" zombies?
Shoes...

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: April 27, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »

Does the No Special Zombies option also disable other supernatural enemies?  Am I only going to see animals and "realistic" zombies?

Yep

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: April 27, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »

That sucks.  I'd be interested in seeing a version with no special zombies but still supernatural monsters.  It's one thing when there's very rare but powerful monsters, that's interesting.  Special zombies infest the cities after a few days and if you're not big'n'fancy you're fucked.
Shoes...

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: April 27, 2013, 05:32:32 pm »

Is there any specific debug option to kill just regular monsters?  I am getting REALLY tired of these spiders. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:56 pm »

It does seem odd, the rate of spider spawns. Jef remarked on it during his recent stream of DDA (which was awesomely entertaining and I wish he'd do more!) He'd clear out a street of zombies, walk a few steps away, and when he came back... BAM! Wolf spiders and jumping spiders all over the place. They had literally appeared to populate a section of the city that was cleared not even five seconds ago.

I guess they do make for a never-ending supply of spider meat, if you're into that sort of thing. And chitin. I have so many chitin boots lying around. :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1086