Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862727 times)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2220 on: April 22, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »

How do I make .40 S&W? I just fulled apart some .45 FMJ and now I have gunpowder, primers and lead. I also have a lot of .40 casings, but I can't seem to figure out how to put it together.

You need at least three firearms and one mechanics to make .40 S&W. Access the crafting menu with "&" and press ">" once to reach the ammo crafting tab.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2221 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:25 pm »

Took a couple days but I have another video up though I spend a lot of it ferrying sheets. I would like to note that I found a sorta exploit. It seems that if you cause something like a squirrel to run away from you and get it next to a wall where in some situations its path-finding will stick. This is not the exploit of course just the glitch that causes it, the exploit is if you follow it up with sucking really bad at melee you can stand there holding an arrow key and train the melee skills till you accidentally kill it. Its not a big exploit but I could see it being used to get the first couple levels of the melee type skills with little to no risk simply by loading your chest down so you can't hit the broad side of a barn. Its not really important or game breaking but I figured I would mention it since I do spend the first bit of the video doing this while waiting for the rain to stop and with 2 squirrels manage to get everything but I think cutting up to level 1 with cutting at like 70% of the way if I remember correctly. I don't know if it would matter but the animals always got stuck trying to run into a wall to the south of them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »

Q: What's the deal with temperature? I can be wrapped in half a dozen coats with a full belly in an underground shelter on a bed while completely dry and still be too cold to get to sleep without the aid of pills.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 23, 2013, 12:21:31 am »

A: It's broken. Very.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 23, 2013, 03:26:41 am »

Why are huge things that can disable you in one shot the fastest enemies again? Seriously. I know it kind of makes sense for something with a longer stride to move faster, but it is a bit bothersome when you're capable of running from all the enemies that pose very little threat to you while the really high-power ones will always catch up.

Possibly we need a way of having critters being able to run fast but not manoeuvrable, at little like vehicles I guess. That way the hulk can have a fast, lumbering speed but isn't able to turn quickly to follow you through winding streets.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 23, 2013, 04:20:44 am »

I would like to note that I found a sorta exploit. It seems that if you cause something like a squirrel to run away from you and get it next to a wall where in some situations its path-finding will stick. This is not the exploit of course just the glitch that causes it, the exploit is if you follow it up with sucking really bad at melee you can stand there holding an arrow key and train the melee skills till you accidentally kill it.

Yeah I do this sometimes if I manage to get a squirrel spawn in a house, of course you can also do the same with zombies if you make sure your armoured everywhere with the bonus that you train dodge as well and no need to corner it. It is too hard to train dodge otherwise though and this also has the bonus of letting you train your first aid as well sometimes.

Why are huge things that can disable you in one shot the fastest enemies again? Seriously. I know it kind of makes sense for something with a longer stride to move faster, but it is a bit bothersome when you're capable of running from all the enemies that pose very little threat to you while the really high-power ones will always catch up.

Possibly we need a way of having critters being able to run fast but not manoeuvrable, at little like vehicles I guess. That way the hulk can have a fast, lumbering speed but isn't able to turn quickly to follow you through winding streets.

Yes would be nice if everything had acceleration and turning though hard to implement.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:06 am »

I feel awfully silly for asking this, but I've played Cataclysm for a long time now and still haven't figured out how to get water out of sinks and toilets. Or refill empty containers in general.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 23, 2013, 05:26:37 am »

I feel awfully silly for asking this, but I've played Cataclysm for a long time now and still haven't figured out how to get water out of sinks and toilets. Or refill empty containers in general.

Walk up to a water source, hit e, then select the direction of the water. It'll ask you if you want to fill a container. If you say no, it'll ask if you want to drink from your hands.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:35 am »

HOw large are the wolf spiders in this game?  Are they actual wolf spiders, or are they giant large as an elephant size wolf spiders?  And are they supposed to be impossible to kill?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 23, 2013, 05:37:46 am »

Wolf spiders have a lot of armour especially against cutting weapons (and arrows/bullets).

They are mutated though and are big, almost human sized, not impossible to kill but should use bashing weapons, if ranged throw rocks and other blunt objects, arrows can work but you will only get 2 hits doing damage for every 10 or 50% chance for damage with carbon fibre arrows.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 23, 2013, 05:40:53 am »

Wolf spiders have a lot of armour especially against cutting weapons (and arrows/bullets).

They are mutated though and are big, almost human sized, not impossible to kill but should use bashing weapons, if ranged throw rocks and other blunt objects, arrows can work but you will only get 2 hits doing damage for every 10 or 50% chance for damage with carbon fibre arrows.
Ok, that explains why they keep killing me.  Does that apply against the rest of the spiders too?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 23, 2013, 06:07:00 am »

Yup.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 23, 2013, 06:30:06 am »

Also, trying to melee a zombie hulk sucks. I don't care how high your HP max is or how reinforced your polo shirt is - that thing hits, you're gonna be in more pain than someone giving birth to a sea urchin.

>"I don't care how high your HP max is or how reinforced your polo shirt is"

>"how reinforced your polo shirt is"

>"polo shirt"

Well there's your problem.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:41 am »

My character is friggin' awesome. He's a huge pile of muscle with antlers and a tail, and modded to hell and beyond. Just look at the CBM list:

I soo wish I could draw that bad guy.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 23, 2013, 06:45:42 am »

antlers, incredibly strong and coated in metal and flamethrowers... Sounds like canada's new super hero BIONIC MOOSE MAN!
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 1086