Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862455 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2160 on: April 21, 2013, 02:01:43 pm »

So I created a character, and the moment I opened the door to my shelter there was fungaloids outside. I ran then north to find Triffids. Then I ran south past the fungaloid area to another evac shelter, where there was GIANT WORMS. By now you might be able to understand why I started to think that any minute lovecraftian horrors would spawn out of nowhere and kill me. Then I found a farm with a LMOE shelter just north of it....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reminds me of the sandworm scene from Beetlejuice xD
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 21, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

I just started playing this last week, and actually streamed it for a good four or so hours on my twitch channel. Really enjoying it, trying to survive, figuring out all the neat things I can do.

Now, I am getting to the point where I want to start building things, specifically I want to build a bicycle, then a motorcycle. How exactly do I go about doing this?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 21, 2013, 02:12:07 pm »

I just started playing this last week, and actually streamed it for a good four or so hours on my twitch channel. Really enjoying it, trying to survive, figuring out all the neat things I can do.

Now, I am getting to the point where I want to start building things, specifically I want to build a bicycle, then a motorcycle. How exactly do I go about doing this?
Hit up a couple of hardware stores for metal; then build a vehicle frame; stick on a wheel on the front and back, get a seat and a foot crank assembly + vehicle controls, and you have a basic bike.
It would be a good idea to reinforce it a bit though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:16:23 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 21, 2013, 02:28:23 pm »

Is there still no way to play fullscreen?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 21, 2013, 02:46:27 pm »

Adjust the screen big enough to cover your whole screen?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 21, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »

Hit up a couple of hardware stores for metal; then build a vehicle frame; stick on a wheel on the front and back, get a seat and a foot crank assembly + vehicle controls, and you have a basic bike.
It would be a good idea to reinforce it a bit though.

I imagine a reinforced bicycle would look like the one in Pagemaster.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:40 pm »

You can't resize the window unfortunately. Don't really want to change my desktop resolution every time I want to play this game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 21, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »

You can't resize the window unfortunately. Don't really want to change my desktop resolution every time I want to play this game.

Experiment with options. The first number should be bigger than the second number by far.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 21, 2013, 03:04:38 pm »

Give me a second to see if ResizeEnable works for Cata.

E: Nope. You can resize the window, but everything else remains static.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 21, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

Pagemaster.

Ouch, right in the nostalgia!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 21, 2013, 03:11:01 pm »

You can, check the "viewport width" and "viewport height" options (the unit is the font size). This is what the game looks like for me, now :

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 21, 2013, 03:36:15 pm »

Is there a way to change the colours like in DF?

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 21, 2013, 03:44:19 pm »

This is what the game looks like for me, now :

what font are you using? tried bunch of square fonts, unfortunately they all have problems with some characters, but this one looks good

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 21, 2013, 04:05:53 pm »

Is there a way to change the colours like in DF?

Probably in the raw code.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 21, 2013, 05:20:26 pm »

Thanks for the tips, this is much better.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 1086