Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862479 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2145 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22:51 am »

Duly noted, I shall save it for emergencies :) Would putting a suppressor on a low-calibre pistol be more useful then?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 21, 2013, 09:38:14 am »

Duly noted, I shall save it for emergencies :) Would putting a suppressor on a low-calibre pistol be more useful then?

Putting it on anything that fires .22 makes it more or less silent. If you want a perfectly silent weapon, either use a longbow or somehow learn ninjitsu.

Speaking of which, learning styles from wandering npcs makes you level up your "null" skill instead of learning a style.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 21, 2013, 09:49:11 am »

Just crafted a longbow and arrows; gonna hit up some outlying buildings come nightfall :D
By the way, are there any night-vision goggles? Feel free to spoiler incase other people don't want to know.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 21, 2013, 10:01:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 21, 2013, 10:18:22 am »

Regarding .22, I've been very satisfied with S&W SSA(?). It's low caliber, so goodbye zombie soldier headshots, but my it's good at window situations. And horde-3-tiles-away-from-you situations. It reloads quickly, it has a lame(but still) amount of bash damage on it - feels like a nailgun, works like a glock.
Not really, but you get the drill. With that thing I never even bothered about attracting hordes. Also, molotov cocktails. Whales went with 'can't solve it burn it with MAGMA' thing here. But he swapped magma with fire. Find a gas station, they always have glass bottles of milk or something in them, fill other bottles up, make cocktails, ???unknown amount of burned houses???, profit.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 21, 2013, 12:00:55 pm »

Noticed a bug where arrows don't automatically go back into the stack; and instead really use up the inventory symbols.

EDIT: And that new items are allocated to the spot that has been empty ever, rather than to the lowest available. Not sure if that's a bug or just an oversight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:18:04 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 21, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

I just got attacked by a squirrel.

I tried my hand at building a superbike. I was humming along at a nice 250 miles per hour. Apparently it tried to walk into a space that was empty one moment and full of me the next.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 21, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »

Funny, I don't have problems with ammo.

Do you guys know a way to check how much power you have in your CBM batteries?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 21, 2013, 12:22:20 pm »

If you have the Power Storage CBM installed, you should get a POW indicator below your leg health.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 21, 2013, 01:09:14 pm »

Yup and will be dark blue when it's full I believe, I don't think you can check what the max is if your not at full power. It could do with a bar :P

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 21, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »

Let's just call them "indicators" for now. Sounds less loaded, and I think less likely to stab people in the angry glands.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 21, 2013, 01:51:51 pm »

Thanks :) Are lock pick sets still even a thing? The wiki FAQ mentions them but I've never seen one in any of my saves.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 21, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

Thanks :) Are lock pick sets still even a thing? The wiki FAQ mentions them but I've never seen one in any of my saves.
I've found picklock kits.  Which were kindof useless, since I just smash the windows in, and then * g them.   A lone zombie comes to investigate, I'll give him a few wood arrows.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 21, 2013, 01:59:34 pm »

Man, whenever I do that every zombie and his zombie dog comes to investigate >:(

EDIT: Typical, as soon as I make a post about never finding lockpick sets, I find one straight away for the first time ever :P

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 21, 2013, 02:00:53 pm »

So I created a character, and the moment I opened the door to my shelter there was fungaloids outside. I ran then north to find Triffids. Then I ran south past the fungaloid area to another evac shelter, where there was GIANT WORMS. By now you might be able to understand why I started to think that any minute lovecraftian horrors would spawn out of nowhere and kill me. Then I found a farm with a LMOE shelter just north of it....

Blargh.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1086