Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862377 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2130 on: April 21, 2013, 04:51:02 am »

Well in this case why change * for squares? it would do the same job.. thats not an improvement, thats changing a character for another one....

In that case, why argue either side? If it's just changing one character for another surely that doesn't warrant arguing over? That's like arguing over plump helmets having their characters changed in DF but still remaining functionally identical.

Fuck this. DDA is turning into a shitfest of casuals that wants to shave off the depth and turn the game into a low hanging fruit. Cant fucking believe this comes from the DF forum.
Im out.

...Is this a serious post or sarcasm? I genuinely can't tell.
My first rant about bar was about the hunger then i got sidetracked by your post,and about poo sadly no he is not. Might come back in a day or 2 after venting
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 21, 2013, 05:48:36 am »

DrPoo, would you please stop tantruming. It's pointless and completely unflattering.
Love, scriver~

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 21, 2013, 05:49:30 am »

Dont make me throw mah socks!
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 21, 2013, 06:48:05 am »

Lock him in a room with copious amounts of alcohol and mushrooms. Usually does the trick.

Also, what's the difference between static and dynamic spawning?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 21, 2013, 06:51:49 am »

Static zombie spawn once at start but in HUGE amount, but if you feel like it you can clear a town and really clear it, while not static there is a few spawned, and the more sound you noise the more that spawn taken from a pool, but that pool is ridiculously big if i remember right, dang hard to clear a town but if you re silent the game is kinda easier to get in the middle of the town while in static town center = death wish unless packing ridiculously high firepower or have a car that can withstand LOTS of impact.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 21, 2013, 07:05:33 am »

I see, so I imagine dynamic would perhaps be easier for a new/bad player?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2136 on: April 21, 2013, 07:06:46 am »

Calm descended over this thread, and suddenly everybody became more chill about bars and stuff, at least to the point where people aren't acting in an untoward fashion and posting giant images and so on.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 21, 2013, 07:41:06 am »

Yes sure would be but once you get some experience under your belt static offer more freedom in your long term goals since you can completly clear an area and only watch out for wilderness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 21, 2013, 07:48:48 am »

Well in this case why change * for squares? it would do the same job.. thats not an improvement, thats changing a character for another one....
I think that they look better as a way of showing information.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 21, 2013, 07:51:18 am »

Yes sure would be but once you get some experience under your belt static offer more freedom in your long term goals since you can completly clear an area and only watch out for wilderness.

Sounds good to me, dynamic spawn for now then :D
Also, start new game, take 2 steps out of the evac shelter and run into a downed military squad. I got a SCAR-H, a suppressor for it, a couple clips of usable ammo and a ton of rations. Score! :D

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2140 on: April 21, 2013, 07:53:31 am »

As soon as you fire it the game's gonna spawn a ton of zombies on your face :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 21, 2013, 08:29:39 am »

That's what the suppressor is for :D

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 21, 2013, 08:34:19 am »

A suppressed SCAR-H is still pretty darn loud.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 21, 2013, 08:43:04 am »

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fL_64Ch24
Watch it to around 0:50 if you want to compare a suppressed and unsupressed SCAR.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 21, 2013, 09:00:30 am »

A suppressed SCAR-H is still pretty darn loud.
Any gun is pretty loud, regardless of suppression.
At best you can make it sound like a smaller gun.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1086