Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863142 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1920 on: April 16, 2013, 01:04:02 am »

Sooo... I ate some marloss berries inmy base... and now theres fungal beds and crap. And also, a friendly blob spawned that follows me around and murders everything it sees but me. Including bears. And now there's five of them. Blob army.

Also I have over 200 morale and am gaining XP's like crazy.

This stuff's the shit man.

Spoiler that, its a major game secret.

On another note i have been holed up in a shelter in a few days. 14 to be exact. Its the longest i have been surviving, ever. It even seems like summer is coming soon, nights seems warmer etc.
Mainly kept myself fed from small(as well as large) game that falls into the various pits and bear traps i have set up around the perimeter. I get my water from a mansion nearby. Accidently set it on fire. Parts of the building are still on fire even after some very heavy precipitation.

The first 10 days were like being knocked back into the stone age. Had to improvise most of my equipment and weaponry. I did do some looting but i almost got killed half of the time.
Started to loot in the night, much easier. Just gotta make sure you get out before dawn.

The last 4 days were a massive improvement for me. Looted electronics stores, hardware stores, found a bike and found alot of ammonia and salt water. I spent most of my 10 first days using academic textbooks as bedtime reading material, wich made me quite much capable of making anything i could ever need.

Im gonna fashion some explosives and loot the nearby military installation, pack up my truck and go see what i can find and die from out there.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:19 am »

A car is powerful beyond imagine in the game even if you discount the ability to use it to run over things. I would advise maybe a bicycle, maybe a motorcycle if you want to push it.

The plan is for a bike/motorbike first as proof of concept, but even if they started with the bits for a school bus they've still got to pay the points for it and for the skills to put it together. So unless they've set their char gen to 24 points it should be prohibitively expensive.

It's 4 points just to get enough mechanics skill to be able to install anything other than a 1 or 2 cylinder engine, I'll probably make the car professions 4-6 depending on the vehicle. Right from the start that's equivalent to the starting total. They'll have to take disads just to get combat skills or stat buffs. Granted there's always the Ugly, Truth teller, glasses disads to take.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 16, 2013, 01:21:00 am »

What, that the marloss berries anyone can randomly find just lying around do something? How is that a major secret? Besides, that destroyed a big part of my base and will just flat out destroy even reinforced metal walls. People should know not to eat those things inside. Or while in a moving car. Seeing as they can spawn full sized fungal trees you probably don't want to drive into at 200 kph.

Plus you can get friendly blobs from opening goo canisters. So it's not really that special.

(My poor LMOE shelter. Now you're full of yucky pools of slime and have gaping holes in your walls.)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 16, 2013, 01:25:07 am »

he meant spoiler what marloss berries do.... as I for one did not fucking know they do that and now the wonder is kinda fucked for me
Nom nom nom

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1924 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:27 am »

Yes you can find them randomly lying around, no I never have. Basicly a spoiler is when you reveal some bit of information that is not common knowledge and those are rare enough that they aren't. Ergo spoiler though at this point its to late. You basically walked out of a movie theater and accidentally mentioned how it ended near the line waiting to see it. You can apologize or deny it but thats not going to put the cat back in the bag.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: April 16, 2013, 02:18:28 am »

Im gonna help washing away that spoiler by posting the entire lorem ipsum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit,
 sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet
dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad
minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper
suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
 Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate
velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat
nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim
 qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore
te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis
 eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim
placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam;
 est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes
 demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius.
 Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem
consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica
, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas
humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima.
Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: April 16, 2013, 02:24:46 am »

They're not that rare. I've played on and off and never for very long and I've found them on two or three characters. Although I never ate them before this because I was paranoid/died.

Plus they have a minor effect. Very good morale and a friendly temporary blob or two plus some fungal vegetation is hardly game-changing or a major feature. Saying the ending of a movie ruins the whole point of going to the movie they paid money for. Talking about one minor item in a free sandbox game that has no bearing on any kind of story and won't really affect gameplay that much is hardly comparable.

That's like complaining that someone said the main character wore an awesome red dress as they walked out of the movie theatre. It's not relevant to the story or experience at all. And if the tiny details are so important to you to not see at all, why are you even reading this thread.

People talk about the stuff you find in Lab finales and mines all the time and all the other weird special stuff you can find. Why are you on about this?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 16, 2013, 02:31:54 am »

Just fucking spoiler it you massive goblin

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 16, 2013, 03:06:41 am »

Did you guys know there are LAW's in-game?  Also, there are zombies that punch really hard.  Also, there are cool shelters with lots of supplies.  And bionics, did I mention bionics?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:17 am »

They're not that rare. I've played on and off and never for very long and I've found them on two or three characters. Although I never ate them before this because I was paranoid/died.

Exactly this is why you should spoiler it! I never ate them either because I figured they were poisonous or something. For some reason, you decided to eat them anyway and were pleasantly surprised.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 16, 2013, 04:51:45 am »

Did you guys know there are LAW's in-game?  Also, there are zombies that punch really hard.  Also, there are cool shelters with lots of supplies.  And bionics, did I mention bionics?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fuck you. Most of us like discovering shit ourselves.
Its common netiquette to spoiler the hidden things.
Its fucking egoistic to spoil shit.

sperg

Go back to /b/ you fucking asshole.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 16, 2013, 04:57:48 am »

DrPoo, you're not helping. Either behave or refrain from posting.
Love, scriver~

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:15 am »

Attempting to diffuse the impending shitstorm. How the hell do you survive in this game? I'm terrible at it xD
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:21 am »

1) Don't die
2) Raid the city at night: zombies can't kill you if they can't see you
3) Do drugs. Drugs keep you alive. Adderall especially make you run really fast

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:37 am »

When making your preset for character, make sure to have atleast 1 point in mechanics so you can make a crowbar from the lockers in the evac shelter
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 1086