Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863161 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1905 on: April 15, 2013, 04:39:42 pm »

Using the very latest version? The sharp sticks were left out of cooking for a few commits, should be fixed in the latest.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 15, 2013, 04:40:29 pm »

That IS odd. When did you download your copy? It looks like there've been changes recently (in the last day) in regards to pointy-sticks and wood spears, maybe something got overlooked.

Ninjaa: Yay god spoke!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 15, 2013, 04:44:47 pm »

Ooh, swift response.
I downloaded it yesterday from the Cataclysm DDA website, but I'm not hooked into git. I guess I should do that, thanks!
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1908 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:14 pm »

Huh. I wasn't actually aware that the pointy sticks were in the release version.
We should have 0.5 before too long.

Also, Jefmajor's streaming hyer
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 15, 2013, 05:10:19 pm »

Oh. That Fractal Jelly was an artifact? Wonder why it turned to Nothing. Musta been that crash I had...

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 15, 2013, 07:17:36 pm »

Anyone been trying to set up some custom professions? Right now I'm trying to make archer starting kits for each of the archery weapons, a university student profession, and a reservist profession. However figuring out the item class names is causing issues. I know where to put everything in the professions.json file but finding the item names in the source code is a bitch.

Ideally the proffesions are just copies of the Unemployed profession but with the appropriate stuff added:

Archer - longbow & 12 wooden arrows &  - 1 point
Modern Archer (better name?) - compound bow & 12 carbon fiber arrows - 2 points
Crossbow Archer (name?) - crossbow & 12 steel bolts - 2 point)
Student - backpack & 4 text books (can you generate a random list?) - 2 points
Reservist - military rucksack & steeltoed boots, army pants, belt rig, light jacket, fingerless gloves, gas mask, sunglasses, army helmet. - 3-4 points?

My reasoning is that for pretty much every character you make either you spend the first day trying to get together a proper kit (like one of these professions) and succeed and get on with the rest of the game, or you fail, die, and try again. This lets you skip that bit at the start and get to the meat of the game (exploration, etc.) It's not terribly unbalanced either, since points spent elsewhere are permanent, and these items are temporary. Short term gain in exchange for long term advantage.

EDIT: Longbow is named "longbow", but that was a guess, and arrows are a bitch to figure out, and how do I add more than one? Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:25:03 pm by C4lv1n »
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 15, 2013, 07:22:00 pm »

Yes yes yes. Skipping right to the meat of the game is what I want to do.

Buuut, if you're patient (and skilled) enough, you can start the game with more good traits and eventually become that good anyway. Risk reward system. I like it.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 15, 2013, 07:25:35 pm »

That's pretty much my idea, now to figure out how to do it!

EDIT: The game not crashing when you enter an incorrect item class name makes guessing a bit easier.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:30:14 pm by C4lv1n »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 15, 2013, 07:34:20 pm »

That sounds like a good idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 15, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »

HUZZAH! An overcomplicated yet effective solution presents itself: Adding an item to a character via the debug menu, saving, then opening said save file in Notepad++ gives you the class name.

I'm going to create some custom classes, I'll post a collection of them in a bit if anyone is interested.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 15, 2013, 09:38:17 pm »

Just would like to mention that you guys are also helping me in my C++ class.  I have already heard not to learn anything from the structure.

But today we just learned about classes (even though I still can't wrap my head around pointers, and why I would ever want to use those when I could just use the damn variable, but that's my own fault) and suddenly all those extra .h files make sense.

It is very useful to have a real world example to look at while listening to the teacher describe this stuff.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 15, 2013, 11:16:02 pm »

I found a furry mask artifact in a mine... and when I loaded the save it turned into a None. So I'm guessing artifacts are just horribly bugged and I shouldn't bother getting them for now.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 15, 2013, 11:44:49 pm »

There is a bug in the current version where artifacts don't get saved properly, not usually save destroying, but annoying none the less. It has been fixed for v0.5 which apparently is coming relatively soon.

In other news, my custom professions are coming along nicely, trying to figure out how viable vehicle based professions would be. (IE: You spawn with the materials to make a car/bike/etc.)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1918 on: April 16, 2013, 12:01:33 am »

A car is powerful beyond imagine in the game even if you discount the ability to use it to run over things. I would advise maybe a bicycle, maybe a motorcycle if you want to push it.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:32 am »

Sooo... I ate some marloss berries inmy base... and now theres fungal beds and crap. And also, a friendly blob spawned that follows me around and murders everything it sees but me. Including bears. And now there's five of them. Blob army.

Also I have over 200 morale and am gaining XP's like crazy.

This stuff's the shit man.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 1086