Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863221 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1890 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:49 am »

I'm struggling to work out the Noise levels based on the wiki information. Could someone clue me in how this works?

The wiki says "Noise is based on ammunition damage * 0.8 + 20 if greater than 5". So, taking .308 as an example, this ammo creates 48.8 "noise". But the wiki goes on to say that 40mm grenades make 8 noise and various other things are even quieter.

I don't know much about guns, honestly, and I know the .308 is a powerful caliber, but is it really so much louder than a grenade? Or is this information outdated?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: April 15, 2013, 11:16:59 am »

It sounds like the 8 noise is just the sound of firing the grenade (the poomph as it leaves the launcher) not the explosion itself.  I think the player makes 8 noise just moving around, so 8 dosn't sound right for the explosion.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:59 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:15 pm »

Guys slides dont deconstruct into sheet metal. they deconstruct into piles of pipes and a single piece of steel plating.. thanks alot..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Humdilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Go Action Bastard Anti-Enema Beam!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: April 15, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »

Hey all! Just wanted to say that I love DDA! Great work fellas! I've been reading this thread for a while. I don't really post anything because my grammar skills are not that great. :| I just had the urge to share my character's story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:52 pm »

Guys slides dont deconstruct into sheet metal. they deconstruct into piles of pipes and a single piece of steel plating.. thanks alot..
Huh, well steel plating is more useful than sheet metal.  Though Darkling Wolf was the one who said they deconstruct into sheet metal, so I think that basically just turned into Word of God being wrong.

So that means it could potentially be a bug, and that you could get away with 'Z' spawning some sheet metal.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1896 on: April 15, 2013, 12:34:33 pm »

It means that the change where I made them create sheet metal was reverted at some point :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: April 15, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »

Steel plating is so much more useful. Just punch 2-3 store racks into steel bits and make some sheet steel.

EDIT: Is there any way to cut down on loading/saving times? Ive been dissolving bodies in the streets in hopes that relieving the clutter will lower the time needed to load/save.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:55:20 pm by Eagle »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: April 15, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »

Except sheet metal is much more useful and makes much more sense for a slide.
Not everyone has the ability to find buildings with welders in them.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:08 pm »

I'm having some trouble with pointy sticks. I can craft weapons with them, but I can't use them to cook meat - I'd need a wood spear for that, but I can't craft one. Is this intentional or an oversight?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: April 15, 2013, 03:50:00 pm »

Right, f*ck the bloody narration.

I've been working on that Quad-bike I found. And after a day of hard work, I present to you: !!The Murder Bike!!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've added steel plates to the front wheels, and attached blades and spikes on every surface. The spikes on the side of the wheels enable it to cut a five tile wide swath through a horde. And the ones by the seat prevent any zeds who manage to dodge the spikes1  from hitting the unarmored back wheels. I've also added an extra gasoline tank under the seat. The added weigh has made it a bit slow, but it should be able to ram through a horde without much trouble.

Now all I need is a hacksaw.

1 for some bloody reason, the speed is ignored if it's the zombies who walk into the vehicle, although I suppose it could simulate them trying to cling on to the vehicle, but the speed should still have a factor on that. Anyway, no one could possibly cling diagonally to a bloody, literally, wheel.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 15, 2013, 03:55:41 pm »

I'm having some trouble with pointy sticks. I can craft weapons with them, but I can't use them to cook meat - I'd need a wood spear for that, but I can't craft one. Is this intentional or an oversight?
You should be able to craft a wood spear with a "Heavy stick" and a knife of some kind.

It might be a client-side bug if you have both the heavy stick and the knife (check the knives list in "wood spear" crafting, not all of them work for it)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »

You should be able to craft a wood spear with a "Heavy stick" and a knife of some kind.

It might be a client-side bug if you have both the heavy stick and the knife (check the knives list in "wood spear" crafting, not all of them work for it)
There is no wood spear in my crafting menu, I can't even (f)ind it. I can only make a pointy stick out of a heavy stick with my machete.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:30 pm »

Weird. Got a screenshot of your crafting menu?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: April 15, 2013, 04:31:40 pm »

I'll just copy it.

Code: [Select]
    │.....#...  ┌───────┐  ┌────┐  ┌────┐  ┌──────┐  ┌─────┐  ┌───────────┐  ┌─────┐  ┌────┐
    │......... <│WEAPONS│> │AMMO│  │FOOD│  │DRINKS│  │CHEMS│  │ELECTRONICS│  │ARMOR│  │MISC│
    │.........┌─┘       └──┴────┴──┴────┴──┴──────┴──┴─────┴──┴───────────┴──┴─────┴──┴────┴─┐
    │.........│ makeshift machete           Primary skill: N/A                               │
    │.........│ makeshift halberd           Secondary skill: N/A                             │
    │.........│ pointy stick                Difficulty: 0                                    │
    ┤.........│ wooden javelin              Your skill level: N/A                            │
    │.........│ knife spear                 Time to complete: 8 turns                        │
    │.........│ nail board                  Tools required:                                  │
  ─ ┘.........│ nail bat                    > hatchet OR steak knife OR combat knife OR      │
..............│ molotov cocktail              butcher knife OR pocket knife OR scalpel OR    │
.............#│ pipe bomb                     machete OR broadsword OR integrated toolset    │
..............│ sawn-off shotgun            Components required:                             │
..............│ sawn-off Saiga 12           > 1x heavy stick OR 1x broom OR 1x mop OR        │
..............│ acid bomb                     1x two by four OR 1x pool cue                  │
..............│                                                                              │
..............│                                                                              │
..............│                                                                              │Spring, day 4
..............│                                                                              │8:38
..............│                                                                              │XP: 800   SAFE
..............│                                                                              │Spd 112
..............│    ?: Describe, [F]ind                                                       │
..............│    Press <ENTER> to attempt to craft object.                                 │
..............└──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Edit for the right weapon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:34:41 pm by Trif »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1086