Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862596 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2013, 03:29:17 pm »

I guess you could make sure that there is nothing accessing it and try booting up cataclysm, then ending it's process with task manager.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2013, 03:42:17 pm »

Yeah, neither of the world deletion options seem to work in Windows. I suggest just deleting the save folder.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2013, 06:22:53 pm »

Doublepostwoo

New release, bunch of bugfixes, and now with added picklocks. Crowbars are no longer completely silent, and picking locks is based on dexterity. Chainlink gates can also be unlocked using picklocks, so no more need for boltcutters.
http://www.cataclysm.glyphgryph.com/smf/index.php?topic=167.0
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:36:54 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2013, 08:09:39 pm »

What do you think about generators that you can use to power constructions or recharge power cells on hotplates/purifiers, etc.?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 02, 2013, 11:24:56 pm »

Uh, I actually managed to live through the first night since the spawn rate was changed by Whales.
I curled up in a clothing store, boarded up the windows, and went into the back room, set up a rollmat.
I couldn't fall asleep, so I drank 4 shots of whiskey in a row. Eventually, I fell asleep at 8:30.
I woke up at 6:23. As I woke up, I noticed that yellow question marks were surrounding the entire area.
I instantly realised that this is going to be bad.
I grabbed as much stuff as possible and opened the front door.
As I opened the door, I saw...

...a sea of zombies.
No, I shit you not.
Sea of zombies.
Every single tiles,
every single empty space
The entire window was filled with Z's of various colour.
My jaw dropped and I just stood there, speechless.

That is all I have to say.

It seems that vehicles are CRUCIAL for survival now.
Because, well, waking up to see 400 zombies came over to pay a visit is not a pleasant experience.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:26:34 pm by DoomOnion »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #575 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Just to point out the obvious:
Whales made the base Cataclysm game.
This is the Dark Days Ahead mod of Cataclysm, headed by The Darkling Wolf.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:40:29 pm by n9103 »

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »

Oh don't mind the sea of 400 zombies. If you had found a vehicles and drove out to a shelter or something you'd have woken up to a couple dozen wolves. If you had managed to blitz past them to get into your vehicle and get it up to speed you'd be able to get out of there. (After running over around a dozen of the hundred or so rabbits and squirrels that had formed a mass around the wolves to watch and see what happens.)

...of course then if you make the mistake of trying to drive into a town on day 3 to get fuel... well, you'll be mobbed before you can even find a station. But the good news is you'll get to mow down a hundred or so zombies before you hit a boomer if you're careful. And then run down a hundred more before you embed your truck into the front of an electronics store if you're lucky.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2013, 12:05:23 am »

Wolves don't challenge me any more and boomers can be run over if you do it right. The trick to wolves is a gun, something high calibre, like a Redhawk or deagle is best but even a sig mosquito can take 'em on. I agree that cars are essential for survival however, zombie killing, storage and a getaway method all in one. What's not to like?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2013, 12:58:41 am »

I have a small suggestion: Make a mutation that allow the holder to consume water with no detriments AND make it so claws, fangs and talon mutations count as butchering items. Sometimes I use debug to mutate myself and I find it really sad that I cannot be a malevolent predator without a water purifier and a steak knife.  :(

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2013, 06:46:06 am »

Posting to watch! (I really dig Darkling-era Cataclysm).

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 03, 2013, 08:14:28 am »

...of course then if you make the mistake of trying to drive into a town on day 3 to get fuel... well, you'll be mobbed before you can even find a station. But the good news is you'll get to mow down a hundred or so zombies before you hit a boomer if you're careful. And then run down a hundred more before you embed your truck into the front of an electronics store if you're lucky.
I suggest just carrying a few jerrycans in to fill up with fuel, rather than taking your loud vehicle right into the centre of the massed hordes.

My cabbages!

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #581 on: February 03, 2013, 09:28:08 am »

One of my favorites RL, since the first playable Whales's version. Thanks for the update.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 03, 2013, 03:10:43 pm »

I suggest just carrying a few jerrycans in to fill up with fuel, rather than taking your loud vehicle right into the centre of the massed hordes.
Also, currently only Cars come with a muffler. Installing a muffler on other vehicles seems to help a lot. Vehicles seem to make noise and produce smoke puffs at the same time, when you accelerate. Coasting into town is a good way to reduce spawns.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #583 on: February 03, 2013, 07:02:43 pm »

Or you could just stick blades on the front and back of your car.

Accelerate, stop, reverse, stop, accelerate, stop, reverse... Soon, you'll have about 600 zombie corpses all on one street!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 03, 2013, 07:43:38 pm »

Now we REALLY need a third dimension... so corpses can pile and we can literally make a mountain of them.

Welcome to Mt. Slaughter ~ We hope you have a nice day, and a bloody, bloody apocalypse.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 1086