Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861377 times)

kenpoaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

I just learned I can't steal refrigerators :<

I know it doesn't make food last longer but it'd be cool to say I have one in my safe house!
Is there a way to destroy walls? It'll probably call every zombie in miles won't it? :/
This forum is a bunch of nutters, and you couldn't point to anything to contradict it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »

Jackhammers or 'splosives.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:27 pm »

A jackhammer can destroy walls.  A vehicle hitting a wall hard enough will also destroy a wall.  It also has a chance of bringing down a section of the building though, so you'll want to make sure you are outside the building when you do some remodeling.

And yes, it's loud.

Thanks for looking into all these bugs Darkling!  Not a high priority of course(unless you want to protect your fellow wolves from my dude's mastery of the steel spear).  I'm already extremely happy you and gryph picked this up.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2013, 07:49:50 pm »

Just got done with my first non-tutorial playthrough.  Found a gunstore, and got myself a Remington, some ammo, but was unable to get more due to lack of backpack.  Once I found one, returned and got a Ruger and Glock, with the corresponding ammo.  Killed a few hordes of zombies, found a science lab in the middle of nowhere, and eventually got killed.  Few questions-
What are the other @'s on the map? 
Is there any quicker form of traveling?
Does smashing stuff attract zombies? 
And how do I locate other people? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2013, 07:51:41 pm »

The other @'s are NPCs, they're buggy as hell and I offer no warranty for any crashes caused by them
Vehicles
Depends on the thing, but it's generally noisy enough to lure in any close ones.
My cabbages!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2013, 12:24:01 am »

Wow. I just started as an android with a mini-flamethrower bionic.

First thing I do is blow up a gas station. Crispy zombie is on the menu tonight.

And dead. More zombies came.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:33:08 am by Vgray »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2013, 03:46:41 am »

This game is so hard!

First character in a few months.  Looked good at first.  Found a mil surplus store and immediately got some good gear before running into any major trouble.  Got into a couple light skirmishes along the way.  Did pretty well.  Found a truck and started loading some supplies into it.  After I was happy with my haul and the zombies were getting a bit ridiculous, I went and retrieved the starting NPC's dog and ran back to the evac shelter, not wanting to make a ton of noise with the vehicle yet.  The NPC was gone.  Read up on some cooking until I got hungry.  All the rations I'd collected were back at the truck.  So I walk back into town with my new dog trotting alongside, and encounter a giant centipede along the way.  I can't outrun it, so it injects me with poison about a dozen times while I beat it to death with a baseball bat.  Now I'm in trouble.  I resolve to get to the truck, drive far away, and then collapse somewhere remote.  Dog steps on a landmine and dies.  Zombies start pouring out of everywhere by the dozens.  I barely make it to the truck, thanks to an adrenaline burst.  I drive about a block before I lose control and plow straight on into the side of a building, almost completely destroying it.  I'm able to back out, but about 75% of the tiles on my screen are now zombies.  I'm getting shot by lightning and acid and bile from all directions.  I resign myself to driving in circles until I die, which doesn't take long at all... but I still manage to run over about 75 zombies, according to my final kill count.  So many zombies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:48:36 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2013, 04:15:43 am »

Trucks are noisy as fuck anyway.
My cabbages!

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2013, 07:42:50 am »

Started a new character... and I have to say, this was unexpected...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2013, 07:55:47 am »

whats worse is following an NPC quest at nightand walking straight into a megastore. When the zombies started spawning i was like, "wait, what? why are all these guys here? wait, is that a... oh FUUUUUUUCK"

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2013, 07:59:45 am »

whats worse is following an NPC quest at nightand walking straight into a megastore. When the zombies started spawning i was like, "wait, what? why are all these guys here? wait, is that a... oh FUUUUUUUCK"
Dead Rising: Roguelike edition.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 09, 2013, 08:06:00 am »

:P

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 09, 2013, 08:17:54 am »

:P
The same with the mansions. Resident Evil + Roguelike = :O
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 09, 2013, 10:42:17 am »

I think I found a bug. I picked up a couple of 'Spare Magazines' from some drug runner corpses. The description says they can be loaded with ammo to facilitate faster weapon reloads, however when I wield one and try to 'R'eload it, it says "You cannot reload a spare magazine!"

The only ammos I have on hand atm are .45, but the magazine description says it can handle pretty much any gun type of ammo (pistol, rifle, smg, shotty).
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #284 on: January 09, 2013, 11:08:20 am »

its a gunmod.
apply it to a weapon, and reload then. (twice if it wasn't full)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1086