Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860218 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2013, 02:12:17 pm »

I may tweak foot damage a lot then.  I wear boots as my only footwear, and I can pretty much trample over anything I want.  If it's shorter than 3 foot, I can walk over it!  I'll see about changing things like "if wearing footwear of armor 0, like barefoot or sandles, apply damage.  If armor 1, like sneakers, apply light damage.  If boots, then only spitter goo counts!"

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2013, 02:32:41 pm »

I want to fashion a throne of skulls. Though to be honest that's something I want to do in every game.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2013, 04:07:36 pm »

The only thing I wanted to do in that dark barricaded evac shelter of mine was to get some light!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways, great job, gentlemen!
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:52 pm »

At this point I exited the truck.

EDIT: In the 3 or 4 hours of in-game time I killed 285 zombies, 100% of which are in this horde. Trucks are loud, but powerfull.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:30:23 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »

Trucks are incredible.  If you build them just right you can make a moving bottleneck and get the "fighting through a window" against a whole horde.  Bonus points if you're on meth.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

Yeah, I found this truck five minutes before that picture, and was driving it to a gas station to refuel it. The normal zombie spawns hadn't even started yet, and that horde was massive, a sea of green Z's in ever direction.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »

Yup, you should really consider looking for a jerrycan and getting the hell out of dodge with vehicles like that.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:10 pm »

Do zombies still end up spawning in never ending waves on your first looting run?
And do they still track you out to your shelter(then come in never ending waves after you kill the trackers), even after a night of heavy rainfall?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2013, 07:59:01 pm »

One thing I still can't stand: The arbitrary limit on the amount of things you can have, which happens to include equipped items. Which can easily be about 1/5 of that a-Z limit of slots. Remove this, or something. Dear god it's obnoxious that I can have so much free space yet be unable to pick up a damn pill bottle because all the slots on the item list are taken. I'm just going to find my post from the previous Cat topic and throw it in;

The game would be a million times better. Especially now that the variety of items is so massive.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:01:42 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nadia911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »

Hi folks, is there any way to change the fonts that come with the latest release?

Regards

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2013, 08:58:28 pm »

Spoiler: Woo tents (click to show/hide)

Hi folks, is there any way to change the fonts that come with the latest release?

Regards
Open the fontdata file in your data folder (might need an editor like notepad++ or something) and change 'terminus' to whatever font you want.
My cabbages!

nadia911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »

Thanks Darkling! and font size?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2013, 09:07:04 pm »

It should be changeable from the same file, it'll resize the window to make it fit.
My cabbages!

nadia911

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »

Thanks again Darkling, and thanks for Cataclysm Dark Days release

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:59 pm »

One thing I still can't stand: The arbitrary limit on the amount of things you can have, which happens to include equipped items. Which can easily be about 1/5 of that a-Z limit of slots. Remove this, or something. Dear god it's obnoxious that I can have so much free space yet be unable to pick up a damn pill bottle because all the slots on the item list are taken. I'm just going to find my post from the previous Cat topic and throw it in;

The game would be a million times better. Especially now that the variety of items is so massive.
Most experienced players agree: "The issue isn't that you're limited to 52 items.  The issue is that you think you need 53 items."  Learn to travel lighter, you really don't need about 5/6 of the stuff you end up carrying with you.  This becomes especially true of things like books, "I'll read this Robots for Fun and Profit when I've got enough skill to utilize it!"  No.  Stash it, map mark it, leave it.  Same with most drugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1086