Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859782 times)

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9975 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:49 am »

Well a Jabberwock attacked me in my shelter while I was sleeping, much to my surprise.

Thank god for a good Saiga 12 and chitin armour when you need it.

P.S : where can I find skill books other than randomly in houses/zombies and houses.
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9976 on: February 08, 2014, 06:29:51 am »

books r everywhere.
typically you find beginner books in grocry stores/pharmacy, houses
moderate level books @library skewed towards melee/survival (library) or that stores specialty.
  hard cookbooks can be in houses/scientists, as well as several other challenging books on scientists
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:35:46 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: February 08, 2014, 06:41:00 am »

but new stable version?

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: February 08, 2014, 11:12:34 am »

Been busy for a while and couldn't catch up with CDDA. So as soon as I got the time, I rolled my sleeves up, fired up the experimental version I downloaded in Feb 5, and created a sharpshooting pacifist soldier.

After a few massacres, I now keep getting messages about my teeth being rotten and me pulling them out. On day 3. >.> Any idea what it's about and what it'll do to my char?

As for what I did; I consumed a lot of tobacco chewing gums early on to get a small morale bonus, and "snorted" some low-level meth to run away from some zombie kiddos who got too friendly during Day 2. No exposure to radiation occurred, unless radio towers have some. I didn't get bit either as most of the combat taking place was ranged, save a bite on my right arm from a fat zombie.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:23:51 am by ComputerWarrior »
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:49 am »

but new stable version?
Ot is mosty stable, id keep auto save on and store a few back up saves just im case.

ComputerWarrior, It looks like you have a bad case of meth mouth.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9980 on: February 08, 2014, 12:25:41 pm »

I've had a wierd thing happen. I was trying to craft up some long ropes all the way from thread. Along the way I discovered that crafting can now take stuff loaded in other objects, and so I started draining thread from sewing kits I found in houses. Since I set the item spawn factor to 10.0(holy crap this is a lot of items), I found a house with a decent number of sewing kits in reach.

Using the "Craft as long as possible" to make small strings from the thread, I first use up all the thread I'm carrying, then start autocrafting from everything around me. I crafted for at least three days straight, occasionally passing out from exaustion, but never stopping. When I finally figured out how to stop, I was starving, dehydrated, and noticed there was a bear nomming on my face.

Strangely, I had not taken much damage, and only in the torso, and I have no idea how long the bear was there. I managed to make 227 small strings. The sewing kits in the vicinity had not been emptied, and I doubt that there was 11350 units of thread in that small room. I teleported out via the debug menu, and used the strings(after recovering from starvation/dehydration/sleep deprivation/bear face-nomming) to make some rope. I should, I think, have had some left over, but when I started playing again later, I noticed the strings were all gone.

Also, reverse recurve bows, heavy arrows, and 10+ archery skill. I'm causing zombies, usually the dogs and children though, to explode into gore in single shots. I've even one-shot zombears.

I also built a trike using an engine, alternator, battery, and wheels stripped from a semi truck, and consisting of extra-light frames, except the back which has a standard steel frame and a cargo carrier. I think I need to read a few driving skill books before I take it on the road.

-Nothing fights back and is just killed by the dog.
No to this one. I've seen two pet dogs die. One to a zombear, and I forgot what killed the other, maybe a giant spider.

unless radio towers have some.
During a raid in which I grabbed a geiger counter from a pawn shop(...is that something you can get in a RL pawn shop?), I scanned myself and found I had a single point of radiation. I'm pretty sure I passed by a radio tower on my way in. But I think I picked up some plutonium cells as well, so I'm not sure.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9981 on: February 08, 2014, 12:45:01 pm »

I've had a wierd thing happen. I was trying to craft up some long ropes all the way from thread. Along the way I discovered that crafting can now take stuff loaded in other objects
Yupp. You can use items two or three squares away from yourself, on the ground or in containers, and it's good.
less good to craft for that long though.

I'm currently setting up a base in a public works with all conveniences, have to use the debug mode to remove some walls because using the jackhammer causes some odd results.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9982 on: February 09, 2014, 04:28:04 am »

ComputerWarrior, It looks like you have a bad case of meth mouth.
Drat, I was hoping it would be a hallucination. From now on, only quality bath-tub meth for toothless me.

During a raid in which I grabbed a geiger counter from a pawn shop(...is that something you can get in a RL pawn shop?), I scanned myself and found I had a single point of radiation. I'm pretty sure I passed by a radio tower on my way in. But I think I picked up some plutonium cells as well, so I'm not sure.
Will probably be avoiding radio towers for now then (just in case). Thank you.
Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9983 on: February 09, 2014, 09:54:56 am »

this will probably sounds silly to some but did not know you could make drugs.  i thought the only legit source was bodies.  in fact, I usually grab addictive personality, and the most Ive been addicted  towas nyquil and booze.  although this one time I found a berry . . . :p
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9984 on: February 09, 2014, 10:14:14 am »

So, any way to just never use batteries? I know that certain thing can be attached to vehicles, but fot things like dehidrators and chemistry sets, I don't think it is possible (I've never tried)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9985 on: February 09, 2014, 10:43:01 am »

In one of the experimentals my crafting frame had a chemistry station, forge, and a foodco kitchen which claims it includes a food dehydrator.  So I think those two are covered at least.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9986 on: February 09, 2014, 11:29:53 am »

So, any way to just never use batteries? I know that certain thing can be attached to vehicles, but fot things like dehidrators and chemistry sets, I don't think it is possible (I've never tried)

You can shift the power use to a car, i'd try to find a electric car, there storage battery are massive, and if it has solar panels your golden.

if you cant find then go petrol, theres a lot of car that have working engines and often a bit of fuel left, just there noisy so beware of more zombies.

If your planing on makeing a camp get a small solar or petrol power plant set up.

Road warrior types really need a built in welder just so you can keep on top of damage, you'll still need to cary around loads of tires for the land mines.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9987 on: February 09, 2014, 11:51:49 am »

Unless solar cells and storage cells have been nerfed since the last time I bitched about it, they are hilariously imba.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9988 on: February 09, 2014, 12:45:35 pm »

Make your own batteries.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9989 on: February 09, 2014, 12:54:08 pm »

Craft a rechargable battery mod for your item and a battery charger for your vehicle.

Alternatively, make an atomic battery mod and power your items with plutonium.
Pages: 1 ... 664 665 [666] 667 668 ... 1086