Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859690 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9960 on: February 05, 2014, 12:18:37 pm »

Chests have a limt i think it's 200kg maybe more.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9961 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »

Don't items beyond a certain number still 'spill' out to neighboring tiles? I remember dropping a ton of cloth patches and leather in a single tile and they spread out.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: February 05, 2014, 02:20:02 pm »

They extended the system. I don't think they can overflow tiles anymore. It just starts assigning them AA, BB, CC, and so on and so on ad infinitum.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9963 on: February 05, 2014, 02:37:37 pm »

Aha. I always thought it was interesting having them spill out. I imagined my poor apocalyptic survivor carefully stacking empty plastic bottles in a small space until one bottle too many makes them fall and scatter all over.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9964 on: February 05, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »

It might still spill out from a tile, its just you can't force it to do that like you used to be able to do. If you try to put to much stuff in a tile on purpose it stops you. I assume if you maxed a tile out then killed a zombie on it or something the new stuff would spill all over. Maybe you could throw a rock onto the pile and have it scatter as well.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: February 05, 2014, 06:50:52 pm »

So I decided to try the dog food (on the most recent stable version):

After picking an absurd amount of bushes I found wild veggies. I cooked the recipe, found a dog, and when I activated it it said: "Put down where?" And I put it in front of the dog, causing it to dissapear. Ok, back to picking bushes. Imade another one, and dropped it in the same tile being occupied by the dog, and it became frindly, but it proceeded to run away and kill a cat, a chipmunk, a fox, another dog, and then chase a rat into the woods, that's when I lost him. In the process of following it I found a chrashed helicopter, though.

So, bugs:
-Dog attacks everything.
-Nothing fights back and is just killed by the dog.
-Dog will get absurdly far away to kill something.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:51 pm »

It might still spill out from a tile, its just you can't force it to do that like you used to be able to do. If you try to put to much stuff in a tile on purpose it stops you. I assume if you maxed a tile out then killed a zombie on it or something the new stuff would spill all over. Maybe you could throw a rock onto the pile and have it scatter as well.
If you drag a desk or a locker or some other item collecting furniture around, stuff will start to spill out once you reach its max.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: February 06, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »

So I've been trying my hand at making ammo. I'm torn on it, the opportunity cost is very high but having all the high caliber ammo you need is nice. Biggest drawback is that it takes so many tools to make ammo efficiently (forge, anvil, crucible, swage and die, chemistry kit, kinetic bullet puller) and such high skills and book gated recipes to make ammo that it's easier to just focus on archery.

Interesting side note though, I've been trying to collect copper tubing for FMJ ammo, and apparently you get more copper from smashing refrigerators than you do from disassembling them. Disassembling the refrigerators yields 3 tubes, smashing gives you 4 or 5.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:19 pm »

Yea, not making ammo now.  thx.  Ive picked uo a crossbow and omg.  in love.

How do I take vehicles through forests and swamps?  I think my town  is completely surrounded by it, and ithhampers exploration.  vehicles are things I almost completely ignored. . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: February 06, 2014, 11:22:48 pm »

How do I take vehicles through forests and swamps?  I think my town  is completely surrounded by it, and ithhampers exploration.  vehicles are things I almost completely ignored. . .
Not easily, that's for sure.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9970 on: February 07, 2014, 03:03:03 am »

Consider leaving it and making another. Seems strange to be completely surrounded, I don't think I've ever seen that.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: February 07, 2014, 03:49:40 am »

I took 80 slugs, a remmington, a wood axe, a frying pan, knife, rollmat, lighter, and jerrycan of water into the woods.  can out 3 days later on the other side with a 7 tile wide lane, ~50 extra kills (mostly insect, ant/swamp) and a newfound respect for hostile ai.

then I committed suicide because I figured it was only downhill from there.  A real success story.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:51 am »

Decided to give the quarterstaff a try. Soloed a zombear. I LOVE IT.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9973 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:41 am »

I have been cutting trails in forests recently. I partly blame my using a wood axe for a weapon. Anyway I find a path 2 wider than what you plan to get through is good enough if your careful. It also means near infinite 2x4s if you cut what you fell up. I've been using the stuff as fuel for my fireplace.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: February 07, 2014, 09:16:55 am »

I have been using some splintered wood and all the rotten meat for fuel. All the wildlife seems to hate me for some reason. So far, two bears tried to enter in my shelter.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1086