Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861302 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9630 on: January 03, 2014, 02:23:11 pm »

It should give you an option to pour the contents on the ground after you hit escape...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: January 03, 2014, 02:58:49 pm »

Oh that's a shame, accidentally activated a grenade in my fully stocked LMOE shelter and lost my fully armored, Nodachi-wielding character. Oh well, time to start anew.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: January 03, 2014, 03:17:56 pm »

You didn't accidentally activate a mininuke that an NPC gave you, though.

That left one hell of a scar on the landscape.

The trolliest NPC:

'INTIMIDATE: Give me your stuff or else!'
'Sure thing, there it is'
NPC gives you a mininuke (active) (1)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: January 03, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »

So, is there any workaround to refilling a vehicle component when there's multiple fuel containers on the same tile? As it is, I can only refill one of them, even though the other is clearly empty.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9634 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:55 pm »

Short of removing it and installing it on a different spot, I don't know any.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: January 03, 2014, 06:59:46 pm »

Eh, okay. It's not totally gamebreaking, filling from a fuel pump works.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: January 03, 2014, 09:16:22 pm »

Ugh, had a floating eye spawn on the first day. Wheeeeeeeee, teleglow!

Edit: I do have to say, I like the warning on foods that spoil. Makes focusing on eating the short-lived foods early on easier. Also, how long does the shakes from teleglow last? It's been over a day now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:28:46 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9637 on: January 04, 2014, 01:43:10 pm »

I think its like influenza, lasts for about a week
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: January 04, 2014, 05:54:31 pm »

I've got to the point where I can reliably kill swarms of zombies in melee without any obstacles to stop them. Feels good. Zombears too, though they sometimes get a couple of hits through.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: January 05, 2014, 01:05:18 pm »

Higher end weapons help a lot. Any melee weapon that requires a forge and anvil holds up well against the horde. We probably need a weapon repair mechanic to offset this (which is probably on the list of things to add), but for the most part manufactured weapons are ideal.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: January 05, 2014, 01:41:56 pm »

Higher end weapons help a lot. Any melee weapon that requires a forge and anvil holds up well against the horde. We probably need a weapon repair mechanic to offset this (which is probably on the list of things to add), but for the most part manufactured weapons are ideal.
Nailbat is my favourite weapon and nothing can convince me otherwise. Well, unless I happen to find a mace or some other, faster weapon that is good is bashing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: January 05, 2014, 02:01:42 pm »

Ironshod Quarterstaff holds up really well. A little slower, but it has the ["rapid"] tag in the json which makes it better for prolonged battles and is pure bashing so it won't get stuck. Tends to trigger stun crits more often as well. Pretty much any forged sword is good as well, rapier, broadsword, katana, wazikashi, zweihander, and even the machete (though it gets stuck a lot). If you can handle the weight, the heavier bashing weapons like morningstars and maces do great damage.

I tried a Lajatang. First swing killed a zombie, got my weapon stuck in the zombie, and it vanished. Improvised cutting weapons... kinda suck.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:04:11 pm by Grendus »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:37 pm »

My game seems to be settling into a bit of a cycle. I can go out into town on my repaired motorbike, scavenge supplies from some houses and shops, then drive back and cook up some food for the next day. I'm going to be setting a new target though, since I found the library on my last run, as well as another gun store. I got some books on mechanics, construction, and other project-related skills.

Any suggestions on what to do? I have little to worry about from resource shortages, since I have forest on every side. The only barriers so far are skill (which will soon be remedied), and tools (which I'm constantly searching for and finding).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:47:55 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: January 05, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »

See if you can find some books on fabrication. Considering you're stuck with a nailbat still. Managing to get an actually good melee weapon will go a hell of a ways whenever you run into something actually dangerous.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9644 on: January 05, 2014, 11:13:52 pm »

It sounds like he might just prefer it but if not then yeah more fabrication is always a nice thing. Anyway for things to do there are a number and I will suggest two which take time but can be quite worth it. If you like to live in one area then of course there is base building. Dissembling furniture is a decent way of getting the wood and nails you need for this task. Another task is car creation. With all the cool stuff you can do with vehicles you can make some really awesome creations. This is a good option if you like moving around as you can make a mobile base. Then again, even if you like staying in one place its a good second thing to go for. With a fast enough vehicle and some driving skill you go far and wide while still being able to return to your base in a less tedious fashion.
   Also I have a tip for clearing a house such as after you dissemble all the furniture or whatnot. You can pull around furniture and stuff like a locker will actually pick up whatever it is dragged over that was on the ground. It makes it really easy to move even high volume items.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1086