Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861311 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9615 on: January 02, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »

Haters gonna hate.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: January 02, 2014, 01:57:25 pm »

I dont hate it, its just not as good for newbies.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: January 02, 2014, 02:40:31 pm »

I'm planning on starting the release process next week, which means marking bugs as release blockers, then working on knocking out bugs until it's stable enough, that process has grown to take about two weeks, so as a VERY loose estimate the weekend of the 18th.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9618 on: January 02, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

Thats cool. Its always nice to have a new full release as there are some people who seem to only play stable releases. I guess if your going to have the same world over and over stable sounds like a nice version to use.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: January 02, 2014, 03:29:36 pm »

For bottle, either (w)ield the bottle, or go from the (i)nventory menu, then (U)nload it.

For pumps, (e)xamine it. With both, you then exit from the menu of containers to put it in(spacebar or escape) and you'll be asked whether or not you want to pour it on the ground. You cannot pick it back up ever, though.

PRE-EDIT: Or I get attacked by ninjas.

don't work...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9620 on: January 02, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »

Yeah, activating the pump doesn't seem to work, but filling a bottle with the pump, then Unloading the bottle does.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: January 02, 2014, 08:29:45 pm »

Is it just me, or do enemies seem to be attacking your head much more commonly? I've had zombie dogs that literally hit nothing but my head. Seems odd to me.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: January 02, 2014, 09:18:18 pm »

That does SEEM to happen a lot to me aswell but at the same time I am wondering if it is actually because your lower body also tends to be better armored.
Also I'm not sure how combat calculations work but between having eyes, mouth and head all as separate areas that can be attacked I wonder if they make it more likely to take damage there.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: January 02, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »

Also I'm not sure how combat calculations work but between having eyes, mouth and head all as separate areas that can be attacked I wonder if they make it more likely to take damage there.
Even additively that should add up to a lower chance of being hit there, since the game uses a weighted list to determine what body part is hit.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: January 02, 2014, 10:35:14 pm »

It's probably just my imagination. I usually take the Glass Jaw trait, so it's possible that it's the extra damage that I'm seeing. I've just had games where one skeleton dog killed me in three rounds by repeatedly attacking my head which seemed weird to me.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: January 03, 2014, 05:48:44 am »

Yeah, activating the pump doesn't seem to work, but filling a bottle with the pump, then Unloading the bottle does.

no, don't work

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: January 03, 2014, 12:31:58 pm »

no, don't work

What exactly are you trying to do? Because filling a bottle with gas from a pump, wielding it, and then Unloading the bottle onto the ground works for me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: January 03, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »

So, how do you drop only certain amounts of an item again? I don't want my UPS to have all of the batteries.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: January 03, 2014, 12:53:43 pm »

So, how do you drop only certain amounts of an item again? I don't want my UPS to have all of the batteries.

d-(item's letter)-(number of items to drop)-(item's letter again).

E:

So, say your batteries are under 'a' and you want to drop 100:

Press d to open drop menu
Press a to highlight the batteries
Type 100
Press a again
Enter to confirm.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: January 03, 2014, 12:54:29 pm »

no, don't work

What exactly are you trying to do? Because filling a bottle with gas from a pump, wielding it, and then Unloading the bottle onto the ground works for me.

if i unload a bottle the game ask for a item to fill...i click escape and the bottle is still full....don't unload on the ground
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1086