Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862007 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8355 on: October 23, 2013, 06:03:40 pm »

The Toxic Waste Sarcophagus is the cHaOs plane of Cataclysm yeah, extremely radioactive.

You can always raise the spawn density level of via options.

If you're responding to me, the problem isn't that there aren't enough monsters, it's that there are areas where there aren't any. Think about it, the only reason to go into a waste treatment facility is to get sewage samples for the Slime mutagen (which, btw, sucks. I drank 20 or so and never got the robust genetics mutation). I'm fairly sure that only a few rooms in the science labs spawn enemies. Density isn't the problem, in these cases nothing spawns.
Er....couldn't you just START with Robust Genetics??? Seems pointless to go through all that trouble for something selectable at start...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: October 23, 2013, 06:27:24 pm »

Starting points are precious. Getting mutations in game is far more efficient. If horribly hit and miss and luck based.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8357 on: October 23, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »

That's what the debug menu's for.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8358 on: October 23, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »

it went from normal to black in literally one turn. Kinda useless to me then,
It's useful to wear while you're normal-exploring; instead of needing to carry a geiger counter around, a quick look at the badge tells you if you've stumbled into a place you don't want to be.

Starting points are precious. Getting mutations in game is far more efficient. If horribly hit and miss and luck based.
If one intends to mutate at all, robust genetics are points well-spent.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: October 23, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »

After doing a stupid and breaking all of the computers on the first floor of a lab i decided i would molotov my way to the bionics i wanted and then extinguish the flames. It wasn't exactly my best idea since ohgodshitfirespreadsfuck but i got the CBMs (albeit badly burned CBMs). It was crude, but effective.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: October 23, 2013, 08:20:38 pm »

Flaming eyes still bug the everloving heck out of me. The damn thing looked at me once, once and then sure enough, a little bit later I see:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bah.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: October 24, 2013, 01:04:53 am »

If you are playing in the experimental you can either start raiding labs/military places to try to get your hands on some fungicide, or you can kill some Fungal Fighter triffids and make your own.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: October 24, 2013, 02:08:45 am »

Is there any plan to move monsters to the .json soon? Sinc eitems and recipes went in, we see tons of new content, but few monster (the swimmers and fungal fighter are the only 2 I noticed, plus some wildlife).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: October 24, 2013, 02:39:03 am »

I was actually planning to make a new zombie type based on the Burer from STALKER. Having enemies in a .json file would really help.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8364 on: October 24, 2013, 02:44:24 am »

Is there any plan to move monsters to the .json soon? Sinc eitems and recipes went in, we see tons of new content, but few monster (the swimmers and fungal fighter are the only 2 I noticed, plus some wildlife).
They are already in the jsons in the experimental version. :P (And have been that way for a while now).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: October 24, 2013, 02:45:50 am »

Damn you Cataclysm, improving faster than I can complain!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: October 24, 2013, 07:41:52 am »

Damn it, now I wish I knew how to edit json files. What program do I need to edit them on windows?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: October 24, 2013, 07:56:02 am »

I'd suggest Notepad++so you they are ordered.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: October 24, 2013, 08:00:46 am »

Wordpad works as well (so does notepad but it can mess up spacings and tabs and not come out very well) if you don't want to install any new software but notepad++ I would highly recommend to everyone

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: October 24, 2013, 08:02:21 am »

So what's new in the experimental versions?
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1086