Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862685 times)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8130 on: October 18, 2013, 10:15:05 am »

When I cook things like soups and I use water instead of clean water, does the end result have clean water since I cooked it? Or will I get chance of being poisoned?
Feeling down? Click Here!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: October 18, 2013, 10:24:11 am »

running another character, he got bit by a zombie.
To test the effect of letting the wound alone, i didn't even tried to treat it.

On day 2 of the game, i noticed on the bottom my character had "famished" and "parched"
And a message telling me "4 days... no water.." was regularly displayed ... on day 2 !

And oddly, i had several bottles, a source of water nearby and enough shrub to set fire to it to convert them into clean water.

And despite drinking a dozen of clean water bottles, my character was still "parched" and the "4 days... no water.." ?
I looked on the @ menu and only noticed an infected wound and pain, no indication of anything that make my character insanely and unnaturally (a dozen of water bottles ! one would explode drinking that much) dying from lack of water
Drinking a dozen of bottles

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

My character died from heat, apparently, making her sweat ALL of the water out of her body in the span of 2 minutes.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: October 18, 2013, 10:32:12 am »

@guitarxe: it doesnt matter. its clean either way. good question. we should probably add something like this to the interface. might be a good idea to make a suggestion so its more obvious.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:15 am »

@girlinhat: can you explain? is this new? were you next to a fire? I am not familiar with this mechanic. this would be annoying if its just random and if its just 'its hot outside' id post a suggestion or bug to give you better indicators.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: October 18, 2013, 10:38:21 am »

I had lit a building on fire to harvest the rebar, and moved a few tiles away to sit in the front seat of my vehicle.  So I Waited, and then died of dehydration, with my heat indicator up towards the 'boiling' end of the spectrum.

And seriously.  It stops actions when you get pain from food poisoning, but doesn't bother you if a moose is gnawing on your skull...

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:37 am »

I am disappointed that smashing webs in forests does not drop silk or cotton or something  :(

And that it ultimately did not lead to some kind of spider's nest or something.

Edit:
Also - Can it be made so that when you fire ranged weapons, the first target that it automatically picks is the closest one, rather than something random as it seems to be doing now?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:34:40 am by guitarxe »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8137 on: October 18, 2013, 11:37:40 am »

Hmm, what would be done with silk, for example?  Aside from VERY nice clothing...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: October 18, 2013, 12:09:10 pm »

Hmm, what would be done with silk, for example?  Aside from VERY nice clothing...

Good ol' 6 inch string comes to mind as a possible drop.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8139 on: October 18, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »

Also - Can it be made so that when you fire ranged weapons, the first target that it automatically picks is the closest one, rather than something random as it seems to be doing now?
I think it targets the first one you saw/came in range.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: October 18, 2013, 12:14:47 pm »

I'd prefer if it targeted the closest hostile enemy by default. I rarely want to shoot a squirrel when a zombie is nearby, after all.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8141 on: October 18, 2013, 12:22:03 pm »

It might be related to the 'target locking' phenomenon we have now- if it targets closest we'd be constantly switching between the zombie that's been damaged and his buddy who is the same distance away & keeps trading the 'closest' flag with him.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: October 18, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »

It might be related to the 'target locking' phenomenon we have now- if it targets closest we'd be constantly switching between the zombie that's been damaged and his buddy who is the same distance away & keeps trading the 'closest' flag with him.

Well, a combination would be best. If you don't have a current target, go for the closest hostile. If you already have a target, keep the focus on that target. Obviously, if the player changes the focus manually it switches to whatever the player shot last (assuming it's still up).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: October 18, 2013, 12:37:14 pm »

Silk could be used to make strings or threads. Since that's not too much use, maybe instead drop something sticky from the webs, or make them useble in crafts that require sticky material like superglue?

Or you know, make a set of clothing that requires very high levels of tailoring and lots of silk, which is super strong and durable (like real spider silk).

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8144 on: October 18, 2013, 12:50:27 pm »

Well, a combination would be best. If you don't have a current target, go for the closest hostile. If you already have a target, keep the focus on that target. Obviously, if the player changes the focus manually it switches to whatever the player shot last (assuming it's still up).

The thing is, I think it determines target as soon as one comes in range, instead of when you first (f)ire.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1086