Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859634 times)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The public has spoken, city size option is happening, almost certainly some time this weekend.
This will range from "effectively no cities", to "effectively only cities".
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I remember the one city I got back way back when.  It had a 3-wide highway, so large the middle tiles were trees and parks.  This was before vehicles spawned on the road, and they only spawned on parking lots, so I got a motorcycle and had tons of fun riding the streets...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

You know. I've been thinking. What if your skill in a fire arm(Specific or not) affected your maximum range?

It shouldn't(imo) be possible for a newbie in rifles to be able to pick one up and shoot as far as someone with years(or days in this case) of training.

It may be a separation of fun and realism, but then again this is me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
FTFY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

Hell Yeah! I took an extended break from playing Cataclysm for reasons of me not being good at it, but I definitely will try that out.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

The public has spoken, city size option is happening, almost certainly some time this weekend.
This will range from "effectively no cities", to "effectively only cities".
Huzzah! The hyper-responsive development on this project is one of its many strengths. I can't wait to wall off the streets in an ever expanding fortress.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Finally my modified military recruit(-100 points because reasons) can go and survive with his USP with two mags and not die.. hopefully...

Maybe.

Probably.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

You know. I've been thinking. What if your skill in a fire arm(Specific or not) affected your maximum range?

It shouldn't(imo) be possible for a newbie in rifles to be able to pick one up and shoot as far as someone with years(or days in this case) of training.

This is represented by accuracy.  At low skill, you can attempt the shots, but your accuracy is so poor that it's a bad idea.  Your actual skill doesn't change how the bullets fly, but it does change where they fly.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From a realism perspective: I don't think you can be "good" at gunpowder. It's kind of a silly idea. Skill doesn't effect the force of the bullet leaving the barrel.
From a gameplay perspective I fail to see any benefit from doing it this way either.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, to put it plainly... that's not how guns work. Spending a couple years at a firing range won't make you able to psychically propel a bullet farther. As Girlinhat said, this is already dealt with in the way pretty much every game with guns and gun skills deals with it: increased skill makes it more likely for the bullet to go where you are trying to hit. Don't fix what ain't broke and all that jazz.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

That's an idea for a new mutation/bionics , something like a "psychically enhanced missiles" that allow to increase the range of every bullets/arrows/rockets/stone etc... you're shooting/throwing
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:48:31 pm by Robsoie »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's an idea for a new mutation/bionics , something like a "psychally enhanced missiles" that allow to increase the range of every bullets/arrows/rockets/stone etc... you're shooting/throwing
There is already a railgun bionic that does that for throwing metal objects.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Besides, GlyphGryph really does not like the idea of psychics in Cataclysm.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile

I would play an endless megacity Cataclysm, reclaiming the world block by bloody block.
Hell yes. Want.
this!
ALL MY YES. But I'd just play it with classic zombies.
I would play it with all the Zombie family. Because I could jump from roof to roof while dodging lightning strikes. or push a tank zed down into the abyss with a well-placed shove.
For the longest time, I've wanted to play a game wherein a zambie-devastated civilization rebuilt towns on the roofs of buildings, collapsing the stairs and stuff to prevent zambie-incursion.  They would build scrap-bridges between each rooftop, and in zambie-emergencies you could pull back bridges and stuff.

Also, megacities sound bloody nightmarish.  I can't even get into a little ol' regular town now, there're so many zeds stomping around, and even at night when I'm not breakin' windows the horde's on my tail like snap.

Naze konna hentekorin no mono ni nattenno? Aho ka?
I digress, but man, this thread was not where I expected to feel bad about how terrible I am at moon language for how long I've been taking classes in it.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1086