Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859551 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I would like a mega city. It'd make the zombies more threatening as you'd have to zombie proof your safe house and make sure not to bring any back and all this other malarkey that you do in this situation instead of just holing up in The woods and eating beans and squirrel meat.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

I would play an endless megacity Cataclysm, reclaiming the world block by bloody block.
Hell yes. Want.
this!
ALL MY YES. But I'd just play it with classic zombies.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I would play an endless megacity Cataclysm, reclaiming the world block by bloody block.
Hell yes. Want.
this!
I would play it with all the Zombie family. Because I could jump from roof to roof while dodging lightning strikes. or push a tank zed down into the abyss with a well-placed shove.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Hell yes. Want.
this!
I would play it with all the Zombie family. Because I could jump from roof to roof while dodging lightning strikes. or push a tank zed down into the abyss with a well-placed shove.
You appear to be confusing Cataclysm with Mirror's Edge.

I am okay with this.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Hell yes. Want.
this!
You appear to be confusing Cataclysm with Mirror's Edge.

I am okay with this.
You clever...
Quite.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

HOLY SHIT. Since when do drug-bearing corpses carrying fusion blaster cbms?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Drug corpses actually quite frequently have blaster arms.

I just find it interesting how much people REALLY WANT megacities, and how this wasn't added before!  I mean, as long as I've followed the game, everyone has been like "Yeah I found this one big city, it was fantastic, I loved that world." and every game seems to be a silent prayer "Please let this one have a metropolis..."

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There actually was a complete rewrite of the map gen system, with big megacities supported, and it was looking super great... and then the person who was working on it got distracted and went to do something else and it never happened. T_T

The map gen code isn't the most fun code in the application, so there's been no one willing to pick up the torch since then.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

It would be fantastic if there was somehow a world type that takes place entirely inside an endless city.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I would go around with full power armor yelling "I AM THE LAW!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I'd actually try my 'Barricade a gun shop and or any shop' and survive that way, but as it is now, barring some really good mod, it doesn't seem possible.

In other words, I would love a megacity generation type

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

I was working on a mapgen rewrite a long while back. It was to make it so that an overmap coordinate could have multiple tiles stacked up- so you could have a science lab that ants had tunneled into and left crap laying all over, or a forest that had fungus growing all over it, etc. It would've changed the map extras to map tiles, it would've changed it so that almost all of the wilderness would have been forest, except for the area right around cities, it would've added brooks and game trails, etc, etc. I hadn't planned on changing cities much, though.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I would like a mega city. It'd make the zombies more threatening as you'd have to zombie proof your safe house and make sure not to bring any back and all this other malarkey that you do in this situation instead of just holing up in The woods and eating beans and squirrel meat.
I used to think cataclysm was that kind of game from the impression I got from the forums. One where zombies persistently chased you, and marauding monsters disturbed the peace.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

.."Used to"?

It still is :v

We're just debating on future discussions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I have to ask: since the guy locks the thread every time he updates it: what's with this "Cataclysm: Metal Gear Zombie" thing? What are the differences with the DDA branch?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 377 378 [379] 380 381 ... 1086