Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859536 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Dammit Iceblaster! Now we are going to be discussing why we pick your topics for discussion for 2-3 pages! :P
* GalenEvil not being serious right now >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Its probably just that you miss how it happens to a lot of posts that suggests new stuff. I must admit most of the posts I have on this thread are responses to stuff rather then new thoughts on something. Since you pop in every once in a while...   I just realized I was proving GalenEvil's joke to be true, anyway back to doing so...   I assume you are not following the thread post by post but rather coming in occasionally when you have a thought you want to communicate. I personally have it setup so when a thread I follow gets a new reply I get an email and if its something I am semi involved with I tend to respond. There is it in a nutshell really, you suggest while most people respond and its easier to respond to a suggestion rather then just keep a response chain going.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Its probably just that you miss how it happens to a lot of posts that suggests new stuff. I must admit most of the posts I have on this thread are responses to stuff rather then new thoughts on something. Since you pop in every once in a while...   I just realized I was proving GalenEvil's joke to be true, anyway back to doing so...   I assume you are not following the thread post by post but rather coming in occasionally when you have a thought you want to communicate. I personally have it setup so when a thread I follow gets a new reply I get an email and if its something I am semi involved with I tend to respond. There is it in a nutshell really, you suggest while most people respond and its easier to respond to a suggestion rather then just keep a response chain going.

Ah.

I assume you are not following the thread post by post

Well... I look over everything I missed before posting, just to make sure I'm not restating something that's been stated before.

Anyway, I am off to go more stuff... maybe play around with the JSON files to make startup easier for me(as in getting through the first day) because I am terrible, and rather than improving I'm going ot mod to make it easier! Just like my war trainable chickens in Dwarf Fortress :P

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

When you're in pain, you suddenly realize that taking the Highly Addictive trait was a bad thing.

Being Hooked on Aspirin and not finding any...that's how the world is going to be uh...

Post Scriptum: Road Maps are awesome.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

When you're in pain, you suddenly realize that taking the Highly Addictive trait was a bad thing.

Being Hooked on Aspirin and not finding any...that's how the world is going to be uh...

Post Scriptum: Road Maps are awesome.
At least most of these withdrawals won't kill you anymore in the dev version. Before the fix addictions became definite "or elses", where if you weren't able to acquire whatever you needed it was a guaranteed death (and was the reason why all prostitute professions would usually die in the first few days).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

A week after they merge it into the mainline I think. That will give us enough time to do some bug-fixing over the rest of the code before releasing 0.8
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Cool. It's good to see some progress.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

IT'll actually be released earlier than that, in the experimental builds, but then you should expect some bugs.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IT'll actually be released earlier than that, in the experimental builds, but then you should expect some bugs.

Just to double check, the experimental builds are daily builds right? Or is there something I'm missing...

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Experimental Builds are approx 10 minutes after the last merge is added :D

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Can you guys let us know when you merge? Maybe make a little post or something?

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Yeah! Soon as I have a link to it available for Linux/Windows/Mac I'll put it up :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

This is a post by a known bandodger and troll. Please do not respond to him in any way. See the first post for further details - if you have any questions or feel something is unexplained, please PM GlyphGryph and he will try to answer you and add needed information to that post.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I go out to the gas station to get a plastic bottle o' gas for a welder.

THEN I HIT A FRAME OF A CAR.

Cata freezes when my speed inexplicably goes to 97XXX(forget the exact number)

Glitch?

EDIT: Then debug blows me up. Good thing I clicked the red X before it registered I died. I am not losing that save because of a glitch

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I think collisions are still buggy as all fuck.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 1086