Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859767 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile

Ni!
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I like shrubberies. Perhaps have two, with a little water feature between...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

But not too expensive!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

I would keep the shrubbery blubbery going, but I have a question:

I've heard a lot about some kind of Cthulu-mythos otherworld portal insanity appearing in Cata, but I have never experienced anything of the sort for myself, though I've played through many a character. Closest thing to an alien I've ever found is Mi-go, whom I located in a lab.

How often is this event supposed to occur?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Dunno, but I keep running into them out in the woods. It's really fucking annoying.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Well first off the Mi-Go are Cthulu mithos so you have found some already. As for how rare I have found a portal with mithos type stuff only a couple times so the above ground stuff seems rare to me. There also either is not that much variety or anything beyond a few are extremely rare and/or you need to seek them out in places I can't go.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

IIRC you can also find cabins
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. Though that one is mainly intended for NPC quest interaction.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions from somebody new to the game:

1) How do you get a backpack?
2) The only item in my house was a water bottle. Is this normal?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

1) Find one. A sporting goods store or military surplus store is usually a good place to start, but regular houses will have them too. Also, with a bit of supplies and tailoring + survival skill you can kill animals and make a pouch out of their hides which works ok.

2) You generally get very little from the survival shelter. To be honest, a water bottle isn't bad. What you can always get, though, it good stuff from smashing all the lockers and benches. Never underestimate the value of raw materials in making useful things! You can get scrap metal, pipes, nails, boards, and the like all of which are useful. Especially for crafting a decent weapon at the start of the game. All you need extra is a rock, and you can get those outside easily enough.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) Find one. A sporting goods store or military surplus store is usually a good place to start, but regular houses will have them too. Also, with a bit of supplies and tailoring + survival skill you can kill animals and make a pouch out of their hides which works ok.

2) You generally get very little from the survival shelter. To be honest, a water bottle isn't bad. What you can always get, though, it good stuff from smashing all the lockers and benches. Never underestimate the value of raw materials in making useful things! You can get scrap metal, pipes, nails, boards, and the like all of which are useful. Especially for crafting a decent weapon at the start of the game. All you need extra is a rock, and you can get those outside easily enough.

Thanks.

[Edit]Killed by an electric zombie.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:46:02 pm by Elephant Parade »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Also disassembling the windows gives you sheets, which you can cut into rags and with a sewing kit and some tailoring skill, can use to make clothes.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

You can always start with the backpacker, survivalist, or student professions to start with one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

The what, the what and the what?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy moly those new professions. Dayum!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile

Psssh - professions. Who needs 'em.

Though I must admit, having a backback right off is pretty nice. I usually go with messenger bags because less encumbrance, but you can always keep the pack on until you find better volume-aiding articles.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 1086