Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861097 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4875 on: July 21, 2013, 01:35:37 pm »

no, one item, outside, and you still have smoke problems.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: July 21, 2013, 01:37:10 pm »

no, one item, outside, and you still have smoke problems.
Yes, this is what I have been doing, in pavement, and I get an occasional thick smoke cloud that screws with my torso.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: July 21, 2013, 01:43:21 pm »

I think that'll be less of a problem when Z-levels are in, with smoke being able to rise and such.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: July 21, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »

How are z-levels going?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: July 21, 2013, 03:24:39 pm »

I have a problem in the new version: every time I light a small fire and try to cook, I end up inhaling smoke and coughing about half my torso's health bar (I tend to cook like 3 or 4 chincks of meat at the same time)

I just make a filter mask if I haven't found one or a gask mask yet. Either will prevent this issue.

But hopefully someone gets around to fixing it at some point.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: July 21, 2013, 03:31:06 pm »

At the very least, make higher cooking generate less smoke.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: July 21, 2013, 03:34:59 pm »

I have a problem in the new version: every time I light a small fire and try to cook, I end up inhaling smoke and coughing about half my torso's health bar (I tend to cook like 3 or 4 chincks of meat at the same time)
Light a fire, then stand 2 tile away.  There should be @_4 - with one tile empty between you and the fire.  When crafting, you gather stuff from 2 tiles away, so you have a 5x5 box of items laying on the ground or in shelves to pull from (not vehicle storage).  I've never had a problem with thick smoke 2 tiles away, it always dissipates before it goes that far, and you can still cook perfectly fine.

I've cooked meat over the roar of a burning hospital and not inhaled smoke because I was -just- far enough away.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4882 on: July 21, 2013, 03:49:42 pm »

Not in the latest version, I've had smoke go as far as 5 tiles.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: July 21, 2013, 03:57:06 pm »

Not in the latest version, I've had smoke go as far as 5 tiles.
Smoke, sure, but it's only thick smoke that seems to bother you, and that's not as far-reaching.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: July 21, 2013, 03:58:20 pm »

Light a fire, then stand 2 tile away.  There should be @_4 - with one tile empty between you and the fire.  When crafting, you gather stuff from 2 tiles away, so you have a 5x5 box of items laying on the ground or in shelves to pull from (not vehicle storage).  I've never had a problem with thick smoke 2 tiles away, it always dissipates before it goes that far, and you can still cook perfectly fine.

I've cooked meat over the roar of a burning hospital and not inhaled smoke because I was -just- far enough away.
Thanks! I already made a fireplace, anyway, because by that time I got tired of coughing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: July 21, 2013, 04:22:48 pm »

Thanks! I already made a fireplace, anyway, because by that time I got tired of coughing.
I actually go for an RV Kitchen and solar panels when I can.  You need a few pipes, pot, pan, hose, and tools, and it cooks using electricity as if it were a fire, pot, and pan, letting you prepare most everything, and if you have water tanks on the same vehicle it will use water storage for cooking.

Even as a stationary item, it's incredibly convenient to build a 1x2 vehicle with an RV kitchen and a solar panel+battery!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4886 on: July 21, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »

Nope, even think smoke goes that far.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: July 21, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »

Is there a way I can build a headlight that goes INSIDE the vehicle?

I have a semi truck and I want to read on top of the bed at night, and I've attached a headlight to the inside of the cabin, but I still can't read.

Also, Girlinhat, if I recall your bus-thing had a way to read inside- how did you do that?
I need to put something interesting here.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: July 21, 2013, 05:55:02 pm »

The WARBUS had a RV Kitchen Unit mounted in the rear of the interior, and a headlight installed on the same tile.  This means it faced forwards, and illuminated the whole cabin, allowing me to read and sew without problem.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: July 21, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »

I thought I saw a way to have internal lights... That you build as such.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1086