Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861258 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4680 on: July 16, 2013, 04:42:15 pm »

I'm FAR into the 'sheer joyride' part of the game.  Food stocks are always low, but there's always spiders trailing me that I can harvest.

Right now I'm making a point to flounce around bases and cities, harvesting useful items and just faffing about.  Trying to raise my firearm skills so I can start firing explosive slugs and just moving through a city shooting down everything with exploding bullets.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: July 16, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

Most recently I had a solar powered car plated all over in steel with over 900 pounds of food and water inside and enough parts to make a second car.
Either I'm really building my solar speeders wrong, or that I always forget to add solar panels last, despite the lack of roofs and the abundance of sunny days. :/

Oh right, the experience rust note.

Is it going to be adjusted come the new update?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: July 16, 2013, 07:32:27 pm »

I'm FAR into the 'sheer joyride' part of the game.  Food stocks are always low, but there's always spiders trailing me that I can harvest.

I'm kind of hitting this point as well, for the first time.  I have a good amount of bionics and positive mutations.  Most of my important skills are level 7 or higher.  I've got a working flatbed truck in decent condition loaded up with tons of supplies and a jerrycan full of fuel.  I've just hit the point where I'm leaving my starting region to just wander.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: July 16, 2013, 07:51:41 pm »

It just occured to me that this game needs skateboards.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: July 16, 2013, 07:55:52 pm »

I'm kind of hitting this point as well, for the first time.  I have a good amount of bionics and positive mutations.  Most of my important skills are level 7 or higher.  I've got a working flatbed truck in decent condition loaded up with tons of supplies and a jerrycan full of fuel.  I've just hit the point where I'm leaving my starting region to just wander.
Same. Right now I'm joyriding around on a motorcycle, just scouting the general highways and biways to see what is around. Back at my base/starting shelter that was 5 squares outside of town, I have a truck, 3 solar panels with 2 backups, 3 storage batteries with 3 backups, a kitchen unit, 4 large electric motors I can install to replace the gas one, a Reflex Recurve bow, some spare tires, an interesting yet fundamentally useless set of bionics, namely scent vision, internal furnace, teleport, and solar power. Food and water are now covered with my mobile base, and I'm trying to find a military base to mount some flamethrowers or something on it.

Edit: Not 30 seconds afterwards, I came across a group of dead military. Score 5 LAW rocket launchers, some flamethrowers, and a lot of other stuff.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:05:25 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: July 16, 2013, 09:32:15 pm »

I've found some rocket launchers, too, but just left them where they were.  I don't imagine myself having any use for them.  I can carve through hordes like paper with my bow and rapier.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4686 on: July 16, 2013, 09:36:58 pm »

I've found some rocket launchers, too, but just left them where they were.  I don't imagine myself having any use for them.  I can carve through hordes like paper with my bow and rapier.
Yeah, I get 290 damage headshots. I think archery may need some (a lot) of tuning.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: July 16, 2013, 09:42:51 pm »

I've found some rocket launchers, too, but just left them where they were.  I don't imagine myself having any use for them.
Honestly, they're just fucking fun.  It makes a 5x5 explosion where it hits, which can be useful for breaking through buildings or just applying overkill.  I've got like a dozen saved up that I just keep prepared for a motorcycle fun-run!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: July 16, 2013, 10:16:21 pm »

Yeah, I get 290 damage headshots. I think archery may need some (a lot) of tuning.
I do that from my motorcycle. Get up to 40 MPH. ^ let go of controls. Fire 5 arrows. ^ take control. Drive away.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: July 16, 2013, 10:27:11 pm »

+1 on the rockets being fun to use. I have 6 or 7 from a single bunker I cleared out, that will probably be used on an outpost turret, so I can loot more bunkers.

And to quote another game: "Analysis: harmless wildlife are no match for guided missiles."
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:23 pm »

Question: Do headlights just illuminate towards the front of a vehicle, or is there a way to make directional floodlights that can light up all around a vehicle?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4691 on: July 16, 2013, 11:51:52 pm »

At the moment they only face forward. If you want to light a specific area only lightstrips last a while and if you want infinite light build a couple partial cars with the bare minimum to turn on the head lights and face them every which way.

In other news I an happy because I used some medicine and it was actually used. Its nice not being immortal because I found some first aid kits.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: July 16, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »

Lightstrips last for-freaking-ever.  Like... years.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: July 17, 2013, 12:06:01 am »

Uhm. Flamethrower + slime pit = awesome. Make sure you have a path of retreat...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: July 17, 2013, 12:23:26 am »

At the moment they only face forward. If you want to light a specific area only lightstrips last a while and if you want infinite light build a couple partial cars with the bare minimum to turn on the head lights and face them every which way.

In other news I an happy because I used some medicine and it was actually used. Its nice not being immortal because I found some first aid kits.
Ah. Sadly, I wanted to mount them on my party truck, as driving at night is a pain and i wanted to get 360 degree light. Oh well, the flamethrower will have to suffice.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1086