Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860178 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4215 on: July 09, 2013, 02:57:01 pm »

You can smash out two windows of any evac shelter and have the materials to make a bow. Smash the benches and you'll have plenty of arrow shafts as well, which you can turn into field tipped arrows with 1 rock per 10 shafts

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 09, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »

Does seem odd that you can't get the curtains off a window without breaking the window, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 09, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »

Does seem odd that you can't get the curtains off a window without breaking the window, though.
In the future all windows are quadrple-glazed and the curtains are inbetween the middle panes of glass.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4218 on: July 09, 2013, 04:33:02 pm »

Actually, that sounds rather nice so long as you can keep the bugs and dirt out.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4219 on: July 09, 2013, 05:05:42 pm »

It would be airtight as they are in double pane windows. Its actually really good for insulation to have a pocket of air between a pair of panes with the only problem being if a crack forms or the seal fails the inside of the pains tend to suddenly develop a lot of water condensation on them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 09, 2013, 05:21:56 pm »

Right, so. A newer character came back from a supply run with a mechanics manual and a few bruises, so I popped some codeine, ate, drank, and settled in to read. Over the next few hours, he was so busy reading over that amazing book, that a wound started hurting and became infected. I Pressed All The Keys, to no avail. Couldn't get it cauterized, had no antibiotics. I can say with some certainty that this is the first game where I've read myself to death.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »

Those darn papercuts. Gotta watch out for them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: July 09, 2013, 05:27:22 pm »

Oh, I have a request. Can we get a Semi-Safe mode that only activates during long activities?

I normally go around with Safe Mode off, because it's easier, but it's really annoying (and somewhat deadly) to be doing a longer activity like clearing out a broken window and have the game not update you about danger until you're actually hurt. I've had quite a few times where there were no visible monsters around when I started clearing out a broken window but end up hurt because my guy doesn't care that a zombie is walking up to him until he gets smacked.

I could switch safe mode on and off before each long action, but I tend to forget to do that and it'd be nice to have it automatic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 09, 2013, 05:49:21 pm »

Mansions are pretty lame.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 09, 2013, 05:55:13 pm »

Mansions are pretty lame.

though they're a great source of canned food! and hold the occasional katana but otherwise they're useless

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: July 09, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

I once found a mansion where every room was a dining room. Every single one. Not even a pool.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: July 09, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

Right, so. A newer character came back from a supply run with a mechanics manual and a few bruises, so I popped some codeine, ate, drank, and settled in to read. Over the next few hours, he was so busy reading over that amazing book, that a wound started hurting and became infected. I Pressed All The Keys, to no avail. Couldn't get it cauterized, had no antibiotics. I can say with some certainty that this is the first game where I've read myself to death.
Next time watch out for the Read Alert.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: July 09, 2013, 06:13:40 pm »

In Cataclysm, rich people are so horribly decadent they have mansions for specific purposes. There's one where they just play pool, there's one where they just swim a lot, and there's one where they drive over to eat at. How do they feed without a kitchen? Well, they obviously get the food from the mansion they have that's just kitchens.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: July 09, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »

Oh, I have a request. Can we get a Semi-Safe mode that only activates during long activities?

I normally go around with Safe Mode off, because it's easier, but it's really annoying (and somewhat deadly) to be doing a longer activity like clearing out a broken window and have the game not update you about danger until you're actually hurt. I've had quite a few times where there were no visible monsters around when I started clearing out a broken window but end up hurt because my guy doesn't care that a zombie is walking up to him until he gets smacked.

I could switch safe mode on and off before each long action, but I tend to forget to do that and it'd be nice to have it automatic.
I very frequently have issues while crafting or reading, that I'll kill an enemy by counter-attack before the game ever alerts me that I'm in danger.  There's REAL issues with trying to complete lengthy activities when there might ever be a zombie nearby maybe.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: July 09, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

Explosive shotgun slugs. I think I'm in love.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1086