Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860795 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3780 on: July 01, 2013, 09:38:01 pm »

The Big Book of First Aid just saved my life!  Because I dropped it behind me and lit it on fire to stop a skeleton that was chasing my gun based character.

A pity too, because I hadn't read it yet (this character is very new, I had nothing else to light).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #3781 on: July 01, 2013, 11:52:53 pm »

Whatever happened to megastores? Were they removed, or are they bugged?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #3782 on: July 02, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

Because of all of the new building types the likelihood of Megastores appearing has dwindled. It will hopefully be fixed soon to a weighted system similar to how monster groups are organized. I don't know how likely they will be to spawn even in that system, but hopefully the odds will be skewed slightly in their favor.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: July 02, 2013, 12:35:36 am »

Id like to see megastores produced less but be bigger versions of smaller stores, think realworld u got at least in australia bunnings hardware ( bigbox) , u got cotsco ( groceries and other produce type goods) u got large sporting stores perhaps they could have a big range of leftover general items

Smaller specailsed stores ruins whatever could have higher quality goods or harder to find loot drops

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #3784 on: July 02, 2013, 12:45:23 am »

Id like to see megastores produced less but be bigger versions of smaller stores, think realworld u got at least in australia bunnings hardware ( bigbox) , u got cotsco ( groceries and other produce type goods) u got large sporting stores perhaps they could have a big range of leftover general items

Smaller specailsed stores ruins whatever could have higher quality goods or harder to find loot drops

I can definitely see there being more flavors of Megastore to distinguish between catch-alls like the current Megastore which is sorta 4 randomish stores packed into one and the more themed stores such as the ones you mention. That would be hella nifty :D
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: July 02, 2013, 12:54:17 am »

Yep. Cant wait to see a line of lawnmowers waiting for sale.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: July 02, 2013, 12:59:22 am »

And bikes and hardware sections and sports section, oh my!

I hope that buildings bigger than 3x3 can be implemented. Like, 5x5 or 7x7. 3x3 is a bit too small for a real megastore, it's more of a supermarket.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #3787 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:23 am »

And bikes and hardware sections and sports section, oh my!

I hope that buildings bigger than 3x3 can be implemented. Like, 5x5 or 7x7. 3x3 is a bit too small for a real megastore, it's more of a supermarket.

I agree on the size. If we call the size of each tile to be 1m^2 then a single overmap tile is 24m x 24m. Which in turn makes a 3x3 only 72x72m. Kinda small for only a single level "Large" building.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: July 02, 2013, 01:11:38 am »

i've yet to even try cars. how are they like?
anyone got a good way to get water in the wilderness without using a funnel or houses or rivers
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:16:53 am by SharpKris »

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:33 am »

Treat your car with care and love and it'll be the best thing to ever happen to you.

Treat your car poorly and it'll launch you through the windshield at Mach 2 directly into a Fungal Spire.

Personally, I think getting a deathmobile up and running is one of the most rewarding things in the game, but it requires serious time commitments to get the skills and materials needed.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #3790 on: July 02, 2013, 01:16:52 am »

I don't use cars either :P Then again I haven't played much since I started working on my latest mysterious projects hehe. Last time I used a car it was a motorcycle. Lost control right as I was getting ready to park it next to a gas station and got myself asploded in a nice fireball. Good times...

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: July 02, 2013, 01:44:11 am »

Found out that if you try to cheat, you may die.

And that deathmobile was coming along nicely too...
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:24 am »

I've been driving a motorcycle as well. Word of warning: make sure you have decent perception while driving. As in, above zero. I made the mistake of driving over a trapped area in a motorcycle, wearing a gas mask and riot helmet... a tire blew out from a nailed board, I stepped off and immediately set off a shotgun trap. In whatever storage the vehicle has, I'd keep spare tires, gasoline, a jack, wrench, hammer, lumps of steel, welder, welding goggles, batteries, and food/water. It's a tall order, but it sucks to be marooned with no way of repairing your vehicle.

It's hilarious to see nasty enemies get pulped at high speed off vehicles (so long as you install armor plating) and it makes travelling around soooo much more convenient. I like motorcycles, because they're maneuverable and can fit in tight spaces, but will still obliterate almost anything you hit at high speed.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: July 02, 2013, 02:09:24 am »

There I was, luring some zombies from an apartment tower to a good window position, fuckin em up with a hammer, when

*BAMBAM*

My heart stopped and I took the earplugs out of my ears. I need to eat something to calm down. fuck me.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: July 02, 2013, 03:04:35 am »

I like to find a car in decent shape, take EVERYTHING off it, and then rebuild it into a much smaller, compact vehicle, with absolutely no wasted space.  That way there is no extra space, it can maneuver into the tightest spaces with ease, has good acceleration, and I can can park it by the woods and live out of it for as long as I want. 
My most efficient design was three tiles wide I think, with spiked plating on the front, controls and wheels right before that, then the bed, a trunk, and back wheels.   had a problem with wolfs waking me, but them gnawing on my face always woke me up in time to put an arrow in their face.  There was one problem with it that caused me to abandon it, but I can't remember what it was.  Been a while since I've done a heavily customized vehicle (The sheer amounts of batteries it takes.)
On that note, are we ever going to be able to have some sort of rechargeable battery? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 1086