Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864693 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3045 on: May 26, 2013, 11:37:23 am »

Even barter is pretty useless: almost everything you should want can be found after a few days scavenging.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 26, 2013, 11:50:17 am »

Hopefully it'll change once factions standing are done. The one thing you can't scavenge is NPCs to help you (althoug turrets come pretty close).

Another question: if you have activated turrets on a vehicles, will they continue shooting if you get out of the vehicle?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 26, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »

Another question: if you have activated turrets on a vehicles, will they continue shooting if you get out of the vehicle?

Yes, they will. At least so long as you are around somewhere. I played around putting a flamethrower turret on my 'spotlight' vehicle, the ol' frame/seat/headlight deal for artificial lighting and it will happily incinerate wolves or anything that comes within range even if you are sleeping someplace else.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #3048 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:50 pm »

Woo, hadn't even thought of building a stationary vehicle for the sake of a turret.

Does it require controls as well as a seat? Also, does it need an engine?

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 26, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »

Woo, hadn't even thought of building a stationary vehicle for the sake of a turret.

Does it require controls as well as a seat? Also, does it need an engine?

Still needs controls, doesn't need an engine. It does need a fuel tank for a flamethrower though, at least how I was making them, I didn't think to drop jerry cans on the turret to see if that'd work.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3050 on: May 26, 2013, 01:43:49 pm »

Finally found the 'static spawn' control in the options. Before I was having an awful time of it just getting a backpack or a mailbag to start myself off.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 26, 2013, 03:16:28 pm »

Neato. Makeshift flamethrowers are easier to make than turrets, don't risk misinstalling and shooting you in the face too. :) I kinda like the idea of adding turrets to my death RV, parking in the center of town, throwing a noise emitter by the window, and going for a good night of sleep, with a cleared town in the morning.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 26, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »

2easy. Mounting turrets should require tracking units to work.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 26, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

Surely that'd be already part of the turret anyway?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3054 on: May 26, 2013, 05:39:24 pm »

yeah these seem to be set and forget type of system where its a all in one package. Advanced mil tech type of stuff.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3055 on: May 26, 2013, 09:37:03 pm »

So what is powering the computer system that is targeting and firing the weapon? Does it run on battery?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3056 on: May 26, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Sorta, it actually contains what could be described as a nuclear battery. Like the one in this article but slightly bigger so as to provide the needed energy. It has a few of them in strategic points so there isn't just one point of failure and no one can just snip the power cord to shut it off. You might turn off the ability to turn but it will still be able to shoot, albeit only straight ahead.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:59:04 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 26, 2013, 10:10:08 pm »

Well, I've been slowly punching shockers and whatnot to death through the window. I'm getting in pretty bad shake. I've got a few deep bites, but I found a first aid and I've cleaned the wound. I'm slowly clearing a path to a alcohol store with a bar behind it. I need the bandages, for the ones I'm finding have run out on me and I need my First Aids for the various deep bites I keep getting because of my SHIRTLESS GENOCIDE. I'm currently at around twenty pain, but I'm checking bathrooms. I found some oxycotone the last time I played, right before I saved. That should help me for a bit.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3058 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:19 pm »

Be a man and take care of your bite wounds by heating up a sharp piece of metal into the wound once you find some of that good stuff.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 27, 2013, 01:35:29 am »

If you get a bite wound, just type in a, d, 3 and you'll be good to go.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1086