Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864619 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3000 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »

Longbow is not terribly useful for anything beyond dealing with basic zombies and a few of the weaker variants. The arrows just bounce off of things like fungaloids...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3001 on: May 24, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »

Its not highest tier type equipment but the ability to have ranged combat from the very start is a major power boost. Yes you can't kill the better special zombies but with a bow you can kill a normal one without taking damage. Then again the same is true for a decent melee weapon and a broken window so I don't see what people complain about. Also Spiders and Skeletons, nough said.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: May 24, 2013, 06:48:17 pm »

Yeah, also the range is pretty abysmal.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3003 on: May 24, 2013, 07:14:08 pm »

yeah, jesus... just tried to longbow a wolf spider. it does not work well.

Had to whip out a wrench and bash its face.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »

Fire is my solution to spiders. Their webs burn awful pretty.

(In real life, I'm nice and I pick them up and put them out the window)

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: May 24, 2013, 07:36:36 pm »

I stepped out of the semi and didn't take damage either.
But wouldn't it be so much more hilarious if you had disembarked and exploded into gibs?

Been fooling around with the newest version a little, even though it tanks noticably slower. Its cool that string is much easier to come by, a bow is a more viable weapon to get early on like it should be, although I do think it is a bit overpowered :P

I know, I really was expecting to step outside and be instantly vaporized.

Also, noticed in the github logs, they got rid of the vehicle animations! Now it won't feel like you are in slow-motion 'bullet-time' when you are driving at 120 kph! It should be on the latest nightly build, I'm gonna download it tonight.

Fire is my solution to spiders. Their webs burn awful pretty.

(In real life, I'm nice and I pick them up and put them out the window)

I always go out of my way to set spider webs on fire. It's suprisingly safe to do because they are in forests and the trees will block LoS while you are approaching it. I either grab a nearby stick or I'll be ballsy and beat up a sapling next to the webs and set that ablaze. Result is usually two dead webspiders; pre-cooked and loaded with delicious, nutritious spider meat!

Wasp infested houses I hear sometimes have rare and exotic items in them, like minireactors, so I'm reluctant to burn those down anymore.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3006 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:42 pm »

er... guys? I seem to be... glowing? I guess? Or I can see in the dark?

It is the middle of the night, I just came in from the rain to my fort and realized after I closed the door that I can see 3 spaces out as lit and 3 more as 'dark'. Why? I have no light source on me and showing no radiation effects or mutation. I'm tipsy from some beer and I have the flu apparently... neither of those should be making me glow/see in the dark.

Edit: Huh... the effect, whatever it was, went away before daybreak. But for a while there I could see in the dark I guess.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:05:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3007 on: May 24, 2013, 10:16:52 pm »

Sometimes a full moon can do that, but it's weird that it happened while it was raining. Did it stop raining after you got inside?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: May 24, 2013, 10:19:17 pm »

Is it possible to siphon fuel?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3009 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

Sometimes a full moon can do that, but it's weird that it happened while it was raining. Did it stop raining after you got inside?
No... it rained all night. And I could still see far away even while inside in the dark.

Hasn't happened again.

Edit: Also how do I get rid of the flu?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:23:24 pm by forsaken1111 »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: May 24, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »

Is it possible to siphon fuel?
In the nightly builds and dev version, yes, with a rubber hose. In the normal .5 version? No.

Edit: Also how do I get rid of the flu?
Wait. Nyquil/dayquil will relieve the symptoms, but the only cure for it is to wait a few days (similar to real life).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: May 24, 2013, 10:48:39 pm »

Just getting started on a karate guy. Doing it in cargo shorts and no shirt, just like Bruce Lee intended. I just can't get over how much fun it is leading these zombies to a broken window and YA PUNCHU HAAAIYAing them all to death. I'm going to bite it as soon as I see something I don't want to actually punch, but I'll just get lots of alcohol and duct tape in the mean time.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: May 25, 2013, 04:56:50 am »

Royal Jelly also cures the flu- go to your local laboratory or bee hive.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #3013 on: May 25, 2013, 05:39:15 am »

Just getting started on a karate guy. Doing it in cargo shorts and no shirt, just like Bruce Lee intended. I just can't get over how much fun it is leading these zombies to a broken window and YA PUNCHU HAAAIYAing them all to death. I'm going to bite it as soon as I see something I don't want to actually punch, but I'll just get lots of alcohol and duct tape in the mean time.

I always neglected martial arts, but I've been such a fool! Dapper McJester has shown me the light of how much earth-shattering badassery can be packed into just one character. Nothing quite like taking out a Cougar with a one-shot karate chop! :D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3014 on: May 25, 2013, 08:43:18 am »

I always neglected martial arts, but I've been such a fool! Dapper McJester has shown me the light of how much earth-shattering badassery can be packed into just one character. Nothing quite like taking out a Cougar with a one-shot karate chop! :D
Combine with drunken master for fantastic results?
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1086