Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864328 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2940 on: May 22, 2013, 12:59:11 am »

I dont even see how you would go that fast without burning out your engines, sounds really uneconomic.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 22, 2013, 01:09:45 am »

Ballfairy managed to destroy a whole heap of v6s and v8s with his speed tests. I think he managed to get up to around 1000 first though.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:08 am »

Ballfairy managed to destroy a whole heap of v6s and v8s with his speed tests. I think he managed to get up to around 1000 first though.
Hit a rock and start flying weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2943 on: May 22, 2013, 04:58:33 am »

Huh... I am getting randomly mutated as I walk around. I'm nowhere near anything radioactive... why?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 22, 2013, 05:13:57 am »

Absorbed radiation lingers untill you treat it with purifier or iodine tablets.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2945 on: May 22, 2013, 05:25:54 am »

Absorbed radiation lingers untill you treat it with purifier or iodine tablets.
Odd. But I'm showing no radiation effects. I assumed it would also make you sick?

I just sprouted a small tail, rough skin, and got high night vision for no apparent reason.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 22, 2013, 05:34:49 am »

Radiation reduces your stats and that's about it. Over time it will slowly dissipate and it drops drastically if you trigger a mutation. Do note that it is possible to get mutations all of the way down to 1 radiation IIRC, it just becomes incredibly unlikely as the number goes down. (Also if you ever manage to get a radiation level above 2000 you will mutate at least once.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 22, 2013, 05:40:07 am »

Sometimes you can find a square of just rubble. For example, in a house. Said rubble is sometimes or always radioactive. I have gotten mutations myself in the past from climbing around in rubbly houses to get to the Trenchcoat or Batteries in the muffled of it.
Love, scriver~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 22, 2013, 05:55:49 am »

Hit a rock and start flying weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ramps should be implented once Z-levels are in.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2949 on: May 22, 2013, 06:20:28 am »

Welp I just lost this long running game to a bug with an NPC.

Debug messages:

Matthew Morgan chose action Go to destination.
NPC Matthew Morgan: Target = -1, danger = 0, range = 7
address_needs Undecided
address_player Undecided
find_item Undecided
long_term_goal_action()
long_term_goal_action Go to destination

...and that repeats endlessly.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2950 on: May 22, 2013, 07:16:10 am »

Well, as they say, there's a reason NPCs are off by default >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:33 am »

There is also a mutation that cause you to have more mutation. and one that cause you to start spouting radiation. You don't want those.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:49 am »

So I did a search and couldn't find any reference...  the great Zemalf has just started his second Cataclysm:DDA character (this one in 0.5) in a Youtube let's play series.  The first one didn't go so well, but this chap, Aidan has had a pretty decent start.  Even though he is smelly.

Check it out!

Zemalf's videos are great, methodical gameplay with a dry sense of humour, and he loves post-apocalyptic survival games.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: May 22, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »

There is also a mutation that cause you to have more mutation. and one that cause you to start spouting radiation. You don't want those.
Actually if you manage to roll both Radiogenic and Minor Radioactivity then it's pretty OP (every 5 turns you are basically guaranteed to heal 1 HP on all body parts, and they balance out to the point where the chance of you actually gaining another mutation is fairly nonexistent). Plus it has the benefit of automatically making you warmer (which can be a bit of a drag in the summer with the heat, but it means that during the winter you can still be running around in your normal clothes no problem).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 22, 2013, 02:45:24 pm »

Probably better to feel colder then normal, so you can pile on all the extra -1 encumbrance stuff like long underwear and then compulsively stack multiple layers of kevlar vests and arm guards and lederhosen everywhere without getting overheated.

But I guess it's good if wolves tear everything you are wearing into ribbons and you are running down the hiway naked in a thunderstorm or whatnot.

I played around in defense mode with mutations and getting a martial arts expert with 8 tentacles tipped with poisonous claws and any other melee-oriented trait will put any kind of rifle marksman or archery build to shame.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1086