Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864327 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2925 on: May 21, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

Shoot it.

Edit: Next time try fire. Or a HMG. And make sure the saiga has explosive slugs. Plasma rifles or a nearly full charge NX-17 might also work. Don't take on unknown horrors with regular, I'm a zombie killing survivor weapons. You need the good shit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 07:14:01 pm by Kaitol »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: May 21, 2013, 07:23:57 pm »

I didn't even HIT it, how the HELL would those kill it? I had 12 shotgun skill, and the saiga-12 did nothing! Nothing!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: May 21, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

I would just like to point out that longbows are very op right now.  You don't even have to step out of the safehouse, and you can get a bow and enough ammo to take on an army just by smashing windows.  Not sure how to fix this, other then maybe making longbows require more skill to make, or need an extra item. 

Also, is there any purpose to the hazardous waste sarcophagus?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2928 on: May 21, 2013, 08:46:24 pm »

How do you get a longbow before getting out of the safehouse? I don't get where your getting the string from.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: May 21, 2013, 08:49:42 pm »

Well, if you start a fire between you and it, it HAS to walk through the fire. Not like it can dodge fire. Then while its walking through you shoot everything you have at it and pray.

Fires probably the safest bet. Or area of effect weapons. LAWS might work. Or a heavily charged NX-17.

re string: For some reason safehouse windows are rigged with string pulley curtains. They drop string.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: May 21, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »

If you plan on taking it, in every town i have a bomb-house, a house filled with gas/alchool flamable thing on the ground, i rush trough it and as soon the mobs/zombie army gets in side i flee in the back, light the gas and run like hell, if it can survive the raging fire for a few minutes... well you can basicly say you earned it die. While its not magma, its god damn close to it.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:06 pm »

How do you get a longbow before getting out of the safehouse? I don't get where your getting the string from.
If you smash a window you get 3 feet string.  So you smash two windows, and you have all the stuff you need to build a bow.  THen smash more windows and benches, and you have heavy sticks for ammo. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2932 on: May 21, 2013, 09:17:15 pm »

I did not know the shelter windows dropped string. I have never actually smashed them because the safe house is either exactly what it say on the tin or I need to get out of there yesterday. I usually end up building a bed in the place and everything if I survive long enough.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: May 21, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »

The evac shelter?

I've always wondered what it is supposed to be exactly. It can't be a dedicated survival bunker with it being so flammable and having windows (with drapes, even) and doors everywhere and not any supplies whatsoever. Why the benches? Whats the counter and terminals for?

My guess is that it's a DMV office with a disused basement?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: May 21, 2013, 09:59:34 pm »

I think of it as a place you wait at for a day, maybe a night, until a rescue helicopter arrives and picks you up. However, since the whole evacuation thing just isn't happening, evac shelters are rather pointless.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2935 on: May 21, 2013, 10:25:02 pm »

I figured they were bomb shelters/safe houses that were built as a precursor to the war over in Korea.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: May 21, 2013, 10:31:53 pm »

Vehicle fling fix
https://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/1127
That's a fix for jumping out of vehicles though, not vehicles flinging other vehicles.

I think of it as a place you wait at for a day, maybe a night, until a rescue helicopter arrives and picks you up. However, since the whole evacuation thing just isn't happening, evac shelters are rather pointless.
Pretty much this.

Also, is there any purpose to the hazardous waste sarcophagus?
You can find hazmat suits and other useful tools there, are guaranteed to find at least 1 military ID if I remember correctly, and it serves as a useful house while I'm busy mutating into a giant bug monster (seriously, the new Robust Genetics is very powerful in combination with a Toxic Waste Dump or Sarcophagus, though you still have to eventually leave before you run out of good mutations to get). Also I believe eventually the Sarcophagus should have an underground area with more cool stuff that will be accessible through that broken elevator, but it isn't in the game yet.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: May 21, 2013, 10:41:33 pm »

Oh, I see. So people jumping out of vehicles going 700mph haven't been doing it right? They should get right on that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: May 21, 2013, 10:43:49 pm »

Oh, I see. So people jumping out of vehicles going 700mph haven't been doing it right? They should get right on that.
The problem was that regardless of the speed the vehicle was going at when you jumped out you were going at 35 mph. This meant that if you jumped out when the vehicle was going at like 1 mph you took much more damage then intended. This will also have the effect that jumping out of your vehicles at high speed will now probably kill you, instead of you just taking a little bit of damage and then standing up again.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:40:07 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1086