Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864246 times)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2880 on: May 20, 2013, 12:44:59 pm »

I thought it was vaguely western europe/everyland. Plus I bet you could totally find cowboy boots and hats even in new england.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: May 20, 2013, 12:50:05 pm »

Be fairly easy to make a fancy dress store complete with a dozen or so costumes, including an authentic cowboy gettup. Nothing says Fearsome Zombie Hunter than a ballerina tutu over a penguin costume.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: May 20, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »

Be fairly easy to make a fancy dress store complete with a dozen or so costumes, including an authentic cowboy gettup. Nothing says Fearsome Zombie Hunter than a ballerina tutu over a penguin costume.

Make a regular party/costume shop with plastic/vinyl costumes and snake-oil aphrodisiacs that stink so bad they act as zombie pheromone.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: May 20, 2013, 12:59:53 pm »

What version of Mac does the Mac version of Cataclysm work with, exactly?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2884 on: May 20, 2013, 01:18:15 pm »

I really hope that gets into the next release.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #2885 on: May 20, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

Hey guys: is there cowboy getup in the new release? Dusters/hats/boots? There should be...

The original game is set in the New England states. Not much call for cowboys.

Except for lobster cowboys. In post-apocalyptic New England, the vacant strip malls and coastal tourist traps will be home to the fabled lobsterados, those grizzled and lonely free spirits whose only companions are the ten foot long crustaceans they have painstakingly separated from the roaming lobster-herds to serve as their trusty mounts. Of course, most of the lobsterados are missing a limb or two, or at the very least several digits, but that doesn't mean they should be underestimated.
Well, I know what I'm working on once we have NPCs functioning.

:D

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: May 20, 2013, 02:33:10 pm »

Hey guys: is there cowboy getup in the new release? Dusters/hats/boots? There should be...

The original game is set in the New England states. Not much call for cowboys.

Except for lobster cowboys. In post-apocalyptic New England, the vacant strip malls and coastal tourist traps will be home to the fabled lobsterados, those grizzled and lonely free spirits whose only companions are the ten foot long crustaceans they have painstakingly separated from the roaming lobster-herds to serve as their trusty mounts. Of course, most of the lobsterados are missing a limb or two, or at the very least several digits, but that doesn't mean they should be underestimated.

Best anything I've seen all day.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: May 20, 2013, 02:56:56 pm »

As soon as giant mutated lobsters are implemented, mounts need to be implemented.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: May 20, 2013, 03:14:36 pm »

Replace the virtual difficulty with real difficulty, too.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: May 20, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »

Could you elaborate on the distinction between real and virtual difficulty?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2890 on: May 20, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »

An example of real vs virtual from the platforming genre is the difference between a level that is hard because it takes good reflexes and one where its hard because of blind leaps of faith where you basically have to memorize the level to actually do it. In the first one you could techincally if your good enough do it on the first try while in the second unless you guess really lucky you are going to be doing it again both increasing play time and perceived difficulty though in a manner thats not actually fair. Its like how some games have scripted battles where you have to lose, does that really count as a loss because technically it was but it too was artificial. I don't see how this applies here but then again I know the game well enough so its like someone that memorized a jumping puzzle saying its not hard all. If DrPoo would elaborate it would be nice.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: May 20, 2013, 03:30:13 pm »

What version of Mac does the Mac version of Cataclysm work with, exactly?
10.6+ IIRC.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: May 20, 2013, 03:33:32 pm »

Is the mac build for 0.5 up yet?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2893 on: May 20, 2013, 03:40:31 pm »

Could you elaborate on the distinction between real and virtual difficulty?
Artificial Difficulty: You are presented with an array of unlabeled buttons. One of them opens the door to freedom. The other 99 kill you. Your victory is reliant on random chance, and trying all 100 buttons.

Real Difficulty: You are presented with the same array of buttons but now labeled in a cryptic manner. By assembling clues from the complex around you, you can piece together the code that the buttons are labeled in. Your victory is reliant on patience and skill in deciphering the code.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2894 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:42 pm »

Is the mac build for 0.5 up yet?
Yeah, the label on the link is wrong, I'll fix it in a bit.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 1086