Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862782 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2280 on: April 24, 2013, 01:05:32 pm »

For pawn shops I normally use a crowbar, and smash the windows, then the eybots, then I shoot the cop bots and then I have lots of parts to play with :D

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 24, 2013, 01:18:48 pm »

For pawn shops I normally use a crowbar, and smash the windows, then the eybots, then I shoot the cop bots and then I have lots of parts to play with :D
I can't do that, since my wooden arrows can't pierce shit. 
Is there any way to upgrade an archer past homemade longbow and wooden arrows?

Also, my current archer has drunk three mutagens.  The first gave me roadrunner and some thing that turned my skin into a sort of woody armor.  Next one turned the woody armor thing into avian bones.  Third one gave me long fingernails and hollow bones.  Which, while it looked like it initially sucked, is actually quite useful.  If you go into combat, all you have to do is drop most of your gear, and the zombies won't ever touch you. 
And is there any way to affect the outcome of what a mutagen get's you?
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: April 24, 2013, 01:23:59 pm »

I can't do that, since my wooden arrows can't pierce shit. 
Is there any way to upgrade an archer past homemade longbow and wooden arrows?
Pawn shops and sporting goods shops.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 24, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »

The best thing you can get for archery is a compound bow with carbon fiber arrows. Longbow will be yer bread and butter however, since carbon arrows are rare as hell. I carry three weapons generally, my longbow, a silenced Marlin for zombies/weak enemies and another gun (usually an SKS) for enemies with thick carapaces.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:36 pm »

I took low strength so can't really carry much in terms of both survival stuff and weapons.
In hindsight it was a poor idea.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 24, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »

I cleared a town with guns.

Now that I am low on ammo and going back through town picking up every single casing I am seeing the value of collecting them as I fire them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: April 24, 2013, 03:26:37 pm »

I hope that we can make some stronger-tipped arrows in later versions.

Also, some hi-tech military-grade explosive arrows would be pretty sick.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:28 pm »

Getting inside is not the issue. I was simply reporting what I think us a bug.
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 24, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »

I all but stopped using my bow (or any ranged weapon really) when I got my laser finger. Deadly accurate laser that I can replenish with food? Yes please.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 24, 2013, 05:25:21 pm »

I think I found a bug.  I had basic power armor with a helmet and a hauling frame, and I decided it was useless unless I was trying to clear a town.  So I took it off, but I still had the 120 volume from the hauling frame.  I then tried to put on my backback, but the game still thought I had the power armor on.  I think I had the UPS turned on, but I'm not sure.
And what does the UPS do anyway?  I couldn't see any sort of difference.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 24, 2013, 05:48:13 pm »

Metabolic Interchange is the Devil! I need to find that damned Internal Furnace.

also UPS is supposed to power the power armour.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 24, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »

I think I found a bug.  I had basic power armor with a helmet and a hauling frame, and I decided it was useless unless I was trying to clear a town.  So I took it off, but I still had the 120 volume from the hauling frame.  I then tried to put on my backback, but the game still thought I had the power armor on.  I think I had the UPS turned on, but I'm not sure.
And what does the UPS do anyway?  I couldn't see any sort of difference.

It lowers all the encumbrances of power armor to 1 and supercharges the cut/bash/pierce protections of the armor. Not sure what else it does. Check mayhap volume/enviro protection/speed/etc?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: April 24, 2013, 07:45:17 pm »

I found a crapton of Blaster Arm CBMs in a random anthill and managed to install one of them, but I don't have any way to power the damned thing.
I wanna be Megaman, dammit. Need to find a lab for purifier, too, because I keep shouting thanks to one of my less helpful mutations.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:00 pm »

What I only found out recently (and what is a really nice touch) is that you can "c"lose windows that are already closed to pull the curtains shut, blocking LOS.

EDIT: Start a new game, run into town to grab supplies, get chased by brute all the way back to evac shelter (30-40 overmap tiles). Cant kill him. Dive through window, bring crowbar down on the benches, light them up, dive out the other window, light cigar as evac shelter collapses on the brute, punch wolves. I think this is a pretty good start.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:41:11 pm by Eagle »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 25, 2013, 02:46:37 am »

So I recently picked this up and am having a blast! Right now I'm on about my fourth survivor at the same farm area since the last one was slain due to wolf spiders. I do have one question though, how do you place barbed wire? Right now it seems that I can pick it up just fine but once I've done so I can't find the key presses to put it back down again. I've checked the wiki and tried google, but no such luck, so a little help please?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1086