Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862718 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2250 on: April 23, 2013, 03:50:42 pm »

Night Vision perk or torches.

How long do torches last? I have night vision but it isn't enough to read by.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:10 pm »

I hear there's lightstrips craft-able now too, that give teeny tiny amounts of light for ridiculous amounts of time.  Those might work too.

How does powered armor work?  I think I got myself a full set, helmet, armor, and some kind of carrying attachment, but all the encumbrances are so ridiculously high that I can't perceive ever fighting in the stuff.  Even ranged combat seems out of the question from the eye and arm encumbrance, I can't hit a wolf with a revolver from 4 tiles away.  Am I missing something?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2252 on: April 23, 2013, 03:55:37 pm »

You need an active UPS or a Power Armour Interface bionic.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:17 pm »

I hear there's lightstrips craft-able now too, that give teeny tiny amounts of light for ridiculous amounts of time.  Those might work too.

Huh, always wondered what they were for. I'll grab an electronics book and whip one up, see what happens. Also do you ever get anything from picking underbush?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 23, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »

Ah of course, that makes total sense now.  It's POWERED armor after all.  Thanks.

Huh, always wondered what they were for. I'll grab an electronics book and whip one up, see what happens. Also do you ever get anything from picking underbush?
Based on survival skill you can pick some wild veggies for food.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:26 pm »

Also do you ever get anything from picking underbush?

It won't go into your inventory immediately. Check the shrub tile after you pick it to see what you found.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 23, 2013, 04:56:00 pm »

Also do you ever get anything from picking underbush?

It won't go into your inventory immediately. Check the shrub tile after you pick it to see what you found.

Yeah, I always do even though it says I came up empty, and there's never anything there.

Ah of course, that makes total sense now.  It's POWERED armor after all.  Thanks.

Based on survival skill you can pick some wild veggies for food.

Huh, fair enough. What level do you start getting them?

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: April 23, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »

Use * to get construction menu, then g is clear window.
I meant to actually get rid of the window frame. As in, have just floor where that window frame was.
Jackhammer might do the trick.

Though now that I think about it windowframes survive car crashes.  They might be made of supermatter, and can't be removed.

"*" "u"; you have to build a roof on the tiles that you want cleared. This can also be used to remove walls/doors if you wish.

Power Armour Interface bionic.

Is that a planned .5 thing?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:31:20 pm by Eagle »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2258 on: April 23, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

I thought it was already in 0.4, it's in the latest source anyway.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 23, 2013, 05:47:24 pm »

Havent seen one in .4 yet, and peeking at the wizlist didnt show it up either.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 23, 2013, 06:23:20 pm »

So I just found an LMOE shelter (SCORE!) but underground is pitch black. Is there a more permanent solution to this than flashlights?

Today I watched Jefmajor's recent Cataclysm:DDA livestream on Twitch and he had an interesting solution to lighting up his LMOE. He made a vehicle frame with a seat, controls, and a headlight and it shines a constant cone-shaped light to the north of the shelter. The controls are necessary to have the lights on, but you'd only need wheels to turn it in another direction. He said he was thinking of adding more, but the single one was good enough to provide a space for reading and such.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 23, 2013, 06:27:39 pm »

So I just found an LMOE shelter (SCORE!) but underground is pitch black. Is there a more permanent solution to this than flashlights?

Today I watched Jefmajor's recent Cataclysm:DDA livestream on Twitch and he had an interesting solution to lighting up his LMOE. He made a vehicle frame with a seat, controls, and a headlight and it shines a constant cone-shaped light to the north of the shelter. The controls are necessary to have the lights on, but you'd only need wheels to turn it in another direction. He said he was thinking of adding more, but the single one was good enough to provide a space for reading and such.
Ooh, that's pretty clever, actually. I'll have to try that.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 23, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »

Huh, that's a cool idea. Can headlights only be front mounted? If not, you could have a pretty cool multidirectional light in the middle of the room.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 23, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »

AFAIK they'll only shine in the "front" direction of the car. Of course, if you just build multiple tiny vehicles you could position them all in a blob in the center, or in the corners.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2264 on: April 23, 2013, 08:38:45 pm »

So what is everyone's opinion of skill rust? I started with it on full and...   yeah. Then I tried the middle option where you rust down to your current level but not lower and it works but some things I can see there being a problem with like trying to train dodge on a ranged character or first aid and survival in general because they get used after fights so you can end up with no xp in the pool. So yeah, I have been considering going to no skill rust. I don't really care about whether it would be considered cheating or what have you but I do prefer to play a game somewhat as intended but turning it off is an option so yeah.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 1086