Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862677 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2235 on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:17 am »

Arnold Moosenegger?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 23, 2013, 07:39:52 am »

So I created a character, and the moment I opened the door to my shelter there was fungaloids outside. I ran then north to find Triffids. Then I ran south past the fungaloid area to another evac shelter, where there was GIANT WORMS. By now you might be able to understand why I started to think that any minute lovecraftian horrors would spawn out of nowhere and kill me. Then I found a farm with a LMOE shelter just north of it....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This exact thing happened to me, I ran out of shelter, fungaloids run away, triffalids, run away, goo, run away, find a car, go south, find worms... WTF Cataclysm?

Antur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 23, 2013, 09:08:08 am »

My crossbow totting half-machine half-waterworld denizen (gills & webbed hands) just died to severe case of stupidity.

Cleared the town from zombies not even a scratch on me.
Oh look mines! They would look cool around my shelter!
So how do you disarm mine? It's should be easy right ?
BOOOM.
Cue gibs flying everywhere

On the other hand i found best or at least most fun way of clearing towns: Get lots of molotovs, grab a motorbike, ride through town leaving inferno behind you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 23, 2013, 10:31:53 am »

I just found a suit of power armor in a mil. surplus store. This will go nicely with my morningstar.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 23, 2013, 10:34:28 am »

I just found a suit of power armor in a mil. surplus store. This will go nicely with my morningstar.  :D
Forget about using it unless you've got a pa helmet as well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: April 23, 2013, 10:44:44 am »

And a car to carry your gears, and you don't need glasses.

Also, did I tell you about my hydraulic muscle CBM? +20 strength. I make fine zombie paste.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:18 am »

Wolf spiders eat me for breakfast. Just lost my third character today to wolf spiders. I've based myself out of a lab in the woods that I got open with a card from some dead scientists, a bit away from a town. I think I have had five or six characters killed on the road to that place by wolf spiders, bears, wolves or cougars.

At least wolves or cougars are possible to fight, wolf spiders just instantly poison you and then the battle is lost since you're slowed and thus can't run away or hit anything. I also tried basing out of an evac shelter, but there I just got bears and spiders outside when I woke up every morning that killed me when I, dehydrated and starving, tried to make a run for it.

How am I supposed to survive the first few days? In the towns zombies mob me from every direction and If I try to start out in the woods, the super-aggressive wildlife surrounds me and kills me.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 23, 2013, 01:48:51 pm »

Guiz, how do I clear window frames?
I can't figure out any way to; and the wiki isn't helping.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:55 pm »

Use * to get construction menu, then g is clear window.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 23, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »

"*", "g" and then the windows' direction.

Silfurdreki, I'd suggest starting with fleet-footed and 1 point in mechanic as well as 1 in archery. Trash the dressers, fetch a pipe, make a crowbar with a rock, then go into town and raid houses at the periphery for gear. When you see a zed, retreat behind a window and take him out while he's climbing through the frame. Butcher everything you kill to grind Butchery

As soon as you have 6 feet of string, grind archery by crafting arrows then craft a longbow. With a bow and a good supply of arrows, you should be set.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 23, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »

Wolf spiders eat me for breakfast. Just lost my third character today to wolf spiders. I've based myself out of a lab in the woods that I got open with a card from some dead scientists, a bit away from a town. I think I have had five or six characters killed on the road to that place by wolf spiders, bears, wolves or cougars.

At least wolves or cougars are possible to fight, wolf spiders just instantly poison you and then the battle is lost since you're slowed and thus can't run away or hit anything. I also tried basing out of an evac shelter, but there I just got bears and spiders outside when I woke up every morning that killed me when I, dehydrated and starving, tried to make a run for it.

How am I supposed to survive the first few days? In the towns zombies mob me from every direction and If I try to start out in the woods, the super-aggressive wildlife surrounds me and kills me.

throwing rocks > wildlife

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 23, 2013, 02:47:16 pm »

I meant to actually get rid of the window frame. As in, have just floor where that window frame was.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 23, 2013, 03:15:03 pm »

I meant to actually get rid of the window frame. As in, have just floor where that window frame was.
Jackhammer might do the trick.

Though now that I think about it windowframes survive car crashes.  They might be made of supermatter, and can't be removed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:21:49 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 23, 2013, 03:46:04 pm »

So I just found an LMOE shelter (SCORE!) but underground is pitch black. Is there a more permanent solution to this than flashlights?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 23, 2013, 03:46:55 pm »

Night Vision perk or torches.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 1086