Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860645 times)

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:09 am »

I am so happy to see this being developed further. Gonna down the latest repo and compile it tonight after work.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:44 am »

Found a bug on the windows version: selecting a square that you are standing on when placing a tent (e.g. 5 on the number pad) surrounded me with canvas walls. Short-Range teleportation revealed about seven or eight 3*3 canvas prisons. What's especially weird is that when I placed the tent, there was a square of brush about two squares away. On the duplicates that piece of brush is replicated next to every one. Just thought you should know.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2013, 09:31:29 am »

Yeah.
Don't place tents on yourself :P
They're pretty buggy right now, the door is placed on whatever tile you point to to set the thing up, which is nice but causes issues like you just described.

They also spawn random tiles of canvas if you try and place them somewhere they don't fit, because currently it checks one tile at a time, places the canvas wall if its clear, and only breaks the function once it notices that there's some blocked tiless.

My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

HOLY SHIT YOU ADDED TENTS OH GOD I LOVE YOU
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2013, 11:28:24 am »

Just a couple little thoughts and bugs I would like to throw out there.

Night enemies:  It seems almost safe to go out at night to go on looting sprees.  Any chance of certain enemies being more common at night, like mosquitoes or wolves, or perhaps some more specialized night predators that rely on heat instead of light?  Nothing too crazy that can break down windows or whatnot and get you while yer sleeping, but just some things to make it a bit more dangerous to be out of your safehouse at night.

Camera lock: Be nice if we could set where we want the camera to center.  So we could do stuff like move the camera forward a little bit and keep it there, for when we are driving.  Right now it seems like it would make driving a bit too easy, but if we plan on adding other bits of dangerous road debris like broken down cars it sounds like it would become necessary if you want to ever go anywhere faster than 20mph.

Possible noticed bugs:
After talking with an NPC about trading they seem to freak out again and I need to talk them down again.  Gets frustrating.  There is also no way to just say goodbye at the main conversation menu.  You have to ask them what they are doing, then say bye.

Possible interior lighting issue: When I entered a city on foot in the middle of the night to retrieve a car for parts. I noticed that without a flashlight I could see buildings, and see inside them as if it was daytime while everything outside I could only see a tile in any direction.  Also garages with open doors actually spilled a little bit of light into the street as if all the lights were on in the city.  It went away at exactly midnight.   So far I haven't been able to reproduce it.  Gradual lighting was on.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:30 am »

ptw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2013, 12:05:59 pm »

Having issues with vast numbers of squirrels and rabbits cutting themselves to death on broken windows. I went outside one day and picked up ten or twelve of their corpses just lying on the ground, and there were probably dozens still out there.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2013, 12:35:59 pm »

Sounds like a feature to me.

Still haven't managed to survive more than two days myself though. But I refuse to give up.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »

I just wanted to thank the crew for keeping this game alive. I promise, when I turn to a zombie, I'll eat you guys last.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2013, 12:40:16 pm »

Sounds like a feature to me.

Still haven't managed to survive more than two days myself though. But I refuse to give up.

Loot a sporting goods store, preferably get a water canteen, a backpack, a knife you can butcher with, a few tools and craploads of lighters.
Find a bike or something else and get the hell out of dogde. Forest Cabins are really awesome places to be.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:09 pm »

Right, right. I did survive a good bit once, and it was in fact in a cabin in the woods. It was the only character I put skill into archery and traps in, too. Was a while ago though, and all I remember past setting up a sweet little house with occasional supply raids (it was a nice distance form town, but not too far that I couldn't walk) is having that fugal queen thing gobble up my walls and then me.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »

So I decided to play with debug mode to see what I could do with vehicles.

3 6L engines, 3 frames, 2 large wheels, 1 hardened plate (front tire), gas tank, seat, controls and seatbelt.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #222 on: January 07, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »

IRL version of that (within reality of course) :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #223 on: January 07, 2013, 01:57:01 pm »

The seat belt's nothing but extra weight. :P
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2013, 02:01:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1086