Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862698 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2025 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »

How do I use heatpacks to heat myself? Or can they only be used for food?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: April 18, 2013, 07:36:37 pm »

How do I use heatpacks to heat myself? Or can they only be used for food?

I think only food. At first I thought they were hand warmers or something like that, but I guess they'd be called hand warmers (Also, hand and feet warmers should be included). A google image search tells me there are way too many things in the "heatpack" category for me to figure out which one the creator of the item intended

For the Devs: If it wasn't Whales, what kind of heatpack were you going for?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2027 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »

From its context, I think it was something like the ones included in MRE's. Maybe it makes them taste better, but real MRE's already include a little heat pack.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: April 18, 2013, 08:02:39 pm »

I take it no one has read the in-game description of the heatpack? "A heatpack, used to treat sports injuries and heat food."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: April 18, 2013, 08:06:15 pm »

Wasn't Whales who introduced it.

From the DDA wiki "A heatpack, used to treat sports injuries and heat food. Usable only once."

I'm guessing it's supposed to be a one-time heat pack where you squeeze it to mix two reagents which make an exothermic reaction, the only problem I have is that using it to treat injuries mean it will be temperatures of something like 70 C to 80 C while if you want to use it to heat food it needs to be way over 100 C but seeing as it can't be used to treat injuries at the moment the only problem is the description.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #2030 on: April 18, 2013, 08:33:20 pm »

Is there a mechanical difference between "Cooking" and merely "Heating"? I recall some foods being "Hot" once you've prepared them. Maybe it provides a better morale boost if food's still hot when you eat it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2031 on: April 18, 2013, 08:36:39 pm »

Yes, from past talk on the subject it seems hot food is supposed to be better for your morale. Now mind you I said supposed, it might not be correctly implemented yet just like the ability to warm yourself isn't from what I remember.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: April 18, 2013, 08:47:39 pm »

I recall seeing something that says it slightly boosts nutrition content.

And I don't think they actually do manage to cook the food.  I used it on a frozen dinner and it still wasn't cooked, but it was still hot.  So it sounds like it makes the food a little warmer and more palpable but isn't warm enough to actually cook anything.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: April 18, 2013, 10:05:43 pm »

There is definitely a morale boost from eating hot food, so that at least is fully implemented.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #2034 on: April 19, 2013, 12:58:34 am »

I just recorded the first (of perhaps many) episode for an LP of this... it's changed a lot since I played the old Cataclysm! I had no idea so much work had been done on it, is there also a multiplayer server for this as there was for its predecessor?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: April 19, 2013, 01:11:02 am »

I just recorded the first (of perhaps many) episode for an LP of this... it's changed a lot since I played the old Cataclysm! I had no idea so much work had been done on it, is there also a multiplayer server for this as there was for its predecessor?

Wait, what? There was a multiplayer server? How did that work, if I may ask?

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2036 on: April 19, 2013, 01:13:45 am »

It was technically multiplayer. Everyone played in the same world but you could never meet anyone else. If you where in an area and someone else entered the same area you where both in separate instances of that area and I think the last to leave was which ever instance was saved. When you left an area and it was unloaded it was saved so people where able to work together in a round about way but generally all it did was make the world really feel worn. After a while the main start area would be deserted of anything of value.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:06 am »

Interesting. It would be hilarious horrible if someone burned everything near the starting area. 'La la la off to scave-WHY IS THE ENTIRE TOWN GONE.'

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: April 19, 2013, 01:32:01 am »

My save just bugged. Whenever I try to move, the game crashes with the debug message: "DEBUG: Bishop Artemis::encumb hit a non-armor item at worn[15] (none)"

It just so happens that I found an artifact Ring of Gelatinous Ichor and wore it just before I last saved.

Is there some way to hack my save to get rid of this item? :/ This guy has survived a LONG time and a lot of awesome adventures.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2039 on: April 19, 2013, 01:46:47 am »

Open your save file with something like notepad++ and look around at your worn items, should hopefully be fairly obvious what the item that's causing the issues is.
There's some weirdness with artifacts where they don't save correctly.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 1086