Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862955 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14580 on: November 17, 2014, 11:44:31 am »

Horah, I can rationalize playing again! To celebrate I have recorded the first in which I assume will be a large number of CataDDA 0.B videos
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: November 17, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »

Interesting, a new release a few hours after I downloaded the latest experimental to get back into it.

New version, new world! This time with static NPCs. My new bestest friend sent me out to get a big ol' flag for the shelter, but then he accidentally and fatally shot me in the head when I opened the door in front of him.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: November 17, 2014, 05:53:12 pm »

LOL, "accidentally", suuuuure.  He's laughin his ass off now, enjoyin all your sweet sweet gear...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: November 17, 2014, 06:42:21 pm »

Aarrrgh, new release when there is much homework to be done.

.___.

Will definitely play die soon though.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:31 pm »

Really beginning to hate skeletons. They can kill me in two turns. Double headshots. I play with Glass Jaw, but turning it off would only give me one more turn with which to fail to hit it in. And this is with Dex 10 and a KNIFE SPEAR. Although the new "starting with winter clothes" thing is cool, it also gives you tons of extra encumbrance.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: November 17, 2014, 08:19:41 pm »

KNIFE SPEAR

A cudgel would be a billion more times effective, roughly. They're skeletons. What the hell are you trying to stab?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: November 17, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »

Nevermind. Next time I saw a skeleton, I dramatically doffed my coat and proceeded to OHK the skeleton with my trusty KNIFE SPEAR. Need to remember to do that in future.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: November 17, 2014, 08:47:26 pm »

So i run around, fetch a few goodies, fresh start btw. Everything is going fine, i can outrun zombies with some luck. I see a wall off zombie blocking the north road and no way im trekking back south since all the Z are there. Turn west between houses to get on the other road. right as i move out for the very narrow space between these 2 house my game hang for a second then i see something shooting me, bam explosion, again and again and again and again ( can i move now? ) and again and again x18.....

So i was running and a tank drone thingyshit shot me over 20 time wich finaly killed me without giving me a chance to do AYTHING at all like if i had -100 in speed... the heck was that? Is that a tank cannon or a frigging gatling gun shooting explosive 120mm shells? ( And NO ITS NOT A SUGGESTION!!! )...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

blazing glory

« Reply #14588 on: November 17, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »

So i run around, fetch a few goodies, fresh start btw. Everything is going fine, i can outrun zombies with some luck. I see a wall off zombie blocking the north road and no way im trekking back south since all the Z are there. Turn west between houses to get on the other road. right as i move out for the very narrow space between these 2 house my game hang for a second then i see something shooting me, bam explosion, again and again and again and again ( can i move now? ) and again and again x18.....

So i was running and a tank drone thingyshit shot me over 20 time wich finaly killed me without giving me a chance to do AYTHING at all like if i had -100 in speed... the heck was that? Is that a tank cannon or a frigging gatling gun shooting explosive 120mm shells? ( And NO ITS NOT A SUGGESTION!!! )...

From what I understand, it tends to shoot you with it's machine gun rather than it's 120mm cannon, unless your in a vehicle.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: November 17, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »

From what I understand, it tends to shoot you with it's machine gun rather than it's 120mm cannon, unless your in a vehicle.
Well i think something got messed up because each hit was making an explosion. Explosive bullet? meh anyway i savescummed without any shame believe me.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: November 17, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »

KNIFE SPEAR

A cudgel would be a billion more times effective, roughly. They're skeletons. What the hell are you trying to stab?
Well, you slash the ligaments holding its spine to its skull, flip the skull off, use the knife-spear to lift the skull up, and walk around for the rest of the game with Murray-on-a-stick to narrate your adventures and generally provide comic relief. 

blazing glory

« Reply #14591 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:30 pm »

Well i think something got messed up because each hit was making an explosion. Explosive bullet? meh anyway i savescummed without any shame believe me.

I think it has a smaller cannon as well, *shrug* tank drones are stupidly powerful anyway.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39:27 pm »

There needs to be one enemy that can wander around killing even powerful characters. If any moderately old character could walk across the map with utter impunity that would be kind of bad in a survival rogue-like. There needs to be SOMETHING you have to be wary of even if you're an uber character.

That said, maybe nerf the machine guns accuracy to give better fleeing odds. *shrugs*

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: November 17, 2014, 10:45:35 pm »

A cudgel would be a billion more times effective, roughly.

In the end, my only friends are Knife Spear (who gets a fancy mid-season upgrade into Steel Spear) and Shopping Cart. There is nothing in the game that I can't beat with a healthy application of stabbing and/or running.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: November 17, 2014, 11:08:41 pm »

A cudgel would be a billion more times effective, roughly.

In the end, my only friends are Knife Spear (who gets a fancy mid-season upgrade into Steel Spear) and Shopping Cart. There is nothing in the game that I can't beat with a healthy application of stabbing and/or running.
Check out some pawn shops and find a Rapier.  Shit's OP.
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1086