Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862756 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #14280 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:20 pm »

Nah, you just need to be able to pulp and solidify any books into "wood" that's labeled as the book it comes from, then use that "wood" to create a "Holy Bible Bat"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14281 on: November 03, 2014, 12:10:13 pm »

I must admit I wasn't really thinking about melee weapons. Though to be fair most monsters that are traditionally thought to be affected by [holy] items generally are things that in their fiction if they get close to you its over (vampires and demons being top of the list).
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: November 03, 2014, 12:56:22 pm »

Since we were speaking of fire, what kind of tools are needed to start a fire? I imagine a lighter or matchbook are some obvious ones, but are there any tools you can use if you don't have one of those, like maybe something more survival-y like rubbing two sticks together?
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: November 03, 2014, 01:21:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure I saw a bow and stick in the crafting menu for creating enough friction to light tinder.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30:15 pm »

fire drill or camp fire drill are what you want

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30:30 pm »

Yep, that's the "fire drill". It's not very useful unless you're really lost in the woods, though, since looting a suburb usually yields at least half a dozen lighters and some matchbooks as well.

Ninja'd.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: November 03, 2014, 02:44:44 pm »

93 days in game, fortified a cabin, hoarded food to and fro, and then one day, a bunch of hostile moose, meese ? meesi ? meeses ? came, and quickly disposed of my surviver.
I don't know how I feel about this, although it was very satisfying to play.
Beware of the wildlife.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:46:27 pm by bertix »
Set phasers to tsun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: November 03, 2014, 03:16:52 pm »

It's good to have a big gun of any sort in an aboveground base exactly in case of moose (or zombear, or mi-go, or worse) attack. A shotgun or high-caliber rifle will do, though real men use a grenade launcher. It counts as an emergency, so don't be afraid to make some noise if it saves your skin.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14288 on: November 03, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »

The secret about making noise is to remember to reload.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Carsonjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: November 03, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »

Had an NPC rob me last night. Didn't know they could. Told me to drop my weapon and put my hands up, and when I did, he started taking my stuff. However, he did not take my holstered Ruger Redhawk, which was the only gun I had ammo for. So that ended rather quickly. Apparently taking a .44 Magnum round to the face at point blank range isn't good for your health! Who knew? :D

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: November 03, 2014, 05:06:49 pm »

That can be a risky trick if they happen to be holding a gun themselves though.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14291 on: November 03, 2014, 05:32:39 pm »

Or something more explosive.

Carsonjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: November 03, 2014, 05:55:15 pm »

Or something more explosive.

Or something more fiery. Yeah, you know what? Maybe I won't do that again. Maybe that wasn't the best idea...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14293 on: November 03, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

It really depends on what you have. Now what I am about to suggest is theoretical as I haven't ever tried it but if a guy is stealing all your stuff and you happen to prime some sort of explosive with a decent fuse time on it and the guy then steals that you might be able to solve the problem.

Carsonjo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: November 03, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »

But he has to steal it. I didn't get to find out, since I blew him away the second I realized he was taking things from my inventory, but I don't know if they have some kind of priority, or how much they take, or if it's completely random. He grabbed one of the guns that I was hauling around in my bags first, and while I did have a stick of dynamite, I'd rather not risk lighting that thing and praying he takes it from me, and then praying I can run far enough to not die as well.

I don't know the fuse on dynamite, but assuming we have something with a long enough fuse, don't items get damaged in an explosion? What if they take it last, and the explosion's big enough to destroy all your stuff. Since if you're carrying guns, you're probably also carrying ammo. Possibly a lot of it. Could be interesting to find out if they would let you light an explosive in front of them, and then steal it from you though. But, I think using explosives is riskier than using a high-caliber gun.
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1086