Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861699 times)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #13920 on: October 08, 2014, 07:42:10 pm »

Or try to take the fungal down? Or find a gas mask.

I must say I really like them now. The way fungaland expand and pushed you out is great.

My 3 city setup had some nice buildings that were missing from my original city. I even found a river for the first time. Then a lab and antique shop. Then ffffffffffuNGALS!!! Also another missile silo. There are a bunch of things I haven't seen around these cities. I just drove around a refugee center. I'll probably grab one of the school buses I saw for the big move.

Chair and lockers barricading part of the refugee center? Hmmmmm.. I wonder what's in there....

Talk to the merchie at the front desk, it's a minor thing.  (Or ISSUE ONE, depending on your sense of humor.)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13921 on: October 09, 2014, 09:32:41 pm »

Wow the more I walk around an area, the more the NPCs spawn. I have dozens of them on my world map now, and it only seems like they will continue to appear until every tile has several NPCs in it..... which frankly sounds insane.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: October 09, 2014, 09:36:48 pm »

Those NPCs are probably reproducing like rabbits while you're not looking.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:32 pm »

yes those NPCs need to have more depth than being mere walking suicide inducing individuals

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: October 09, 2014, 10:30:28 pm »

yes those NPCs need to have more depth than being mere walking suicide inducing individuals

Having dynamic NPCs on eventually is more NPC Wars rather than zombies. With the most exotic stupidly destructive weapons in the game.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13925 on: October 09, 2014, 10:44:15 pm »

That... actually puts a decent spin on the current WTF they create.
Wonder how long until someone creates a mod that makes the NPC wars a central focus, rather than the survival focus DDA has now.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: October 09, 2014, 11:10:53 pm »

It's giving me flashbacks to STALKER: Clear Sky all over again. That's not exactly a good thing, and why I keep NPC's disabled.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: October 10, 2014, 12:09:49 am »

Clear Sky was not good...

The refugee center loading bay door is connected to a broken console. :/

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13928 on: October 10, 2014, 01:37:13 am »

OK 2 questions.

One is if there is a way to empty out an entire shopping cart at once, because moving 7 two-by-fours at a time is a pain int he ass.

The second is about bulletin boards and bases. I made a bulletin board and when examining it it asked me if I wanted to make the area my base. Now I am really worried about NPCs grabbing all the stuff I have around my base so I am wondering if other people use them and if so how do they use them?

And on a side note, would it ever be possible for multiplayer to be modded in? I think it would be possible with a few people playing co-op if you either had timed turns (where a turn passes automatically after a certain time) or waited until everyone inputted their action. And for time lapses when reading a book or sleeping you could connect everyone's alerts and have to have everyone agree to the timelapse.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: October 10, 2014, 01:44:38 am »

Advanced inventory management should let you move all the 2x4's with a single button press (though it will still take the same amount of time in-game).

There are a few non-synchronized multiplayer servers in existence, where the basic rule is that whoever's computer saves a particular map chunk first is the one who's save is used for that chunk. That's about the best form of multiplayer you can get in Cata, multiple players in the same world but never directly interacting with one another.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13930 on: October 10, 2014, 01:45:28 am »

One is if there is a way to empty out an entire shopping cart at once, because moving 7 two-by-fours at a time is a pain int he ass.
> Advanced inventory menu :3
Move all to another square.

Or, 'e'xamine the cart, then select all, drop all.

Edit: Sneaky royninja D: Thanks!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: October 10, 2014, 03:32:53 am »

Havent played for awhile, boot up the experimental and head into town, makeshift crowbar in hand.

Last words:  "Shocker Brute you say..."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: October 10, 2014, 03:56:42 am »

I'm still partial to the "Turn NPC on, only eat human flesh" challenge.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13933 on: October 10, 2014, 04:35:56 am »

You know what would be an interesting Flaw, would be something like a psedo Hedonistic Serial Killer.

More or less reworks the Morale system. Well, mutes it. More or less, the general things that give you a morale buff does nothing for you but things that damage your morale also doesn't effect you either.

However your morale is on a slow drip to zero and it'd be fantastic if your game world window, slowly losses color as the morale drops. I think this mechanic would be a great way to convey to the player that you're losing vigor and life and getting stressed.

The means how you get morale? Killing none mundane animals at the very least.

I like this, as it forces the player to seek conflict, to get out of their protected little farmstead and can give more reason to naturally want to make a roving hq.

Now the game probably cant really recognize a ritual, though it can recognize what you're killing and what you're doing it. It'd be pretty interesting if you had to keep to a favor weapon and had to keep to a favor victim, either gaining no or very little morale when you stray outside your criteria.   
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: October 10, 2014, 08:45:18 am »

Havent played for awhile, boot up the experimental and head into town, makeshift crowbar in hand.

Last words:  "Shocker Brute you say..."

Metal crowbar. Shocker brute. No.

2211 is broken. Not sure if fixed yet but 2210 is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 927 928 [929] 930 931 ... 1086