Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860251 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12540 on: July 21, 2014, 02:06:19 am »

Fairly certain an untreated infection is eventually lethal.
False actually. At the same point that the recovery time was added a chance for your character to heal naturally on their own was added. IIRC the end chance is something like 33% chance of recovery, though something like 2/3rds of those will happen while the wound is still at the bite stage, prior to it becoming truly "infected".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12542 on: July 21, 2014, 10:32:53 am »

False actually. At the same point that the recovery time was added a chance for your character to heal naturally on their own was added. IIRC the end chance is something like 33% chance of recovery, though something like 2/3rds of those will happen while the wound is still at the bite stage, prior to it becoming truly "infected".

That's great news, I always thought it was lethal.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12543 on: July 21, 2014, 01:36:05 pm »

So, how is the progress in z-levels going?
CiB is still chipping away at his work on them IIRC, and while the bounty source is technically complete, all it needs is just a bit of polish before we widely announce it.

On an unrelated note acidia has made some great bounds in the NPC realm, they are definitely working much better and you can now equip any partners you find in your travels!
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12544 on: July 21, 2014, 01:52:21 pm »

So, how is the progress in z-levels going?
CiB is still chipping away at his work on them IIRC, and while the bounty source is technically complete, all it needs is just a bit of polish before we widely announce it.

On an unrelated note acidia has made some great bounds in the NPC realm, they are definitely working much better and you can now equip any partners you find in your travels!
I'm glad to know about that! I've been following the development on Github for soem time, but I never saw anything about Z-levels (besides that mod that is there, but I haven't tested it).

What I did see was the NPC improvements (I still with them off, but I saw the code updates in Github).

I also saw that person who worked in the development of cities post the inital days (triffid-infested, fungal-infested, looted buildings). So I guess that most of the things the developers wanted are being slowly added.

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't know, well, anything about coding (and that I don't have enough time too), I would be helping. But unfortunately I don't know anything about that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12545 on: July 21, 2014, 02:14:37 pm »

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't know, well, anything about coding (and that I don't have enough time too), I would be helping. But unfortunately I don't know anything about that.
It's fairly easy to learn and a great skill to pick up! I highly suggest checking out Learn Python the Hard Way if you ever feel like spending some spare time. It's fairly easy to pickup and once you get the hang of it it's very easy to branch out into harder languages (like C++, which is what Cataclysm uses!).

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12546 on: July 21, 2014, 02:23:47 pm »

It's fairly easy to learn and a great skill to pick up! I highly suggest checking out Learn Python the Hard Way if you ever feel like spending some spare time. It's fairly easy to pickup and once you get the hang of it it's very easy to branch out into harder languages (like C++, which is what Cataclysm uses!).
Well, thanks! I suppose that if I ever have the time, I would learn and contribute. It is an amazing game so far, and I'm really intrigued about world progression and long-term plans.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12547 on: July 21, 2014, 09:30:35 pm »

All this talk of code makes me wish that git hub worked on my pc (whats wrong with XP?), I've spent hours trying to get  it to up load my add on for Cataclysm.

I'll probably just have to post the changes as files, which is not what i wanted to do it.
Still it should be a good way to pass out my mod once it gets done.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12548 on: July 21, 2014, 09:53:10 pm »

I'm trying to drink spilled mutagen. Is it possible? I can't seem to get it in a bottle. It jsut says I cannot pick up liquids with bare hands. I have an empty plastic bottle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12549 on: July 21, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »

Really the bug there is that it still displays the liquid after you've spilled it at all. That little liquid would very quickly dissipate on anything but the least absorptive of materials.

If you want a demonstration go get a cup of water. Now pour it on the floor/ground. That's what you just spilled. And thinks like glass tubes for mutagen are supposed to be even smaller than that.

In other words, no, you can't pick up spilled liquids at all. They are gone for good.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12550 on: July 22, 2014, 01:53:04 am »

The solution is, obviously, a straw and lots of bending down.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12551 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:55 am »

Hm...it would appear zombies can follow a survivor in the dark who has light step and weak scent.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12552 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:50 am »

How encumbered are you? I think that can add noise.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12553 on: July 22, 2014, 07:37:39 pm »

Weak scent doesn't mean no scent I believe. And they'll travel to your last known position and still hear you if you're really close. If you're even slightly faster you'll lose them very quickly though.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #12554 on: July 23, 2014, 12:52:29 am »

Additionally, the traits only mean you are hard to detect. If you routinely brush through bushes, break windows, and fire (even silenced) weapons, they can hear you. By the way, you can distract enemies by throwing things, as it only makes noise in the target location.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 835 836 [837] 838 839 ... 1086