Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861557 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12210 on: June 21, 2014, 05:37:23 pm »

Hospitals have these rooms in them that are basically cafeterias, with fruits and vegetables and some processed food on the tables.

You can find bundles of wheat in them.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12211 on: June 21, 2014, 07:36:51 pm »

The presence of a predator should scare off the normal wildlife or maybe the spawning of a zombie animal will cause all non-zombies to flee off screen and despawn. I'm only thinking of this so the outside of a shelter that the player has been in doesn't get too overcrowded with wildlife.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12212 on: June 21, 2014, 09:27:34 pm »

I like that idea. It would help with the cougars and dogs running around my hobo shack homestead in the woods.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #12213 on: June 21, 2014, 09:37:40 pm »

So does that mean I could - theoretically - cage a zombie, put it in my yard, and keep them squirrels offa muh lawn?

If I do that and leave a giant pile of tasty steaks on my porch, will that train the bears to ignore the gross zombie menace, in order to get at said tasty steaks?  If I thus take extra steaks and hurl them at zombies, can I make the bears maul them to retrieve their lunch.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12214 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:50 pm »

So does that mean I could - theoretically - cage a zombie, put it in my yard, and keep them squirrels offa muh lawn?

If I do that and leave a giant pile of tasty steaks on my porch, will that train the bears to ignore the gross zombie menace, in order to get at said tasty steaks?  If I thus take extra steaks and hurl them at zombies, can I make the bears maul them to retrieve their lunch.
I was thinking you just call the flee check when the zombie spawns. otherwise it would be trying to have every animal check every other animal which will slow down the game too much I think.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #12215 on: June 21, 2014, 10:34:40 pm »

I thought this wasn't the cataclysm thread while reading the last page.. I had thought an emotion thread turned very dark.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12216 on: June 21, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »

The Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead Thread: We're like other threads turned very dark

Also to note my character hasn't been able to get a good nights sleep in a couple days because before he has a chance something spawns on him. I literally can not seem to get him to go lower then tired because any time I try to sleep in my car something else will attack me in no short amount of time.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12217 on: June 22, 2014, 12:00:54 am »

So it looks like the item blacklist mod fell through, because it was poorly thought out and too many people were opposed to the idea.

It's a shame, because it could have been expanded into a system that would give people a lot more control over the items that spawn in their games without having to take up modding. I still hope that something along those lines shows up someday, maybe in the form of more in-depth worldgen options. I think it could have value not just for removing "controversial" stuff, but as a form of gameplay customization.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12218 on: June 22, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

Please take a look at the blacklist, it's just a list of items, it's in no way "modding". https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/7890/files
If this is super important to you, yet you can't manage to put that simple text file together, I'm going to look at you funny.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12219 on: June 22, 2014, 11:05:37 am »

It has been?  When I got an experimental maybe yesterday or the day before to make my recipe.json split pull I noticed a bunch of mods called No(blank) I thought those were the blacklist mods.  Since all they contain is "type": "ITEM_BLACKLIST",  and a list of items they remove.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12220 on: June 22, 2014, 11:18:09 am »

It has been?  When I got an experimental maybe yesterday or the day before to make my recipe.json split pull I noticed a bunch of mods called No(blank) I thought those were the blacklist mods.  Since all they contain is "type": "ITEM_BLACKLIST",  and a list of items they remove.

I was just going by what was said in the blacklist discussion topic on the CDDA forums. If that's true, I stand corrected. :)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12221 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »

Eating the same thing over and over again, should really just kill you through malnutrition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, humans can go full carnivore just fine. It's full vegetarian that has some issues, and even then you're not likely to die as you are to simply be a bit unhealthy and more prone to diseases getting you.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12222 on: June 23, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

Eating nothing but Ramen is probably not a good idea, though.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12223 on: June 23, 2014, 08:21:43 pm »

You can, however, maintain a balanced diet with a combination of wild veggies found in underbrush, cooked meat from tasty kitties, and potentially fruit juice from mashed up apples and stuff.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #12224 on: June 24, 2014, 12:17:14 am »

A balanced diet can be maintained in real life by also eating the various other parts of animals, for example liver and bone marrow. Now if you only eat one type of animal that might start to be a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 813 814 [815] 816 817 ... 1086