Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861545 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #12135 on: June 13, 2014, 10:36:55 am »

Fuck zolves. Fuck zolves forever. I've cleared three city areas now, and my kill count is higher for the zolves that keep bum-rushing my evac-shelter house. Hell, I didn't get a single full nights sleep until I spent three days reinforcing every window/door and setting up spike pits.

I have found the most important tool in the game for a book-heavy character. The vibrator. No, seriously. It allows you to keep reading the books with a heavier morale penalty since it has an 80 MORALE BOOST.

In other news, the solar powered, lightning fast, shrub-seeking missile - er, Cargo Rider will be upgraded soon; I'm hoping to expand it to the point where I can pack up everything in my base (I estimate at least 3000 - 4000 volume.) and head on out for greener pastures. I've looted and burned most of the nearby sources of gear and I'm hoping that if I move the game won't be so easy - woodland animals like to swarm my house. I have it set up where I can eat and sleep comfortably without going more than 3 map squares from my house. Part of that may be the 6 different funnels, one of which perpetually fills a fucking massive - 30 gallon I think - drum.

Speaking of the Cargo Rider, how does one fill water tanks with water? And does it differentiate between clean water and plain water? Trying to decide if my metal tanks are better served as a petrol store or water store.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: June 13, 2014, 10:45:42 am »

Vehicle water tanks only accept clean water.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: June 13, 2014, 11:05:05 am »

Vehicle water tanks only accept clean water.
Wut. Just... wut.

Water tanks personified:
"Is that dirty water? Hell naw, son! I ain't carryin' that!"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: June 13, 2014, 11:17:26 am »

Obviously they are super high tech self sensing water tanks that detect bacteria and detonate a small attached mininuke to purify the water automatically.

The player knows this and self preservation kicks in every time we compel them to put dirty water in a tank.   It's true, check the code.  (P.S. I am counting on everyone reading this to be too lazy to check the code and just accept that as proof enough)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: June 13, 2014, 11:45:29 am »

I think the game just assumes that you don't want to build a firetruck. What's the point of carrying around water if you can't use it right away?

And the best way to fill up a water tank is with a small metal tank, a swimming pool, and an onboard water purifier such as one provided by the cooking rig.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: June 13, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

Is there a method to transfer liquid from one container to another? And, speaking of vehicle water tanks, what about universalizing them to the point of storing anything in it, from clean water to bleach, vinegar or concentrated acid?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: June 13, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

Is there a method to transfer liquid from one container to another?
'U'nload the liquid contianer, and it will bring up the list of containers you have to pour it into. If you chose nothing, or have nothing, you'll be asked if you want to dump it on the ground.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: June 13, 2014, 12:49:14 pm »

I think I'm on to a very intresting start with the newest experimental. No items in the shelter, not a city in sight, in the middle of a forest dotted by craters, a cave to the distance in the east and a FEMA camp to the west.

EDIT: And I end up stepping on a landmine and die. Oh well.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:56:16 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: June 13, 2014, 02:27:53 pm »

I am currently working on a Lets Play, the idea is that I do a challenge and you guys lay out the overall goals of each day. How does that sound? Currently doing a few test recordings.

Also what is new in the experimental besides a ton of new buildings and more loot from bushes?
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: June 13, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »

@Deathsword

Do NOT pass GO. Do NOT collect $200.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: June 13, 2014, 08:05:13 pm »

Weapons degrade, more shit to make, lots of fun things.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: June 13, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »

Weapons degrade, more shit to make, lots of fun things.
And weapons can be reinforced, yes?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: June 13, 2014, 09:50:44 pm »

Anything made of wood, bone, chitin, cloth, leather, fur, steel, iron, plastic, nomex, and kevlar can be reinforced. Chitin and bone armor cannot be fitted, only reinforced. Ammo can't be reinforced, but things like amplifier circuits can if for some reason you wanted to.

Ranged weapons require gunsmithing tools regardless of material though; even things like bows and slingshots.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:05:31 pm by Blaze »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: June 13, 2014, 09:57:11 pm »

So what can't be repaired/reinforced?  I remember modding my bone armor to include leather so I could repair it, before.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: June 13, 2014, 10:15:42 pm »

Not very many, a lot of items had secondary materials added. Diamond weapons used to be purely diamond, thus exempt, but they now have steel as a secondary material; so they can now be reinforced.

That pretty much limits the list to ammunition, food, glass, stone, aluminum, and gold/silver jewelry. Things like Wasp stingers are considered "Flesh", so they can't be reinforced.

Oddly enough, reinforced glass lists steel as a secondary material; so it can be reinforced. It'll still shatter like any other glass item if you hit anything with it/hit it with anything.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:17:47 pm by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1086