Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862480 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!
« Reply #11940 on: May 24, 2014, 10:49:54 pm »

EDIT: In other news, we finally took the plunge and moved to c++11, expect significant performance improvements.

Finally. :( I've been wanting that for forever but nobody ever agreed with me, citing legacy reasons (eg, 'some compilers don't have c++11'). Oh well...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: May 24, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »

It was a bit of a pain as expected, and we've more or less written off Visual Studio.  gcc, clang, and mingw will have to do.  Probably could have done it a few months ago, but the last time it came up was 6-8 months ago, and I think it would have been a lot harder to migrate even then.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: May 24, 2014, 11:57:57 pm »

Started playing this again after a long break. Wiki's a bit out of date, so can someone here tell me the new requirements to make poppy drugs?

Well, if it's been that long, than you should be informed that most recipes are no longer learned just from leveling up skills. You need to look for books with the relevant recipes as well.

From what I've seen, it looks poppy medicines are among those recipes. Fortunately there's plenty of books that could teach that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11943 on: May 25, 2014, 05:50:45 am »

It was a bit of a pain as expected, and we've more or less written off Visual Studio.  gcc, clang, and mingw will have to do.  Probably could have done it a few months ago, but the last time it came up was 6-8 months ago, and I think it would have been a lot harder to migrate even then.
Doesn't VS have partial support for C++11? Do you use features not supported by it?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: May 25, 2014, 10:09:00 am »

What's the prognosis of a fungal infection? I save-scummed raiding a hospital(goddamn so many boomers each time), regenning the hospital each time, looking for antifungal drugs, but never found them, and a few raids had to be aborted due to my hands exploding. That said, why the hell is it so hard to actually find antifungal drugs? One instance I got antiparasitics, but those didn't help.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: May 25, 2014, 10:17:26 am »

you could raid a lab and look for royal jelly. Or find a beehive, or make it yourself if you have the skills and know-how.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: May 25, 2014, 10:25:35 am »

The real question is, can this still be compiled for Android/Linux on Android?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: May 25, 2014, 12:03:27 pm »

Started playing this again after a long break. Wiki's a bit out of date, so can someone here tell me the new requirements to make poppy drugs?

Well, if it's been that long, than you should be informed that most recipes are no longer learned just from leveling up skills. You need to look for books with the relevant recipes as well.

From what I've seen, it looks poppy medicines are among those recipes. Fortunately there's plenty of books that could teach that.

Hmmm, I guess it's time for a trip to the library then.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: May 25, 2014, 12:21:04 pm »

What's the prognosis of a fungal infection? I save-scummed raiding a hospital(goddamn so many boomers each time), regenning the hospital each time, looking for antifungal drugs, but never found them, and a few raids had to be aborted due to my hands exploding. That said, why the hell is it so hard to actually find antifungal drugs? One instance I got antiparasitics, but those didn't help.
Antifungal drugs can be found in military and science locations, in hospital labs, and occasionally in houses/cleaning closets. You can also make your own from fungal fighter stings.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: May 25, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »

There's plenty of mi-gos around, it seems. I've beat them to death with a quarterstaff, shot them with a Cx4 Storm, shot them with a flaregun (I love that gun, by the way. Pyro-style executions for the win), and, for good measure, used a LAW one time when I was suffering a cheap meth comedown.
You pull the activating lever, readying the LAW to fire.
Fwoosh!
Good hit!
The shot reflects off the mi-go's thick hide!
Note: I completely imagined a "doink!" sound in my head when I read that.

There was a time I was sleeping in my cabin with a mi-go that followed me home outside and kept waking me up with its racket. I had to go outside and shoot it to death with my flaregun. Kind of weird that they can't break down windows.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #11950 on: May 25, 2014, 06:28:21 pm »

Doesn't VS have partial support for C++11? Do you use features not supported by it?
I've used several C++11 features with visual studio. As far as I've heard it's fully supported in VS2013, why would we have to write it off?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: May 25, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »

There's plenty of mi-gos around, it seems. I've beat them to death with a quarterstaff, shot them with a Cx4 Storm, shot them with a flaregun (I love that gun, by the way. Pyro-style executions for the win), and, for good measure, used a LAW one time when I was suffering a cheap meth comedown.

There should be modifications for flareguns to allow remotely detonated flares, or ones with a blast radius. And yes I am suggesting to blatantly rip off TF2.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: May 25, 2014, 07:25:44 pm »

There should be modifications for flareguns to allow remotely detonated flares, or ones with a blast radius. And yes I am suggesting to blatantly rip off TF2.

Flaregun +flare + molotov = range and precision blast?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: May 25, 2014, 07:35:25 pm »

Flaregun +flare + molotov = range and precision blast?
A grenade launcher, but with molotovs? A molotov launcher?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: May 25, 2014, 07:38:16 pm »

I look away from this thread for a week, come back, and look what happens. Talk about a slippery slope.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1086